We stayed for 2 nights the weekend of Sept. 21-22, 2013. Normally, we stay at Hampton Inns, but the one right in Cocoa Beach was completely booked for Saturday. We'd rate this Hilton hotel as "ok." They should revisit their business plan as far as their restaurant is concerned. Since they charge for breakfast (free at Hampton Inn), they did not get a lot of business from families that we saw. The layout of the restaurant is odd as well. Hilton, you need to offer free hot and cold breakfast for ALL your guests. Increase all room rates by a few dollars to cover the cost and you'll see a full restaurant in the mornings. Charging for lunch and dinner is appropriate. Same issue for Wi-Fi and Internet Access -- It should be free for ALL guests. We didn't use our notebook because of the extra charge (Wi-Fi and Internet access is almost always free at Hampton Inn). Charging for parking at this location needs to stop! ALL businesses that want guests to visit should stop charging to park vehicles to include hotels, theme parks, Kennedy Space Center ($10.00), football/baseball stadiums, etc. Nothing upsets folks more than paying to park. The outside pool/bar area at this Hilton was average. There was a lack of seating areas directly poolside. The bar had one small TV for viewing sports -- should be at least 3. $6.50 for a beer is gouging. Again, raise the room rate by a few dollars and charge a price where a person would consider having 2 or 3 drinks rather than one. The room was good. Our particular room, 550, shown a little wear – carpeting and bathroom could have used some updating – but overall, the room was clean. The one negative for us was the remote control! You've got to get rid of the cheap, small button ones for something that works without frustration. The best part of the hotel was the front desk & concierge staff. They represented your company with respect, courtesy and kindness.
On a side note, the new Atlantis Exhibit at the Kennedy Space Center is wonderful. If you are taking a cruise out of Cape Canaveral you should arrive a day or two early and visit the Kennedy Space Center. You only need the Visitor Complex ticket because that alone is a full day's visit. Look for Pepsi cans for BOGO's through the end of 2013. We saved $52 dollars with our can. Advice from a native of Florida: If you have a choice, Do NOT visit during the summer months. The heat and humidity will be painful! The best time to visit Florida is after October and before May.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Hotel
- Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Hilton Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Hilton Cocoa Beach
- Cocoa Beach Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Cocoa Beach is located 45 miles east of the Orlando International Airport, on the Atlantic Ocean. Just five minutes from the Port Canaveral cruise terminals, 20 minutes from the Kennedy Space Center Visitors’ Center and the Astronaut Hall of Fame, we are your “mission control” for vacationers and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.