“Pretty average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Springfield, Illinois
“Pretty average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in may of 2012. The room was very clean, and had a beautiful view of the beach and pier. My only complaint about the room itself was there was never any soap but that was not a big deal, i just went to the grocery store and bought some. The free breakfast was bland. Went to do a load of laundry as they have onsite washing machines but the vending machine with the detergent and stuff was always empty. This was a nice hotel in a perfect location and I would probably stay here again but next time I will come a little more prepared.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Scottish Borders.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I arrived at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites after a 2 hour journey from St.Augustine.I was allocated a room on the ground floor in one of the many buildings which made up the hotel.The room consisted of a King size bed,wide screen TV,a very noisy fridge,microwave oven and coffee/tea making facility.Although there was an iron,there was no board,so I contacted the front desk and within 5 minutes a member of housekeeping appeared at my room door with a board.The En-Suite was compact with a plentiful supply of clean towels.
The Lobby is situated in another building and there is a couple of computers for guests to use.
Complimentary breakfast is available in yet another of the hotel buildings.My one major complaint would be the amount of loud noise from people and vehicles from the street outside and also from guests in the rooms above.No good at all if you happen to be a light sleeper.
I stayed for one night at the Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites and it was far too noisy for my liking,therefore,I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on an upper floor,it might just be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Matthew K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to be the best hotel we can be and your feedback is a great tool. I am sorry that it was noisy the night you stayed with us. I have never had this kind of complaint at this hotel, but will do an audit of the rooms with my Chief Engineer to see if we have any issues which can be remedied or improved. We know how important a good night's sleep is and we will make sure all is done to make that happen.

Thank you again for your comments.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Due to emergency circumstances, the cruise ship that my parents were on had to port in Cape Canaveral. My father was admitted to the hospital and my mother stayed at this hotel. Reina and Sharmaine went above and beyond to make my mother comfortable. Due to disability, they had breakfast delivered to her room as well as making sure that her room stay was extended as long as necessesary. They say that they treat you like family, and they stepped in for me and did just that! This hotel ROCKS! REINA and SHARMAINE rock! Thank you........

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Burlington, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We picked this hotel to stay in before a Disney cruise.
The photo shows one large building on the ocean that looks nice but we were in a small, 2-storey building (no elevator).
The room was clean enough but very dated. The pillows were odd and not comfortable.
The reservation did include breakfast and the food was absolutely fine. One of the women could tell I was looking for something and when I said I was just looking for peanut butter she was very sweet and brought me some from the kitchen. Every single thing they use at the breakfast is disposable though.
Overall it was fine for a night but I'd probably try and stay some place else next time.

Room Tip: Though we weren't in the main building (shown in the pictures) I would imagine it is better than...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Matthew K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with us!

I am so happy to hear about the added service that our breakfast attendant showed you. That is the guest first philosophy we insist on and it makes me happy when I see it in effect.

We just finished our renovations and every room we have now features all new interiors. I am sure your feeling about the room being "Dated" would be different next trip. Please try us again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's right next to the ocean, which was awesome, and within walking distance to some good restaurants and shopping. It was definitely a very basic room, although it did have a fridge. There was no tub, but that might be because it would be full of sand from people coming in off the beach! It was comfortable enough for a one night stay before boarding a cruise. It has a small pool, which we didn't use but looked very nice. You can hear people walking by your room, so it's not overly sound proof.

Room Tip: We were in 240 which faced the pool, away from the roads, which was good because there was a lot of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad you stayed with us! We love hosting cruise passengers and we are very popular because we are the closest beach front hotel to the port!

Although your room didn't feature a tub, many of our rooms do. We have a great mix of room styles to fit any traveler. Sometimes that is dictated by the room layout where we may choose to add an activity table and chair for the kids or a over sized desk for business traveler.

Yes, since we are right ON the beach, we do get sand in our rooms, but our crack housekeeping staff keeps us spic and span!

Thanks for you comments and please see us again!

Matt

Been to BEST WESTERN Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!