“Average beach hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Average beach hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had trouble with the air conditioning in our first room after waiting for the repair guy who said its working fine it was still 85 in the room. They finally moved us to a room with working AC. The rooms are decent but there are no balconies which is weird for a beach hotel. Its not up to Hilton standards, but its ok for a weekend at the beach. Great location for Cocoa Beach.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Debra G, General Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

The remarks we receive allow us the opportunity to assess our method of operation and make changes where necessary. Without your observations we would not know what areas need attention. I was happy to learn you were offered another guest room due to air conditioning issues.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again.

780 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Marathon, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I figured that the Hilton Oceanfront would be a great place to stay for my week long business trip, and I was almost right. The place is very clean and modern. Awesome pool deck and Tiki Bar leading out to the ocean. Priced decently. Shortcomings: No coffee in the lobby, unless you want to fork over $4.51 for an 6-ounce cup of watered down Starbucks. It's actually cheaper to walk out onto the deck and buy a beer than it is to get a cup of coffee. The food menu at the Tiki Bar is very limited. Not even wings are available. Only things like crab cakes and pizza. Did I mention that they charge you for parking? Oh, and if you want internet, be prepared to pay $9.95 per day per device. I'll be in Cocoa again next week, but not at the Hilton.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

I am sorry you felt the price of coffee was too costly, and that our tiki bar menu lacked variety. We certainly try to provide products and services that are affordable. I will share your dissatisfaction with the appropriate department director.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback. I hope you will reconsider and choose to stay with us again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Nice place, it's a Hilton afterall, but when I go to the beach I like a balcony to let in the nice ocean breezes. This place has no balconies or windows that open, which struck me as strange for an oceanfront hotel. Once again nice place, but whoever designed this hotel wasn't thinking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

I was happy to learn you enjoyed your visit with us. Hopefully, you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.
Brookhaven, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

we were married April 5, 2014 and stayed at the Hilton. We did not use the hilton for our wedding, we used an outside company and had the wedding on the beach at Lori Wilson Beach. That being said, we had questions as to where certain things were like the Nature Pavillion where we had our reception. The staff was wonderful explaining the easiest way for me to get their in my gown. When we got some of the food and drink for the reception, they were more than helpful to help us get the stuff to our room. We also meet a wonderful bartender at the outside bar named Cece. She always had a smile for us. We got there the Wednesday before the wedding and there was 10 of us. We got to know her and invited her to the wedding. What a wonderful surprise when i saw her taking pictures of me walking the sand. I hope the Hilton realizes what a truly wonderful bartender and person they have in her. We hope you treat her well. Thank you Cece and the wonderful staff at the Tiki Bar, you guys rocked.

We enjoyed everything about this place as well as cocoa beach. We decided we are coming back every five years for our anniversary.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
I appreciate your remarks regarding your recent visit and thank you for taking the time to share them with me.

The service you received reinforces the Hilton Brand Promise "to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected." Be assured we will continue to strive to show our guests how much we appreciate their patronage.

I look forward to have you share many anniversaries with us.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I travel often for work and this is my first stay at a Hilton property and can honestly say my experience was GREAT! From the minute I walked into the property and checked in with Lena, the front staff manager, to the housekeeping who helped me navigate to my room, to Jonnie and CC, the bartenders at the outside Tiki Bar...the experience was one I would definitely come back to.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your stay at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It is very important to us to receive feedback regarding our guests' experience.

Our team members play an essential role to our success. We truly value your patronage and we strive to make each and every guest feel special. Therefore, I was happy to learn the service you received exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to have you visit with us again in the future.
Treasure Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were disappointed on check-in that there were no balconies, but this hotel blew us away. You really felt like you were on vacation, and we were here for work! The front desk staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly.

The tiki bar staff, particularly Johnnie V (the Turtle) and CC were rockstars!!! They waited on us hand and foot and we had a wonderful time with them. Great personalities. The food was so amazing that we ate at the resort for every meal. We were informed the chef trained with Wolfgang Puck and we never doubted it. It is pricey for hotel food, but well worth it and eating out at the tiki? Who can beat the ambience!! Just amazing. Real kudos to Johnnie V - he is just fantastic. Great gym too, but we didn't use it enough. LOL.

Room Tip: None of the rooms have balconies but the views are great and the tiki is top notch!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your recent stay. I was happy to learn you enjoyed your visit and that you appreciated our newly renovated property.

The service you received from the Tiki Bar staff is an example of my staff living up to the Hilton Brand Promise. Be assured we will continue to strive to show our guests how much we appreciate their patronage.

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised with the new renovations. The tiki bar and pool deck along with the lobby were hugely improved from our last visit. The staff... especially a couple of people at the desk who gave out towels and rented beach chairs....were very welcoming and engaging. The only complaints would be the smokers on the deck around us while trying to enjoy lunch outside and no more gift shop for convenient last minute items. We'll definitely be back though!

Stayed April 2014

Our Tiki Bar has become quite a popular spot, and eventually pool deck entertainment will be provided. I will share your remarks regarding the friendliness of the beach concession staff.

Even though we had to endure growing pains during our renovations, many of our guests have expressed their satisfaction with the outcome. I hope you will have another opportunity to come back and enjoy our property again.

Been to Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!