“Great Location, Room Was Okay” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Cocoa Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5500 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Denver, Colorado
“Great Location, Room Was Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I loved the location, it was within walking distant to the pier with a nice beach, a few restaurants and bars. We had a memorable evening there, but when we walked home that evening, the area was very dark and a little creepy. The room seemed very clean but I was knocked over with the smell of industrial strength cleaning products when I walked in. There was an attempt to modernize the room with a nice shower curtains, bed spreads and pictures, but they weren't able to cover up the overly painted, yellow glossy walls and old tile. We had a balcony that was filthy and needed a good hosing down as well as the rest of the building, stairwells, etc. I didn't care for the desk staff at all, I observed them waiting on the people in front of us and I thought maybe if I were really nice to them they would be nicer to me....that didn't help at all. Our room wasn't ready and I asked when would be a good time to come back I was told, "whenever." I saw the breakfast when I got coffee and it looked pretty good although I didn't have time to try it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Through Hotels.com we got a good deal. Nothing fancy, but excellent location right across from the pier, very clean, free breakfast including scrambled eggs and sausage, free newspaper; convenient to supermarket and many restaurants. Motel with free parking and good wi-fi internet in every room. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: The best rooms are across the street from the lobby, on the upper floor with balconies facing the pi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon before going on a 4 day cruise to the Bahama's. This Days Inn is absolutely wonderful. The front desk staff were very kind as were the room service staff. The hotel was clean and neat and literally a block from Cocoa Beach and the pier. The nights we stayed there was a big fair going on across the street, so there was some noise, but that wasn't at all Days Inn's fault and honestly it didn't bother us at all!

The location was unreal. We were steps away from Cocoa Beach, within walking distance to Ron Jon's Surf Shop and right next door was Boston Beef & Seafood where you got a discount with your room key. So many restaurants within minutes as well as shopping and entertainment.

The absolute highlight of our stay was the scheduled last day: Our cruise was affected by Superstorm Sandy and got cut short by one day. In a panic, we rushed back to the lobby after checking out to see if we could get our room back for one more night. It was no problem whatsoever and went completely smooth. I paid for the extra night and back to the room we went. The front desk person on Monday morning was also nice enough to set up the shuttle to come and pick us up and take us to Port Canaveral that morning as well.

All of that on top of the complimentary breakfast each morning and the fact that it was on such a budget made this a wonderful experience. Thank you SO much to everyone at Days Inn Cocoa Beach for making our stay a great one!

Room Tip: Try to snag a room on the eastern side of the building. It's even CLOSER to the beach and less...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ENGLEWOOD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location near the Cocoa Beach Pier. Room was clean except the floor. I liked havein all tile floors for sanitary reasons, but noticed my feet were black after walking on the floors. Maybe a different cleaning solution would do a better job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Cocoa Beach

Address: 5500 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Location: United States > Florida > Cocoa Beach
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Cocoa Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Cocoa Beach 2*
The Days Inn Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach is conveniently located right next to the Cocoa Beach Pier and just a short walk one block from the beach. Going on a cruise? The Days Inn offers cruise and park specials and is located only three miles from your ship! We offer clean affordable accommodations with a free hot breakfast and free WiFi. We also offer efficiency rooms which have full kitchens available if you want to stay long term or just save your dining dollars and enjoy meals in the comfort of your room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Cocoa Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.