“Convenient over Christmas” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“Convenient over Christmas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed over Christmas and had great service at Shark Pit downstairs (even sat in front of big tank) for breakfast. There are several stores and restaurants in walking distance (McDonalds, CVS, Walgreens across the street and Starbucks downstairs). Try the fro yo place!
The attached parking garage was very convenient, especially when you can park on the same floor as your room. The room on the third floor where we stayed had a neat view of the surf shop.
This is kind of random, but they have a decent hair dryer (opposed to one of the dinky ones attached to the wall).
I would definitely stay here again when I'm in town!!

• Stayed December 2012

612 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Grasonville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have stayed here both in June and December and it is pretty good. Convent parking close to the shops and mostly clean rooms. My gripes are the shower is such a low flowing head it is ridiculous and it is mounted very low. My room in Dec also had a broken toilet seat. I guess I should give them a 3 but the location and staff put them over for me. The Shark Pit is also very good for a hotel bar. I will more than likely stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor exits to parking
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

A perfect stay before our cruise - once I started reading about all there is to do, I booked an additional two days to play on Cocoa Beach. This hotel is 2 blocks from the beach with free fresh beach towels every day. Beach rental equipment including umbrellas, chairs, body boards, and surf boards are available by the day or in packages starting at 3 days. Surf lessons were fantastic and I HIGHLY recommend. My 13 year old was up in 20 minutes and the instructor even showed my little ones how to perfect body surfing on the body board at no extra charge. Grocery store across the street with many fast food restaurants within walking distance. Starbucks on sight. The location of the pool is as bad as all the reviewers say but let's be real, it's not critical as you're here to play on the beach. We used the pool once for a quick dip and hot tub relaxing after a long day in the sand and it was fine for that purpose. Staff was fantastic. Hotel offers a round trip shuttle to Port Canaveral where you can leave your car parked in the covered hotel garage for a great rate while cruising. My Texas Rangers magnets were stolen off my vehicle while we were gone but I'm hoping they went to fans although I doubt it. We bought lots of souvenirs from the surf shop. Good prices. The view from some rooms to the surf shop is a little strange but we were lucky and got an outside window in our room. Cannot rave about this hotel enough. We had an absolute blast and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for outside room to avoid a view of the surf shop. Can exchange "green" $5 daily room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have traveled to many places at many different times of the year and nothing surpasses this trip. My family stayed here last week on our Christmas Vacation. We decided to stay here since it was close to the port for our cruise. The staff was excellent and the resources was outstanding. The surf shop inside the hotel was filled with everything you would ever need to surf or even visit the beach with. There is a Starbucks located inside as well. The hotel is located walking distance from many stores and restaurants. I loved this hotel and will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Junior Suite. We have 5 people and it slept us all!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I gotta say the hotel is a GREAT value 95 bucks for 2 queens and a hideabed.the restaurant bar has great food and great service. If you care to go somewhere call the 888 cab they are great. Not so much from the airport but great to bring you around town. It was a little chilly last night and a couple mile ride to beef obradys was 5 bucks for the 4 of us. I have him a 20 and he waited for us. We pre paid for a 1130 shuttle and were told to be done by 11. We were. The shuttle just got here 1152. When I asked the girl in the four points where the were at 1140 she made a call. The first on no one answered. Then she got someone that said "soon". What soon? We had people wiring for us at port! "Sir they just said soon". Not they're on there way just "soon". Come on can you pretend to care? Then the shuttle is a Raddisson shuttle.....I should have taken a cab for the 24 bucks I paid. But overall I'd reccamemd staying there prior to a sailing for the overall value but I'm not sold on the service I guess the BOcean in ft lauderdale has us spoiled on our pre cruise experiences.

• Stayed December 2012
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

decent location (approx 10 minutes from the cruise terminal), good customer service and a clean room. There is a starbucks downstairs, Mcdonald's and a grocery store across the street...along with several other small eateries and beach locations. Hotel is walking distance to the beach and offers towels and bottled waters.

FYI, budget car rental in port canaveral offers a free shuttle service to and from the port terminal

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had booked a room for a client of ours and Carla, one of the hotel representatives was great through out the process. She answered all our questions, helped me with making any required changes. I could hear the smile on her face any time I called. All the staff have been great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!