We've stayed at the International Palms 2x - once in the August summer season b2010 efore heading to Orlando and once during spring break in April 2012 before getting on a cruise. We liked it both times, although there was more open on the resort during the summer.
First of all, this is a huge resort with plenty of amenities. When we first arrived, we were concerned because there was a large group of high school kids staying there, but the resort is so big that we hardly noticed all the teenagers. In the summer, the pool water is warm and there is a fantastic shallow pirate ship pool for the kids. There is an outdoor bar by the pool and a hut selling reasonably priced swim gear. We bought a noodle for $5, which was a fair price to at a resort store. The beach access is conveniently located, and there is a large outdoor bar with music and a decent menu right by the beach entrance. I needed a sun hat, and in August there was a little wagon that sells hats, beach dresses, sunscreen etc which allows you to use your hotel key card to charge your purchases. The beach is clean and their are beach rentals with umbrellas. It was a great three-night stopover before heading to Orlando.
During spring break, the weather was chillier and we weren't able to use the pirate pool because it was too cold. The large main pool is heated, so my son still enjoyed swimming. The pool bar was not open, which was disappointing, but the outdoor tiki bar by the ocean was open. I recommend the lemon drop shots - very tasty! The little wagon store by the beach and the one by the pool were not open, either, so it felt a little less festive, but it was still a great place to stay before getting on our cruise.
We reserved the speciality "kid's room" which had a cute cubicle in the center of the hotel room decorated with dolphins. Our son had a bunk bed, his own TV, and plenty of space to call his own in his private sleeping quarters. Next time, we'll probably try one of the oceanfront rooms. The hotel is near Cape Canaveral, and it is well worth spending the day at the NASA tourist attraction. The hotel sells discount tickets, so be sure to buy them there instead of at NASA.
All in all, a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Listen to the soothing waves of the Atlantic Ocean & sink your toes into our white sand beach at the oceanfront Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Florida Hotel, the finest in Cocoa Beach accommodations. Soak up the sun at our Cocoa Beach Florida resort as you relax beside the largest hotel pool in Cocoa Beach. Kids will have an adventure in our kid-friendly Pirate Ship themed pool. Oh, the choices to make, white sand and boogie boards or wacky water cannons! Adventure seekers will love the challenge of many onsite water sport activities including surfing lessons. The best of Cocoa Beach is just outside your Cocoa Beach, FL, hotel room or one of many spacious suites. Connection to the business world is never far with complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. The only decision you will need to make is business suit or bathing suit . This spacious oceanfront hotel in Cocoa Beach Fl is located only 7 miles from Port Canaveral and 17 miles from Kennedy Space Center. While in town be sure to visit Ron Jon s Surf Shop, historic Cocoa Village, the Brevard Zoo or many of the Central Florida theme parks. All are a short drive away. Look no further for a hotel in Cocoa Beach, Florida. Paradise is a click away! The Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Resort hotel is the best choice for your Cocoa Beach lodging.Florida resident discounts are available You must be 21 or older to check in! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Otel, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center Cocoa Beach
- International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Florida