“Best place in town, hands down” 5 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach

You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Fern Park, Florida, United States
“Best place in town, hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is an old resort here in downtown cocoa beach, but it truly is the closest, best deal in town! It isnt the hilton, but hundreds of dollars less than the competitor and still very nice. It is also the closest place to coconuts and it even has its own beach access with restaurants, pools, spa, game room, tiki bars, and basically everything here on campus. The rooms were older but clean and everything worked very well. The staff was so friendly and helped us out so much with our stay. Tessa hooked us up even though it was sold out and hectic as all get out when we got here. She was great. I would give this place a five star rating no doubt. Will stay here everytime I come to cocoa!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dustin S, Front Office Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you ! We look forward to your return...

Dustin S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Location awesome walking distance to beach! Cleanliness poor!

• Stayed July 2012
Metamora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

older hotel-some updates. the pool area is nice and we liked the fact we were right on the beach. enjoyed the 3 nights of fireworks the week of july 4th. they were great!!! we had some delay at check-in, not sure why?

Room Tip: stay in the condo's on the beach or around the pool.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have stayed at many places and we always agree that we will take a mediocre hotel with a great location over a great hotel with a mediocre location. So the IPRCC has a great location. Close to a Publix (overpriced) and a Winn-Dixie (much better price). The rooms have fridge and microwave. The rooms are a little dated, but they are for sleeping only since there is so much more to do. The pool was good, basketball, shuffleboard, volleyball, baggo are also included. The beach is awesome and right there.
Having said that, we would get up and go to the beach everyday. Food was good. They have a nice convenience store-- Corey is a very helpful gentleman who works there. The front desk people were all very nice, can't remember names, but Cate I think and the guy with the gold dolphin necklace were very helpful.
The room was a little dated, but everything worked good. The AC was loud, but it drowned out any outside noise which was a plus!! The courtyard game area was open until 11, a day at the beach puts me to bed before that!! I love reading about the people that say that the shower had not hot water--- really I think that some people are just to pampered to have ever had to figure out how to turn the water on!!! lol
In closing, we travel a lot and try to be as price aware as possible. This week at the IPR was worth every dollar, and one of the best vacations we have had. We shopped at grocery store for breakfast and lunch food and snacks and beverages and went out to dinner. The beach was awesome. So, my beer budget got me pretty close to champagne!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jim M, Director of Sales at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you...love your description of location and place and of beerand champagne...
Think I'm going to blow this up to poster size and put it up in the lobby, as it is a very fair definition and description of who we are...

Thanx again.
Los Alamitos, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

first off let me say (as this hotel really reviews tripadvisor critiques) that I have spent over 2 months in hotels of the past 6 months... coast to coast, from Ayres to Motel 6.

The good: certain things have been updated - some carpets, fridges, possibly the mattresses and room furniture. i appreciated the lack of a bedspread in favor of something that is washed after each guest, but was surprised at how thin the 'blanket' was, luckily I was by myself so I could double up the blanket. Other than that the bed was very good for a hotel spring mattress. The staff were friendly and check in was prompt.

The bad: The moldy/musty smell. Even though there are no animals allowed here, it was almost as bad as a wet dog smell, or a really wet basement that had carpet installed in it. I am allergic to mold spores and I can usually cope with humid hotels... but this place put me in a near asthmatic state and popping more pills than are safe to get through the night! I don't know where the issue lies, the AC is near new, it could be as simple as it is not evaporating right and that could be fixed. It could be a much more serious issue and they could have mold throughout the structure. Either way it needs to be addressed. This is not a one room issue, I have stayed here previously this spring with the same problem. although I will say it is worse now in the high humidity summer. I have also stayed at nearby hotels without any issues. Days inn and Radisson both were fine.

Another issue I had was with the cleaning , upon arrival I found hairs stuck to the bathroom tile which was very obvious and should not have been missed. The tub did not drain well, which I see others have noted. The AC filter had never been cleaned, and if it had not been relatively new I wonder how gross that would have been. It was near black and had mold growing on it. Also there is no bathroom vent fan, which may add to the moisture problem and mold issues. The bathroom is vented without a fan, but that is not good enough in these high humidity environments. Some rooms have vents where you kind of share it with the room behind you and you can see light from their side and can hear them... which is a bit creepy,

The grounds around the place are looking a bit run down but the pool area is nice enough and the proximity to the ocean is great. As others noted the TV/Coffee makers are old, but for the price of the room I am okay with that. I will always accept older appliances in favor of newer bedding and carpet.

For near the same price (at least right now) the Radisson in Cape Canaveral is a better bet in my opinion. It shares a lot of the same features, great pool, tennis courts, restaurant/bar. It is not as close to the beach, however I enjoyed their rooms much more. They are also an older property but seem to be able to handle it better.

All in all I judge a hotel on how well they provide a clean and pleasant environment, a decent bed, and a good shower/bathroom, the rest is a nice extra but if they fail in any of those 3 areas they are not worth a stay. In 2 out of the three three areas (with cleanliness/mold issues the biggest offender) there is room for improvement.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Falling Waters, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

BEWARE TO ANYONE THINKING ABOUT STAYING HERE

The hotel lobby was dirty, gloomy and smelled like mildew. The grounds, hallways and stairways were filthy. When we got to our room, it was not much better. There was a pile of wet dirty towels in front of our door that we had to move out of the way to enter our room. The towels stayed there overnight and most of the next day (even after housekeeping worked the floor). I requested a crib, which was delivered after an hour. I noticed the crib was broken and not safe it fell over when our child got in it. I called to ask for another crib; I sat in room waiting for another hour, it never came so I left. When I returned to the room, 3 hours later still no crib. I called front desk and he told me that all the cribs were broken and that is why one was not delivered. I had to call the front desk every night to ask when they were going to turn out the lights and get rid of all the teenagers in the courtyard. There were several nights when security did not come out until after 11pm. The noise was so loud that you could hear it over the air conditioner. Children’s pool was dirty and not maintained.

The stay at this hotel (so called Resort) was so disappointing. My family purposely stayed out as late as possible so we did not have to spend any time at the hotel. I could go on and on. My family and I travel frequently and have stayed in many hotels and this is by far the worst place we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel or so called resort
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jim M, Director of Sales at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
VIP40 and Readers at large...
anyone who follows the thread of these replies realizes, hopefully, I am not going thru the motions in my replies...
in this case - I just went to inspect our 12 cribs in Housekeeping and while our inventory is adequate, there is a need for improvement here and I fear that while you were here, we had such demand that we may have run out and that is an issue being rectified.

For all those READERS here...I also just walked the grounds - as I do everyday - and still believe that it is our promenade, our Kids Pool that is full as of this writing and our spaciousness that makes our resort different and hopefully, special enough.

Sorry for the disappointment here - as mentioned in an earlier reply, sometimes I wonder IF I am at the same resort being reported on - especially after reading a glowing review just previous; stil, we take all such reviews seriously and are taking action every day...

Here's to better stays...
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I visited with a group of about 35 people for a church related event from 6/20-24/12. We stayed in the renovated rooms and found them to be clean and comfortable, though a few people complained their rooms were very humid. The staff was extremely polite and helpful and did everything they could to accommodate all the needs of our large group. The breakfast buffet had good variety, the food at lunch was good, and the two buffet dinners we had catered were excellent. Anyone choosing not to eat at the indoor restaurant could opt to eat at Mambo's (outdoors on the premises), cross the street to a sports bar or Asian restaurant, or walk one block to a Denny's. Many more options were a short drive away. They have a small game room that our kids enjoyed, though it's true the fitness room had no equipment and the "spa" was a hot tub in a tiki hut. The pool area was very nice, especially the kiddie pool, and the beach is just steps away. Overall, our experience was very positive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!