“Balcony please-otherwise, ok.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Huntington, West Virginia
“Balcony please-otherwise, ok.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had a nice corner room, which offered a nice ocean view with the floor to ceiling windows. We stayed for 3 nights. Unfortunately, we could not fully enjoy the beachfront location from our rooms, since we had no access to a balcony. It would have been so nice to be able to sit on the balcony after the kids went to bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. The morning that I went down to get a cappucino, (my husband went the other two mornings, it was hard to get coffee in the morning, since there wasn't anyone at the hostess stand at the restaurant. I don't even think it was open, since it was totally empty. It was definitely during breakfast hours. The rooms were updated and clean. Beds were comfortable. The #1 redeeming feature of this hotel was the full service pool bar. We had many family members together throughout the day, as we were there for a family event, and many gathered out by the pool deck. We stayed out there all day. The service out there was great, for both lunch and the bar. It really added up by the end of the day, but it's just proof of how much $ we enjoyed the pool area. The pool, itself, was rather small and I didn't want to swim since it got kind of crowded. SMOKING was permitted so after a few drinks some of the other guest could get obnoxiously close to my children with their lit cigarettes. I would prefer that for such a small area, they would not permit smoking. The beach area was nice and we used the volleyball net. They also had beach rentals available right at the pool. The parking lot was big and I got the impression that many non-guests used it for access to the beach. It is not a place that I would stay if I didn't have a car, as there wasn't much to eat very close by.

Room Tip: Definitely request ocean front or ocean view. Corner view is good, but ours only had a small window...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Millville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here on and off for over 13 years when my business takes me to Cape Canaveral. The staff is always very helpful, even shipping me home items that were received after my stay.

The location is great. I usually get an ocean front room, with a nice view. It is very convenient for work and the few times the family has joined me it was a great "home base" for them too.

The rooms are a good size and clean. The hotel could do with a bit of an update, but beach hotels always get a lot of abuse. It is still one of the best places I've stayed in Cocoa Beach.

This is my first choice hotel when visiting the area.

• Stayed November 2012
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We found the staff here very friendly. Room is spacious and clean. Only down side is none of the rooms have windows that open which is different than what the website shows. Hotel is central, free parking

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed here for my sister's wedding, they held a block of rooms for guests to reserve, I missed the reserve by date so I did not get the price that everyone else got, but we got here and talked to a very nice front desk woman and not only did she correct the price, she let us check in early so we could get ready in time! She was incredibly helpful and polite!! Later on we headed to the bar and had a few cocktails, our bartender Ami was GREAT!! Very attentive and so friendly, we had great conversation with her! She made us feel at home!! Would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed November 2012
Richmond, Va.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

First let me say that the property is nice place. Staff was courteous. Lounge and restaurant are what you would expect from a Hilton. Wife and I stayed there a Fri and Sat before leaving on a cruise Sun. The beach is a SHORT walk over the dunes. All in all pretty nice.

Now the problem. For years I have prepared a simple test when I am staying at a location several days. I place .90 cents on the counter in front of the T.V.....3 quarters a dime and a nickle. (We usually leave the housekeepers a Tip in an envelope at the end of our stays to show them our appreciation for making our stay comfortable.) I figure if the housekeeping staff steals this, don't leave "anything" laying around. Over the last decade I have had housekeeping gather up and put the change in an unused ashtray. I have had them stack it on a piece of paper in clear view. I have even had one put it in an envelope, put it in a drawer and leave me a note telling me where to find it.

As my wife and I were leaving our room Sat a.m. we bumped into the housekeeper and a supervisor outside our door. The supervisor greeted us very politely. When I looked at the other young lady she diverted her eyes. As I walked down the hall with my wife I remarked to her " I have a funny feeling about this one".

When we returned a few hours later, our room was clean and made up. The .90 cents was gone. (We always put security locks on our luggage so no concern there.) First time in twenty years. When we checked out we were asked how our stay was. I made mention of the "test" The young lady at the counter was very apologetic and offered a "refund". I explained it wasnt the $ but the principle. Petty? Maybe. As a Hilton Honors member you go to Hilton properties with certain expectations. This was just an unfortunate incident which will give me cause when looking for a hotel in Cocoa Beach next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great Hospitality. Excellent Ammenities. First Class Dining
Direct entry to Beach, Easy Walking Distance to other Attractions
Great on- site Parking
Staff extrememely Neat, Clean and attentive. and Well informed

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here night before cruise and had transport from hotel to Pier for very low fee with return trip for the same fee. You leave your car at the hotel so you save parking cost at the pier. I prefer to drive the day before so I don't have to rush. I ate at the restaurant in the hotel and had great meal and service. The room was spacious and well appointed with a large flat screen TV and sofa in the room which is a big plus.

Room Tip: Did not notice until the morning the room was right on the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!