“Clean, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Vancouver BC
“Clean, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

We found the staff here very friendly. Room is spacious and clean. Only down side is none of the rooms have windows that open which is different than what the website shows. Hotel is central, free parking

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for my sister's wedding, they held a block of rooms for guests to reserve, I missed the reserve by date so I did not get the price that everyone else got, but we got here and talked to a very nice front desk woman and not only did she correct the price, she let us check in early so we could get ready in time! She was incredibly helpful and polite!! Later on we headed to the bar and had a few cocktails, our bartender Ami was GREAT!! Very attentive and so friendly, we had great conversation with her! She made us feel at home!! Would definately recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

• Stayed November 2012
Richmond, Va.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

First let me say that the property is nice place. Staff was courteous. Lounge and restaurant are what you would expect from a Hilton. Wife and I stayed there a Fri and Sat before leaving on a cruise Sun. The beach is a SHORT walk over the dunes. All in all pretty nice.

Now the problem. For years I have prepared a simple test when I am staying at a location several days. I place .90 cents on the counter in front of the T.V.....3 quarters a dime and a nickle. (We usually leave the housekeepers a Tip in an envelope at the end of our stays to show them our appreciation for making our stay comfortable.) I figure if the housekeeping staff steals this, don't leave "anything" laying around. Over the last decade I have had housekeeping gather up and put the change in an unused ashtray. I have had them stack it on a piece of paper in clear view. I have even had one put it in an envelope, put it in a drawer and leave me a note telling me where to find it.

As my wife and I were leaving our room Sat a.m. we bumped into the housekeeper and a supervisor outside our door. The supervisor greeted us very politely. When I looked at the other young lady she diverted her eyes. As I walked down the hall with my wife I remarked to her " I have a funny feeling about this one".

When we returned a few hours later, our room was clean and made up. The .90 cents was gone. (We always put security locks on our luggage so no concern there.) First time in twenty years. When we checked out we were asked how our stay was. I made mention of the "test" The young lady at the counter was very apologetic and offered a "refund". I explained it wasnt the $ but the principle. Petty? Maybe. As a Hilton Honors member you go to Hilton properties with certain expectations. This was just an unfortunate incident which will give me cause when looking for a hotel in Cocoa Beach next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gloucester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great Hospitality. Excellent Ammenities. First Class Dining
Direct entry to Beach, Easy Walking Distance to other Attractions
Great on- site Parking
Staff extrememely Neat, Clean and attentive. and Well informed

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here night before cruise and had transport from hotel to Pier for very low fee with return trip for the same fee. You leave your car at the hotel so you save parking cost at the pier. I prefer to drive the day before so I don't have to rush. I ate at the restaurant in the hotel and had great meal and service. The room was spacious and well appointed with a large flat screen TV and sofa in the room which is a big plus.

Room Tip: Did not notice until the morning the room was right on the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Booked one night at this hotel recently and as a HHonors Diamond member, got an upgrade to an oceanfront room on arrival. My wife and I were blown away by the large windows with the most beautiful panoramic views of the ocean and beach. The room was clean and tasteful, but the bathroom was on the small side, which was not a big deal and very common for the age of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is in a great location for visiting Cocoa Beach and seeing the sites. The prices at this time of year were very reasonable too. Great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Spent a few days in this lovely, clean hotel.Right on the beach which was just miles of sandy empty beach. would definitely stay here again.. staff all friendly and made our stay very enjoyable..
The food was good, although we did go to some of the local restaurants as well which were all close by.. The hotel was easy to find and a great location for our holiday..

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!