“Made our visit to Kennedy Space Center Even More Enjoyable!...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
NY
“Made our visit to Kennedy Space Center Even More Enjoyable!...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed here while visiting the nearby Kennedy Space Center Complex (about a 20-25 min. drive)

The hotel staff upon our check-in was friendly and attentive, and quickly checked us in. We were given our room key and were told to park on the upper floor of the stacked parking lot outdoors. After parking and gathering our luggage, we found that we had to enter the doors to the hotel and bump down about 10 steps with the luggage to get to the door that led to the cooridor where our room was located. This was a minor inconvenience to us, since we are fairly young with a 9 year old and a 12 year old who can carry their own luggage -- but I would be upset if we had a stroller with a young child in it and came up to this same situation -- Or, if it was my parents (considerably older) and they had to carry and bump their luggage down stairs.

The room was beautiful... large... clean... decorated in a surfing theme... and the beds were very comfortable. The air conditioning was working well in the room and the bathroom was clean, as was the sink and counter area outside the toilet/shower room. There was a large closet, and a large desk/work area suitable for computer work and the like. We had a mini-refrigerator and a microwave as well.

The surf shop that is attached to the hotel lobby is really nice to browse around, and there are other shops located within steps from the main lobby as well. The huge round fish tank situated in-between the surf shop and the restaurant was really pleasant to watch as we dined in the attached reatuarant. The food was tasty, staff was wonderful and friendly at the restaurant and the prices were very reasonable (Thanks Kelly -- you were very pleasant) We also enjoyed going to the RonJons Surf shop located next door (open 24 hours). My 9 year old son wanted to buy a souvenir from Kennedy Space Center and I asked him to sleep on his decision (it was $40). He was glad he listened to me, since the RonJon shop next door had the exact same Shuttle toy for $15 less than at the Space Center. He also had a coupon that we picked up for 10% off - so he was doubly as happy.

I would DEFINITELY stay here again if we visit the area again. We also noticed that the hotel was near to the area where the cruise ships depart (something to keep in mind for the future) -- it would be a nice place to stay if a hotel was needed prior to boarding the ship.

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Huntington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

Great location on Cocoa Beach, shares the building with a surf shop. We had three rooms for our party of 13, but the hotel put all of us on different floors because we got there 20 minutes before check-in time.

The hotel's website left out the fact that we needed to make another reservation for the shuttle to the cruise ship. When I pointed out that their website said nothing about reserving a shuttle, I was told that "I" need to go under their "special offers" page to see the requirements.

Yes, I would stay there again, it's a nice hotel with a great location.

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Where to begin...
The pool which is really important to the kids when tired of ocean was on the bottom floor of parking deck with the worst ring of scum I've ever seen in a hotel pool or any pool I would use. The outdoor fountain was cleaner.
The bed was comfortable in spite of the used bandaid on the floor when we entered room or the streaks on the bathroom wall with bits of dried on food that looked like old vomit not cleaned up
Little bugs came out and crawled around the ceiling and our toiletries
I am extremely disappointed

• Liked — bed and close to beach
  • Disliked — dirty dirty dirty
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
St. Petersburg, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

We spent one night at the Cocoa Beach Four Points, and it was a great experience. Our room was huge and included a fridge, microwave, and separate living area. It was also very clean and felt fresh and new--something you don't always see in beach hotels. Although it's not technically on the water, it's only a block's walk from a beautiful beach, and parking is free. Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2008
Savannah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

I am having a hard time deciding if this hotel deserves a 4or 5. We checked in with absolutely no problems and our room was immaculate. The front desk staff was one of the friendliest we've encoutered. The kids LOVED the hotel and I LOVED the starbucks. Our dog was more than welcome and was allowed in the stores and in starbucks. The pool left allot to be desired, but the kids loved it. Please be aware that there is a small homeless community in the area that seemed to stick close to the public beach that is near the hotel. No one ever bothered us, but just be aware. The area around the hotel leaves a little to be desired. All in all we had a good time and would likely return to a four points by Sheraton, but maybe not to Cocoa Beach. It had a bit of a tired feeling about it. There is very little in the way of family entertainment. Traxx was just sad! Don't even go. Our best time was Fin expeditions. We would return to the area just for this!! Again, a great hotel in a not so great spot.

• Liked — The starbucks! :)
  • Disliked — The area Cocoa Beach has lost ot's luster!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lake mary fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

I had a reservation for the Sheraton in cocoa beach, I made the reservation online and then called to confirm with reservations. This was for Sat the 21st of June. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that I do not have a reservation. I told the girl, I have a confirmation and she looked it up and stated... That’s weird you have a reservation for Sat June 21st 2009. This date does not exist. I was then informed that this was an error with reservations and has nothing to do with them at the hotel. I called reservation and gave my confirmation # and then confirmed that I had a reservation for that night. I told them what the hotel said and they told me wait this is for sat the 21 2009, that’s weird. They transferred me to corporate resolutions and the woman there told me that I made the reservation on line and if I was not smart enough to look at the date than that’s my own fault not theirs and they aren’t going to help me. This hotel overall has the rudest people working and should all be fired !!! I work for Hilton hotels and we never treat our customers the way you people do. We value our guests. I had purchased a weekend getaway for my anniversary and you ruined it, I will never stay at any property owned by a company that condones this type of treatment to their guests. I ended up having to stay at a motel 6 which is by far not the accommodations that I wanted but at least they treated me like a guest and not common trash. This company disgusts me to no end and I will spread the word so others don’t have their plans ruined but an uncaring company.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — everyone that works there
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Port Saint Luice, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

Simply Immaculate. This was a return trip from a previous reservation which we had to leave the hotel immediately after check-in due to a sick child. They were gracious enough to refund that reservation, despite Sheraton's online policy. That enough made us want to give them another look. We booked a single room with a king and it was as clean as can be. Bed was comfortable, big shower with enough towels. The decor of the room is of the Surf shop and is very relaxing. Food in the restaurant was stellar and we recommend the hand tossed pizza. above and beyond expectations. Staff was beyond accomodating. Will recommend to anyone.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — Inside window
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!