“Great Hotel. Great Price!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Park, Stay & Go!
Ranked #15 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
“Great Hotel. Great Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked this hotel the night prior to our cruise. We drove down from Charlotte and were able to park our car for free. this was initially why we booked this particular hotel. We were very pleased with the friendliness of staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. Everything was very organized and timely when it came to the shuttle service. If we ever cruise out of Port Canaveral again, we will be sure to book this hotel for sure!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

805 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Stuttgart
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel three times for business travel. It is located right on the beach. As far as the Hilton standards goes, it does not meet what one would expect. The hotel needs serious renovations. All the high end rooms I stayed in had mold growing and the carpets were nasty. They never stock the soap and shampoos. You have to ask the reception every single day. If you want to have the ocean view, you have to pay the top price. First time, I booked a room which was categorized as the beach view. I could see the ugly buildings nearby and the awful rooftop air-conditioning units but the beach or the ocean. Some lower level rooms do not even have full windows. If you want any decent view, do not book any lower levels than 4th floor. More than once, I had to have the rooms re-cleaned. The sheets did not look clean and the bathroom appeared to be used. Their housekeeping sucks. They have a nice fully stocked bar at the premises. Actually, their bartender Gabriel knows how to prepare cocktails well. The food they serve in the restaurant seems to be the preprocessed kind. What they charge is too expensive for its kind. I will give them one more chance next week! If it fails, I will not go back there again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms above 4th floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
debra_green_CCBCH, Front Office Manager at Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We’re glad you chose to stay with us during your business travels and pleased to hear you enjoyed the gorgeous beach location. I regret to hear about your disappointing experience with our guestrooms. Cleanliness is a very important part of our daily operations and we’re currently working with our housekeeping staff to ensure proper protocols are met when servicing guest rooms. We’re also addressing the mold concerns and appreciate that you brought this to our attention. We are grateful for the nice compliments about our bartender, Gabriel and will be sure to thank him personally. Please contact me directly with the details of your next stay as I would like to ensure that we exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you and offering you the better Hilton service you know and deserve. Warm regards,
Dee Lopez
Front Office Manager
Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
dee.lopez@hilton.com
321-799-0003 ext. 7804
Eatonton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've stayed here several times. Great hotel, rooms, staff, location. Right on the beach. Only down side is there are no balconies and you have to pay for wifi and to use the business center. Would be a great place for a wedding. The restaurant is hot or cold buffet or you can order from a menu. Other amenites include an indoor and outdoor bar, a nice pool, large patio, and fitness center.

Room Tip: For ocean view, ask for rooms ending in 20 or less or rooms 52, 53, 54 or 55. Some rooms may overloo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Huntington, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had a nice corner room, which offered a nice ocean view with the floor to ceiling windows. We stayed for 3 nights. Unfortunately, we could not fully enjoy the beachfront location from our rooms, since we had no access to a balcony. It would have been so nice to be able to sit on the balcony after the kids went to bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The morning that I went down to get a cappucino, (my husband went the other two mornings, it was hard to get coffee in the morning, since there wasn't anyone at the hostess stand at the restaurant. I don't even think it was open, since it was totally empty. It was definitely during breakfast hours. The rooms were updated and clean. Beds were comfortable. The #1 redeeming feature of this hotel was the full service pool bar. We had many family members together throughout the day, as we were there for a family event, and many gathered out by the pool deck. We stayed out there all day. The service out there was great, for both lunch and the bar. It really added up by the end of the day, but it's just proof of how much $ we enjoyed the pool area. The pool, itself, was rather small and I didn't want to swim since it got kind of crowded. SMOKING was permitted so after a few drinks some of the other guest could get obnoxiously close to my children with their lit cigarettes. I would prefer that for such a small area, they would not permit smoking. The beach area was nice and we used the volleyball net. They also had beach rentals available right at the pool. The parking lot was big and I got the impression that many non-guests used it for access to the beach. It is not a place that I would stay if I didn't have a car, as there wasn't much to eat very close by.

Room Tip: Definitely request ocean front or ocean view. Corner view is good, but ours only had a small window...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Millville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I've stayed here on and off for over 13 years when my business takes me to Cape Canaveral. The staff is always very helpful, even shipping me home items that were received after my stay.

The location is great. I usually get an ocean front room, with a nice view. It is very convenient for work and the few times the family has joined me it was a great "home base" for them too.

The rooms are a good size and clean. The hotel could do with a bit of an update, but beach hotels always get a lot of abuse. It is still one of the best places I've stayed in Cocoa Beach.

This is my first choice hotel when visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2012
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We found the staff here very friendly. Room is spacious and clean. Only down side is none of the rooms have windows that open which is different than what the website shows. Hotel is central, free parking

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for my sister's wedding, they held a block of rooms for guests to reserve, I missed the reserve by date so I did not get the price that everyone else got, but we got here and talked to a very nice front desk woman and not only did she correct the price, she let us check in early so we could get ready in time! She was incredibly helpful and polite!! Later on we headed to the bar and had a few cocktails, our bartender Ami was GREAT!! Very attentive and so friendly, we had great conversation with her! She made us feel at home!! Would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed November 2012
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!