“Nice but no internet in the room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5600 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931-3920 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Venice, Florida
“Nice but no internet in the room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We were in a ground floor garden view room. It was spotless and seemed freshly decorated. Very nice. The breakfast was very good but get there early to avoid the crowd. My problem was with the wifi. I could get onto their system but could not connect from there to the internet. I talked to the front desk at 5:00 p.m. and a very pleasant person said that the I.T. guy was working on the problem. At 8:00 p.m. a very pleasant person said to give her five minutes and she would have the I.T. guy reboot the system. At 9:00 p.m. a very pleasant person said she would have the I.T. guy work on service to my room first. The next morning I learned that there has been no internet service to that building for at least a week. The I.T. guy had told one of the guests that some equipment had to be replaced but he was too busy responding to guest complaints. Maybe if he just fixed the system there wouldn't be so many guest complaints. (I tried my laptop in the breakfast room and had no problems.)

Room Tip: There is a great variety of rooms with many different amenities and different views. Read the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ended up at this property after a nightmare experience at the place we had reservations. The staff bent over backwards to accomodate us and gave us an excellent rate. Everything has been recently updated, beach access, generous breakfast, friendly and helpful staff. We were there one week and it all went very well and plan on returning.

Room Tip: The suites have balconies over looking the ocean. The best would be the 5th floor. There is also a b...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in may of 2012. The room was very clean, and had a beautiful view of the beach and pier. My only complaint about the room itself was there was never any soap but that was not a big deal, i just went to the grocery store and bought some. The free breakfast was bland. Went to do a load of laundry as they have onsite washing machines but the vending machine with the detergent and stuff was always empty. This was a nice hotel in a perfect location and I would probably stay here again but next time I will come a little more prepared.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Galashiels, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I arrived at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites after a 2 hour journey from St.Augustine.I was allocated a room on the ground floor in one of the many buildings which made up the hotel.The room consisted of a King size bed,wide screen TV,a very noisy fridge,microwave oven and coffee/tea making facility.Although there was an iron,there was no board,so I contacted the front desk and within 5 minutes a member of housekeeping appeared at my room door with a board.The En-Suite was compact with a plentiful supply of clean towels.
The Lobby is situated in another building and there is a couple of computers for guests to use.
Complimentary breakfast is available in yet another of the hotel buildings.My one major complaint would be the amount of loud noise from people and vehicles from the street outside and also from guests in the rooms above.No good at all if you happen to be a light sleeper.
I stayed for one night at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites and it was far too noisy for my liking,therefore,I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on an upper floor,it might just be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Matthew K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to be the best hotel we can be and your feedback is a great tool. I am sorry that it was noisy the night you stayed with us. I have never had this kind of complaint at this hotel, but will do an audit of the rooms with my Chief Engineer to see if we have any issues which can be remedied or improved. We know how important a good night's sleep is and we will make sure all is done to make that happen.

Thank you again for your comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Due to emergency circumstances, the cruise ship that my parents were on had to port in Cape Canaveral. My father was admitted to the hospital and my mother stayed at this hotel. Reina and Sharmaine went above and beyond to make my mother comfortable. Due to disability, they had breakfast delivered to her room as well as making sure that her room stay was extended as long as necessesary. They say that they treat you like family, and they stepped in for me and did just that! This hotel ROCKS! REINA and SHARMAINE rock! Thank you........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Burlington, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We picked this hotel to stay in before a Disney cruise.
The photo shows one large building on the ocean that looks nice but we were in a small, 2-storey building (no elevator).
The room was clean enough but very dated. The pillows were odd and not comfortable.
The reservation did include breakfast and the food was absolutely fine. One of the women could tell I was looking for something and when I said I was just looking for peanut butter she was very sweet and brought me some from the kitchen. Every single thing they use at the breakfast is disposable though.
Overall it was fine for a night but I'd probably try and stay some place else next time.

Room Tip: Though we weren't in the main building (shown in the pictures) I would imagine it is better than...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karfli
Matthew K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us!

I am so happy to hear about the added service that our breakfast attendant showed you. That is the guest first philosophy we insist on and it makes me happy when I see it in effect.

We just finished our renovations and every room we have now features all new interiors. I am sure your feeling about the room being "Dated" would be different next trip. Please try us again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach Suites
Cocoa Beach Suites
#20 of 32 in Cocoa Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 399 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!