“Really glad we stayed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Landing Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cocoa Beach
Pelican Landing Resort
You added Pelican Landing Resort to your Saves list
1201 S Atlantic Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Central Illinois
“Really glad we stayed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Worked with Shelly to book our stay here. Stayed in Unit #4 with 2 kids. This property is NOT for those looking to stay "inside" the entire vacation. It has all of the necessary amenities that met our needs and the location could not be beat. The property is literally steps away from the sand and away from the sometimes crowded pier. My husband was hesitant about staying here since he surfs and has always surfed at the pier. However, not only were the waves decent, we met local surfers and kite surfers that were nice and didn't mind sharing their break. We enjoyed some of the unexpected "extras". We were allowed FREE use of beach chairs and beach toys. Some of the boogie boards were a little abused, but the beach chairs were a welcome extra and my daughter and I took advantage of using them. They also have a great patio area with tables, hammocks, and bar height chairs that we used every AM to watch the sunrise with a cup of coffee. Why didn't I give it 5 stars? There was a little hole in the bathroom door and housekeeping only came 2X per week. Other than that, would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All of the unit doors face north, so they only have 2 units that are actually beachfront.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Shelley, the manager for this complex is beyond marvelous. Her boss, the owner, and her are some of the most patriotic Americans I have had the pleasure of fighting for. They truly go out of there way in pricing and accommodations for veterans their families. God Bless Them!

We rented unit #7, the second one closest to the beach on the 2nd floor. My inlaws stayed down the street for 3x the price and they spent most of their vacation bumming at our place! What can I say... you can NOT beat the location. Right on the beach. All the locals come to here to surf.

The room was impeccable. It had a full kitchen with king bed and full bath. Grill was available every night, movies, books, and beach equipment. There area is perfect. Its far enough from the main downtown area of Cocoa Beach to stay quite without much traffic but also not even 3 minutes away from restaurants, liquor, and nightlife.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER stayed at a place that I have gotten this much for my hard earned dollar!

Give them a try and I promise you won't be disappointed. My family and I are repeat customers this year we love this place so much. I feel even half bad letting people know just how good it is, but Shelley and her boss do a great job for us and deserve the recognition!!!

God Bless,

The Cobanes

Room Tip: As close to the beach as possible... views are amazing from all units!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fenwick Island, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Again, these bad reviews of this property aren't fair.

What it is is a very old property built smack-dab ocean front. We've now stayed twice, highly reccomended it to our outdoor-active friends, and plan to stay again in 2012.

The property is remotely managed (there is no front desk or personnel on property) and I have to believe any cleanlyness issues were only a matter of logistics and timing. The phone number provided was always answered and any and all of our needs were promptly addressed.

If you want to have an active outdoor/ocean vacation, and have no appreciation for a mint on your pillow, this is the place to spend your dollars economically. You cannot be any closer to the ocean without getting wet. There are issues that ANY 50 year-old ocean front property will suffer from. But our units have always been clean and the appliances function. Since we spend our time in the ocean or on the beach we have never had a complaint.

My wife relaxed in the hammocks or on the deck while my son and I surfed and fished steps away from our unit. We have wonderful times at Pelican Landing.

Room Tip: Active people should book a ground floor, the view is better on the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cocoa Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We are currently staying at the Pelican Landing Resort and I was shocked when I got here. The room was filthy. Crumbs on the table, hair on the stove and dead bugs (I think roaches) on the floor. It would have a gorgeous view if you could see through the layer of filth on the windows. I contacted the lady about the conditions and have not heard back from her 2 days later. The only good thing about this place is that it is on the ocean. It is definitely not worth the money you pay. Spend your money elsewhere!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fenwick Island, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We just returned from a two week stay at Pelican Landing Resort and we LOVED it. I went with my teenage son on a father/son surf trip to warm water. Yes, it's an older property, but so old it's "retro" and took me back to fond memories of childhood stays in beach apartments and cottages. The beach and the ocean are the main attraction. If you don't like getting salty and sandy, you likely won't like staying at Pelican Landing. We went to surf, fish and ride beach cruisers down the beach and loved our stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cocoa Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

No Wi-fi as promised, was told "it just happened", other guests who have stayed there before said it has been that way for years. Back door had duct tape, rust, could hardly open, bathroom door was coming apart at the bottom, hard to open if you closed it. Windows that had to be held up with a stick, divider curtains gone, bed hard as the floor. The room we were in was not like any of the ones on their website, only the layout was the same. I tried to get credit for not being able to use the internet and they offered a discount on my next stay, like that was going to happen again - NO WAY.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Baltimore MD USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

My family and I stayed at this hotel during the first week of July of 2006. This 2 story motel offered a one bedroom efficiency apartment right on the beach. Our room was clean and bright with a double bed, cable TV, full kitchen, microwave, full size refrigerator, sleeper sofa, and a gas grill right outside the door. The grill is shared with your neighbor next door. Unlike other independent ocean front motels, there was actually carpeting on the floors. A coin operated washer and dryer can be found in the office.

The facilty is somewhat older, probably dating to the 1950s or 60s. The place is located in a quiet section of town, quite a distance from RonJon and the pier. It's actually closer to Satellite Beach .

The owner was pleasant to talk to. She keeps beach chairs, boogie boards and sand toys for free use by the guests. In addition, she keeps a nice little library in the office for beach side reading.

While we were there, we witnessed the launch of space shuttle Discovery. As we stood on the observation deck, we heard a rumble that sounded like a low flying jet. Approaching from the northwest, the shuttle seemed to fly right over our heads. We tracked her with binoculars until the solid rockets seperated and we could see her no more. The rocket exhaust was a brilliant orange. What a thrill!

• Liked — Peaceful and quiet! Customer service was excellent. Beautiful beach. Space Shuttle!
  • Disliked — A little too far from downtown. Not much storage space in room.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Pelican Landing Resort? Share your experiences!