Save Saved
You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed at The International Palms a couple of nights this week. Had purchased a GroupOn deal so the value was good. Upon arrival, I realized we had stayed there a few years ago when the property was a Holiday Inn. It was a tired property then badly in need of rejuvenation and it's still a tired property badly in need of rejuvenation. We stayed in an oceanfront room - the location was excellent. The room had new carpet and had been painted which was a plus. But the old tired, chipped funiture was retained. The bathroom was a mess with missing and molding caulk. Several of the hallway lights were out and the stairway was not lighted at night. We had breakfast in the cafe both mornings. Judy, our waitress was excellent. We both had the specials the first morning. The servings were substantial and quite good. The second morning I ordered the banana french toast...but they were out of bananas. My second choice was the blueberry pancakes....but they were out of blueberries. On the positive side, the staff was very friendly and service oriented. It's a great location...just needs some serious updating.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms to the north have best view of the Atlantic
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your business and feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our grounds. We really have a great FUN location. The rooms in some parts are being worked on as we speak to better our guest experience. All your concerns will be looked into and any issue we find will be addressed. Please feel free to contact me at your leisure so I can have a better understanding about your comments. We look forward to your return.

Dustin S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
Seffner, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

You can not go wrong staying here ! ! !
You get Great people taking care of you, with nice rooms at a awesome value, in an incredible location! What more could you ask for?
My family and I have stayed here a number of times and we have never had a bad experience!
We are an active family and they have lots to do on-site and have all you need to have a great family experience and memories for a lifetime! Jeff, Arlene, Kasey, and Connor V.

Room Tip: Any room facing the ocean or pool area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your excellent review! We're so glad that you and your family enjoyed our staff and our property so much! Our location is indeed one of a kind. Please the next time you are out stop in and say hello! We look forward to your return.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through a discount site with a booking bonus for a cost according to them of $90 for my one night stay. We arrived after midnight and I asked if there was any way we could be upgraded. I thought she was going to do this but then when she went to point out my room, it was right next to the lobby. She then went on to explain that there was no way that she could upgrade us for free (at midnight?? c'mon!) and that the costs would be either $10, $20 or $30 depending on the room. It took me about 15 minutes or more to check in. We were put in the third building from the lobby on the parking lot side on the bottom level. REALLY?? Highly disappointed with this but we were exhausted as it was nearly 1 am at this point and I didn't feel I was going to get resolution based on my earlier conversation at the front desk anyway.
In the morning, we took a walk on the beach which was very nice and then we went back to the room to shower. I put my clothes on the floor and when I went to get them, they were sopping wet because the sink had drained onto the floor! I did let them know about this at the front desk and they waived my resort fees (which I had no idea I was going to be charged anyway as the night clerk had not told me this). I don't know how much this takes off the bill but at least they did something.
If I had gotten this place for around $40, it might have been worth it but I have stayed at different hotels in Cocoa Beach for less than I paid and had a much better room and breakfast was included. I don't recommend the International Palms Resort. It always amazes me how we can have such different experiences at the exact same place!

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room or at the least a courtyard room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for review. We apologize that your expectations were met at arrival. We always try to accommodation to the best of our abilities. The challenge you came across in your room has been assessed and resolved, we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope that you will give us another chance so we can succeed your expectation.

Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I stayed at The International Palms last week, and what a delight!
The rooms and grounds were very clean. Eveyone on staff was very friendly! The food was very good, you could tell it was all made fresh! The wait staff was EXCELLENT, Rusty went out of her way to make sure everything was great. She sent us set for the day with all the local info and directions that we needed to enjoy our days in Cocoa Beach! It was like we had the run of the resort being the slow season! We will return!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. We are so pleased that you were able to enjoy your vacation at International Palms Resort . We appreciate your kind words. We are committed to taking excellent care of our guests and are delighted to see that this continues to be recognized by our guests.

Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We've stayed at the International Palms 2x - once in the August summer season b2010 efore heading to Orlando and once during spring break in April 2012 before getting on a cruise. We liked it both times, although there was more open on the resort during the summer.

First of all, this is a huge resort with plenty of amenities. When we first arrived, we were concerned because there was a large group of high school kids staying there, but the resort is so big that we hardly noticed all the teenagers. In the summer, the pool water is warm and there is a fantastic shallow pirate ship pool for the kids. There is an outdoor bar by the pool and a hut selling reasonably priced swim gear. We bought a noodle for $5, which was a fair price to at a resort store. The beach access is conveniently located, and there is a large outdoor bar with music and a decent menu right by the beach entrance. I needed a sun hat, and in August there was a little wagon that sells hats, beach dresses, sunscreen etc which allows you to use your hotel key card to charge your purchases. The beach is clean and their are beach rentals with umbrellas. It was a great three-night stopover before heading to Orlando.

During spring break, the weather was chillier and we weren't able to use the pirate pool because it was too cold. The large main pool is heated, so my son still enjoyed swimming. The pool bar was not open, which was disappointing, but the outdoor tiki bar by the ocean was open. I recommend the lemon drop shots - very tasty! The little wagon store by the beach and the one by the pool were not open, either, so it felt a little less festive, but it was still a great place to stay before getting on our cruise.

We reserved the speciality "kid's room" which had a cute cubicle in the center of the hotel room decorated with dolphins. Our son had a bunk bed, his own TV, and plenty of space to call his own in his private sleeping quarters. Next time, we'll probably try one of the oceanfront rooms. The hotel is near Cape Canaveral, and it is well worth spending the day at the NASA tourist attraction. The hotel sells discount tickets, so be sure to buy them there instead of at NASA.

All in all, a great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is closer to the pool or the beach. This is a big place, and you could be walkin...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
THANK YOU for your review! Our tiki bar over-looking the ocean is a guest favorite as well as the pirate ship pool! I am pleased that your son was able to enjoy our junior-Olympic sized pool while the weather was chilly! We keep our pool at a sensational 82degrees! It is exciting to hear that he also enjoyed the feeling of having his own room with the mini walls and his own TV. Thank you again for your excellent review and we look forward to your return.
Sincerely
Port Orange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We decided we needed a weekend getaway close to home but not to close. Upon check-in we were overwhelmed by not only the hospitality but just how big this resort really was. It was the off season so it was almost like we had the place to ourselves. The food at both Mambos and the Captains Grill was excellent as well as the service. We will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We opted for a standard room with a King sized bed facing the property/spa. Centrally located and a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU for your excellent review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed yourselves while you were here with us! We take great pleasure in taking care of our guest so I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the rest of our staff! Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

San Antonio, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

spent two days at this resort. it ws the first time for this hotel and we were extremely please with the experience. from the registration with Mark who was extremely accomodating and helpful with directions and things to see while here, to Judy in the Captain's Cafe where we had breakfast, and Mombo's was really good for lunch. All meals were generous portions so if over 55 or a light eater you may want to share a meal. Rooms were clean and a nice bonus was a coffee maker in the room, nice not to have to go out for a cup early in the morning. Computer in the lobby was a pleasant surprise and made it easy to check e-mails.

Room Tip: stayed in room 615 that provided a great view of the ocean, Mark's recommendation!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU for your amazing review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed some of our many amenities during your stay with us. I will be sure to pass your great feedback to our entire team! We really enjoy treating our guests with excellent care!
See you soon.

Sincerely

Dustin S.

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!