“Pre and post cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
Days Inn Cocoa Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5500 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon before going on a 4 day cruise to the Bahama's. This Days Inn is absolutely wonderful. The front desk staff were very kind as were the room service staff. The hotel was clean and neat and literally a block from Cocoa Beach and the pier. The nights we stayed there was a big fair going on across the street, so there was some noise, but that wasn't at all Days Inn's fault and honestly it didn't bother us at all!

The location was unreal. We were steps away from Cocoa Beach, within walking distance to Ron Jon's Surf Shop and right next door was Boston Beef & Seafood where you got a discount with your room key. So many restaurants within minutes as well as shopping and entertainment.

The absolute highlight of our stay was the scheduled last day: Our cruise was affected by Superstorm Sandy and got cut short by one day. In a panic, we rushed back to the lobby after checking out to see if we could get our room back for one more night. It was no problem whatsoever and went completely smooth. I paid for the extra night and back to the room we went. The front desk person on Monday morning was also nice enough to set up the shuttle to come and pick us up and take us to Port Canaveral that morning as well.

All of that on top of the complimentary breakfast each morning and the fact that it was on such a budget made this a wonderful experience. Thank you SO much to everyone at Days Inn Cocoa Beach for making our stay a great one!

Room Tip: Try to snag a room on the eastern side of the building. It's even CLOSER to the beach and less...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ENGLEWOOD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location near the Cocoa Beach Pier. Room was clean except the floor. I liked havein all tile floors for sanitary reasons, but noticed my feet were black after walking on the floors. Maybe a different cleaning solution would do a better job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked online weeks earlier for pre-cruise.
Upon arrival, room wasn't ready. So I went across street to store and came back. Room was finally ready.
Upon entering- the A/C wasn't working well, but LOUD. There is a smaller dehumidifier making even more noise.
Internet- no signal in my room. But if I take pc down hall- works fine. My room is out of signal range.

After complaining (but horrible weather outside so let it go til next morning) they sent people to fix it.
Next morning, internet still not working in my room and went, in person, to front desk to inquire about signal strength and changing rooms (since those checking in wouldn't be there for a few hours- they could swap me with another room closer to routers)

They sent maintenance, again. They again acknowledged no signal in my room....they said they'd be back...

Got lunch and upon return- no internet still.

By this time- hurricane really starting to cripple things here. Got word that cruise lines not bringing in ships so all cruises postponed a day- to extend hotel by one day.

Called front desk and lady said I could not extend as they were already booked.
I asked to swap rooms since I have no internet (got to get online and make reservations elsewhere). The request was denied saying there was no availablity.... yet I asked hours earlier before checkin....

Started calling the old fashioned way with phone book- all hotels booked up due to hurricane.

Days Inn/Wyndham really made me feel stranded.

So if you book- check your internet BEFORE you accept the room.

Room Tip: Check internet connection before accepting room (if you really are relying on it)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Matthew K, General Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We rarely have any internet issue and feel horrible that on your stay you experienced this. I am immediately alerting my team to conduct a test of all routers to make sure we address any hardware issues that affect this.

As far as not being able to extend you, this is alway so hard. Every guest that arrives is entiteld to have their reservation honored. The guest coming in after you would feel that they should have their room, as I am sure you expected your room to be waiting for you when you arrived. Although there sometimes, as in your case, a legitimate need to extend a stay it can only be done when the room is available. That is a difficult challenge and I am sorry it made you feel stranded. We just have to honor reservations that are already on the book.

Been to Days Inn Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Cocoa Beach

Address: 5500 N Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Location: United States > Florida > Cocoa Beach
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 On the Beach Hotel in Cocoa Beach
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Cocoa Beach 2*
The Days Inn Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach is conveniently located right next to the Cocoa Beach Pier and just a short walk one block from the beach. Going on a cruise? The Days Inn offers cruise and park specials and is located only three miles from your ship! We offer clean affordable accommodations with a free hot breakfast and free WiFi. We also offer efficiency rooms which have full kitchens available if you want to stay long term or just save your dining dollars and enjoy meals in the comfort of your room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Cocoa Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.