You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Nicholson, Georgia
“Staff and rooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel many times because of a car show we attend. It was much better when it was a Holiday Inn. They charge a high rate for bringing a pet. They claim they shampoo the carpet after the pet leaves. I have not seen that happen. They change the bedding and clean the bathroom and rent it out again.How could you tell if you were having a reacation to the mold or a pet?
The staff seem to like making it hard on people that want to be close to friends.When you make your reservations six months in advance and request certain rooms they should be able to work with the people.They offer to let some stay until after the car show is over and tell others they have to leave their room before eleven.
The hotel is in sad shape.It looks very nice from the outside but the rooms have mold and are in disrepair. On a good note the food is good and not too high priced.If it wasn't for the car show we would not be going to this motel.

Room Tip: Go to another motel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jim M, Director of Sales at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
an apology is all that is in order here...We pride ourselves on hosting the Car Show year after year and they wouldn't keep coming back and they and their vendors and their guests and their fans were not happy with the resort, right? - and we already know they will be returning again this year.

Our pet policy and fees are pretty standard and I assure you that the deep cleaning that follows is indeed standard.

As for guest requests, we do make every effort to accommodate - even as I did for a family with multiple rooms coming over from Orlando last weekend and just got a note from them at checkout that all went well...so, we are working in all the areas you covered, so am truly sorry we fell short with you and yours.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Vinings, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We arrived early and were greated nicely by the front desk attendant. They allowed us to check in early which was awesome. When we pulled up they had an antique car show in the parking lot and throughout the grounds which was also great. The drawbacks are the antiquated rooms, no elevators, no ice in any of the ice machines and the railings of the stairs are not secured. There seemed to be a lot of confusion from the different staff members. In fact, when we finally got ice from one of the restaurants I heard one of the staff stating that they have no clue what was planned for that night or tomorrow. Just more of the same ol', same ol' and the manager never lets them know the plans.

We ate at Mambo's a couple of times, but the beer boiled shrimp was old and rotten. I asked them to just make some more for me, but they brought out more of the same old rotten shrimp that was riding around in the fridge, i'm sure. We made the most of it and drank our beers and chatted away. If they work on overhauling these rooms and making some upgrades it would be a wonderful place.

Room Tip: Ocean view is optimal for sure!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
some interesting perspective here...

regarding the staff - a few stray comments should not be taken as indicative of poor management, so I take offense at that conclusion. We have daily, weekly and monthly meetings and updates and internal memos that are all aimed at good communication and I personally take responsibility for making sure everyone knows about our plans and events - so let's not rush to judgement here because of a comment that was just over-heard in the hallway.

The Mambos review surprises as we generally get great reviews on the food in all the outlets,but especially Mambos - where we host a Jazz Night and a regular Happy Hour which is becoming popular with the locals...I'll check out the shrimp today at lunch and be alert to your comments.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is a good beach hotel, nothing fancy. Jen at the front desk was great and helped book an additonal night for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Appreciate the overview and the postive nature of the review....

We prefer however, to be viewed and known, more as a very good VALUE...not cheap....
Hope those of you planning to visit us in June and thru the summer will agree.

Thank you.
Elgin, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed here for one night after coming off a cruise at nearby port canaveral.

Booked as it was cheap and on the beach. Location was great backing onto a beautiful beach. Got an early booking in by the helpful and friendly staff. Bit of a worry going to our room as it was motel style and the block we were in looked a bit run down. The room however was clean with lots of decent facilities, the kids loved their screened off bedroom.

All in all a good cheap hotel with great swimming pool area.

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is an honest and to the point review:

The staff couldn't have been better, they were happy and helpful and got us checked in very quickly. We found our room no problem, it was in one of the buildings to the edge of the grounds on the second floor with an outside door. An older style building but nothing really wrong with it, just a few bits rough round the edges due to having so many people here for so many years enjoying their vacations.
Our room was fine, nothing amazing but nothing wrong with it, and it had a fully working fridge with freezer section and a microwave. The bathroom was totally clean, it is obvious these rooms and bathrooms are cleaned well every day. The maids are zipping about working hard all the time- the place is clean. Older doesn't mean dirtier or less hygienic. A few chips in the paint in a couple of spots, a slight gap under our door, and slightly older furnishings- but that's literally all that was not ideal. And these very slight negatives didn't even bother me AT ALL.

The rest of the property is really very nice and more modern, dotted with palm trees and different little sections. There's a beach volley ball court, tennis court, pools (including kids area with pirate ship), 2 places to dine (including Mambo's by the beach, with live music in the evening) and a hire place to get all your beach essentials like surf boards, towels, chairs etc. The pool area is great, with lots of people using the area and obviously having a great time (where are all their reviews?!). It all looks great too. They've got brand new pool loungers which everyone was enjoying. There's a Bar and Grill right next to the pool, and they play great music out into the pool area at a good volume so you can relax or party as you please. Good water temperature, no complaints, enjoyed it a lot.
The food at Mambo's on site was really nice. They were busy with a large party of people that came for the day when we went the first time but they still got food out to us quickly and it was great quality and very tasty. It's a cool place to hang out and have a cocktail too, literally 60secs from the beach.
The location is great too. I wasn't driving but used the beach trolley to get up and down the coast. There's a big Publix supermarket about 10mins walk away which I used for groceries.

All in all this IS a good place for a vacation, especially for the price. It isn't brand new. It's got character, and it's got great staff. If you have a request they sort it out for you, they did for us. You have a chance of finding an insect or 2, the same as you do at home- who cares anyway? Unfortunately we share the planet with bugs, they aren't only at International Palms as some reviewers seem to be trying to convince themselves, and you. I killed a few tiny ones in my room, didn't bother me- I've stayed in Cairo Egypt and Guatemala, this is a Penthouse Suite compared to some of the stuff there!! ;-) Seriously, this is a more than adequate place for your cocoa beach vacation, and it's fun.

I'd like to thank the staff for helping make this part of our vacation great (we also stayed in Orlando). The management are working hard on improvements too, and I'd like to say Good Luck to you all! I hope more of the many guests that were obviously having a great time there make the effort to leave a review.

Hope to be there again one day!

*********************************************************************************************************************

(About the really bad reviews: I think a lot of these 1 star reviews are from people that cant see past a few rough edges, they dwell on anything slightly negative rather than enjoy the good things about this fun little resort. Also I think many haven't really lived and are actually quite sad if they have to check straight out of a hotel just because there's a bit of chipped paint and maybe a tiny mildew stain on one bit of the grouting in the bathroom. You see these pathetic people posting photos up on this website and most of the time there's nothing really there to see, perhaps a slightly wonky door handle or an older tap - who cares?! These people build things up in their heads, way out of proportion, and get upset about nothing. Unless you're paying loads of money dont expect a brand new hotel with everything absolutely perfect everywhere. Seriously people, maybe it's not the 'hotel of your dreams' but come on, it's really a fine place to stay for the price, and actually as a whole the resort is very decent)

Room Tip: If you have a problem just ask- ours was fine though!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Loved this review and DO hope you will all take the time to read all of it...

It's not a perfect world, we do not profess (yet) to be perfect, but we do aspire to all of the positives posted here and we will continue to work hard to be a little better every day.

Thank you for your kind words.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

I have never written a negative review, but My God! after reading reviews for this place my wife an son were excited for a great weekend. I got there and checked in, staff was friendly. Went to the kid's suite, and when we turned on the bathroom light, roaches went everywhere (I killed a few before they all got away). I went to the front desk, they apologized, but where out of othe kid's suites. The only other room they had with more than 1 area for beds was a villa, which I paid an extra $30 a night to be in (it was mother's day weekend an we just wanted to get it started and get our kid to bed). Anyways, we moved all our stuff to the villa, and it was disgusting. It was like an old motel. Worst part was I followed a smell down the hall to a soaking wet floor. When I opened the closet door, the air conditioner was leaking everywhere and their was green mold all over the wall and vent. There was also spider webs all over the room.

I have never walked out of a hotel before in my life, and never thought I would. I've stayed in motels for $19.99 a night that were nicer. Don't listen to the other reviews. It may have a nice pool (don't know, didn't make it there), but roaches and mold! Forget it. After three hours of this, I am leaving to find another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Jim M, Director of Sales at International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Apologies all around...
I am going to review all Villas today and ensure such errors are corrected...
Annapolis, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I booked this hotel through Travelocity.com using the "secret hotel" option, and paid $45 per night including charges - but they don't tell you about the daily service fee that the resort will charge you when you check out, so I was a little disappointed and felt I'd been given the "bait and switch". But then, again, I paid so little for the room that I have to remind myself that the amenities and room I got for my money was well worth the price I paid.

My husband and I stayed in this resort in November of 2009 and then I myself stayed there at the beginning of this month. There have been considerable upgrades to this resort, which I believe may have, at one time, been a Howard Johnsons. Now, it's owned by a private hotelier who has another location in Orlando, I think. This resort is needing some attention. If you look at the pictures I uploaded, you'll see that parts of the hotel are under construction - falling apart. This was the case with the "family deluxe" room, which my husband and I had stayed in, in 2009. THAT room was horrible. Although the privacy of the bunk beds was a nice feature for our family, the room was dated, musty, and not the nicest for the price we paid. BUT (big but), the hotel has some really, really nice amenities for families that you won't get much of elsewhere in Cocoa Beach. I've stayed at a number of resorts there, and there are not too many that have playgrounds, a kids pool, and the spacious grounds that you can walk around without traffic. Add to this the proximity/access to the beach, and this would make a solid choice for most families, regardless of how dated the room is.

The room that I stayed in, in May 2012, was a good room for me. I don't think I'd book a king ocean front with my family - there was not a sleeper sofa in the room. But, they've obviously replaced the carpets, repainted, the bed linens were clean and the bed was comfortable, there was a great view (although the sea grapes blocked exactly where the sun comes up from 603), and the room was perfect for my needs.

The landscaping of the grounds needs attention - many dead leaves and an actual crumbling staircase that was concerning for me... we stayed in that building before and that was the staircase we used... But the Surfside was nice, I would stay in the Surfside building again. I took pictures of the stairs there, too, so you could see the difference. They've fortified and repoured the stepts on this building - you can clearly see the upgrade. I've also taken pictures of some rooms under construction. Of course, a hotel isn't going to advertise construction, but you can clearly see work in progress on the north side of this resort.

Enjoy your stay, if you go there. It is a family place that's not brand-spanking new. But there are upgrades available, if you look hard enough.

Room Tip: Surfside building, higher floors facing the beach are the best in this resort.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for returning and we hope you will again..and I believe that overall, your comments are an accurate reflection of our offerings - sorry you found too many leaves about the grounds, as we are really working to keep all areas spruced up and did just change landscaping services...WE do have alot to offer and do believe the entire resort and all we offer needs to be considered for any Price / Value equation...

thank you for your postive comments, as a return guest.

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!