“Very enjoyable stay and experiance” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #19 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach

429 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
ENGLEWOOD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location near the Cocoa Beach Pier. Room was clean except the floor. I liked havein all tile floors for sanitary reasons, but noticed my feet were black after walking on the floors. Maybe a different cleaning solution would do a better job.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked online weeks earlier for pre-cruise.
Upon arrival, room wasn't ready. So I went across street to store and came back. Room was finally ready.
Upon entering- the A/C wasn't working well, but LOUD. There is a smaller dehumidifier making even more noise.
Internet- no signal in my room. But if I take pc down hall- works fine. My room is out of signal range.

After complaining (but horrible weather outside so let it go til next morning) they sent people to fix it.
Next morning, internet still not working in my room and went, in person, to front desk to inquire about signal strength and changing rooms (since those checking in wouldn't be there for a few hours- they could swap me with another room closer to routers)

They sent maintenance, again. They again acknowledged no signal in my room....they said they'd be back...

Got lunch and upon return- no internet still.

By this time- hurricane really starting to cripple things here. Got word that cruise lines not bringing in ships so all cruises postponed a day- to extend hotel by one day.

Called front desk and lady said I could not extend as they were already booked.
I asked to swap rooms since I have no internet (got to get online and make reservations elsewhere). The request was denied saying there was no availablity.... yet I asked hours earlier before checkin....

Started calling the old fashioned way with phone book- all hotels booked up due to hurricane.

Days Inn/Wyndham really made me feel stranded.

So if you book- check your internet BEFORE you accept the room.

Room Tip: Check internet connection before accepting room (if you really are relying on it)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Matthew K, General Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We rarely have any internet issue and feel horrible that on your stay you experienced this. I am immediately alerting my team to conduct a test of all routers to make sure we address any hardware issues that affect this.

As far as not being able to extend you, this is alway so hard. Every guest that arrives is entiteld to have their reservation honored. The guest coming in after you would feel that they should have their room, as I am sure you expected your room to be waiting for you when you arrived. Although there sometimes, as in your case, a legitimate need to extend a stay it can only be done when the room is available. That is a difficult challenge and I am sorry it made you feel stranded. We just have to honor reservations that are already on the book.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is ideally placed right next to Cocoa Beach Pier. Breakfast is included in the price and the rooms are serviced daily. My room was clean, we'll presented and maintained to a good standard - no sign of bugs or insects in the room. A fridge, microwave and coffee machine are in the room for your convenience, I only used the fridge as there are plenty of restaurants and take-always in close proximity to the hotel.
The reception is manned 24hrs and the staff (inc room service) were courteous at all times.

Room Tip: Only one guy had to move room as his room didn't meet the standard of all the other rooms but wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
CHARLES CITY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was stranded t the Richmond Virginia airport (no fault of mine). I contacted the hotel to let them know that my flight was delayed and that my shuttle I had booked was not running that late. I ask for my reservation to be moved to the days inn at orlando airport since I would not be arriving until after 1:00am and they would not do that for me since I had prepaid. I would think that those customers are the ones you would look out for.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your comments. They are very important for our success and we take them seriously. I hope to clarify why we couldn't do this for you, as you can imagine we want you to be happy! :-)

Days Inn is a fanchise and are all independently owned and operated. They are truly all seperate businesses licensing the Days Inn brand and systems to sell hotel rooms. Because there is no cross connection of business/banking/money it is impossible for us to transfer your prepaid money to another Days Inn business. It's just not even mechanically possible. So we are really sorry tha was the case with your reservation. We would rather have done it and made you happy then have you feel disppointed.
cmhodges
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here for two nights after our cruise. On the first morning we got a call around 8 in the morning from a man claiming to be from the front desk. He appologized for calling so early but wanted to let me know that there was a power surge the night before and billing information got lost during the surge and that I would need to provide my information again to clear up lost data. We were on our way down for breakfast so I told the man that we would be down soon. I grabbed my paid in full reciept and took it to the front desk. Talked to the woman there and was told that the call must have been a scam and took my room number and called the manager to have our phone traced.

Later on in the day asked another employee what had been found out - she informed me this was an ongoing scam NOT THE FIRST TIME and we were not informed when we checked in.

Room Tip: Do NOT give ANY INFORMATION over the phone if someone calls your room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!