“The location is great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Melbourne, Florida
“The location is great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We live locally and had been looking forward to the opportunity to try the clothing optional establishment. We were very disappointed, the cliental was very low rent. Our room was very dated. Smelled very musty, and burn holes in the blanket on the bed. Even though the rooms are "no smoking". The pool is small but nice, suppose to be heated but the heater was broken during our stay. Tiki bar is small, but enjoyable. The room rates advertised on the marque, were not the rates we paid. We paid more. If you have a large vehicle the parking can be a challenge when the hotel is full. The location is great, there are several places to eat, and the beach is just a 3 min walk. We will not return, not even for the day pass. Would rather go to the nude beach, or a topless resort.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We recently stayed at the Fawlty towers Motel and were pleasantly surprised. A small quaint motel surrounding a swimming pool with lush tropical foliage. Extremely calming. Clothing optional was a plus. Very nice Tiki Bar serving beer and wine. The staff was very accommodating and personable. Bringing our dog was another Huge Plus. The rooms were very nice and clean. The area was walking distance to the beach and MANY restaurants. Would definitely come again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Westward Ho, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at Fawlty Towers recently whilst visiting relatives in florida, As a gay couple my partner and I were very skeptical, but the staff and owners , terri & paul, were very welcoming and very friendly.. they gave us some great advise on the best way to get where we were going and the best places to eat and visit, terri even provided us with plenty of discount vouchers for our stay!! We found our room to be fine, with 2 large double beds, a tv , fridge and air con, and the maids came in every day and kept it nice and fresh and tidy!! and it was a fairly qiuet resort with very little noise at night.. the whole place has a very homely feel to it, not corporate like some hotels, and i found nothing was too much trouble for the staff you only had to ask! We were even given a plentiful supply of clean towels for our stay!! this motel was nothing like its namesake,, its a true jewel in cocoa beach,s crown!!! cant wait for our return next year!!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have visited Fawlty Towers Motel several times in the past and been welcomed every time by courteous & polite staff, each time the staff have rememeberd me when booking, this was my first time there as a naturist resort and it was fantastic.
The pool is heated wiith a Tiki bar next to it, serving beers & wine, with free Tea & Coffee in the mornings, and the premises are secluded & secure, outside perimiter has security Cameras covering the car parks, There is someone is on duty 24hrs.
The rooms are spacious and well maintained, the rooms are cleaned daily, bed linen & towles also changed daily. There is a consiege book in the room with information about the motel & local ameinaties. If you have any questions the staff are allways happy to help.
The local resturants will deliver to your room. There is a bus stop just over the road from the hotel, with a regular service which will take you in all directions and is good value for money.
I cannot complain about my stay there and will certainly book again for that 'Old Florida Charm' holiday as it is great value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Orange City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed there several times since they have opened as a clothing optional resort,
everyone was friendly and helpful, the Tiki Hut Bar was cozy, nice atmosphere!, music
playing, as well as food goes, there are several great restaurants nearby, 1 great
local restaurant that delivers to the hotel is called the Sandbar, I ordered from them
and the food was delivered with 45 minutes, food was excellant. the room was clean
and bed is comfortable. having a firdge and a microwave was convenient,

I will certainly go back, as a matter of fact I will be staying there this weekend (12/15)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am currently having the time of my life, arrived at the beginning of November, the rooms are very clean and the biggest bed I have ever slept in, the staff couldn't be more friendly, I have met people from all walks of life, you don't need to drive anywhere as the beach is 2-3 min walk away, restaurants are everywhere, everything is on your doorstep. The transport system is great, central bus hub is right outside the door for North, East, South & West, what more can you ask for.

I was skeptical at first as this is the only time I have been to a naturist resort, but once here, I have let all my Inhibitions go out the window. overall I would thoroughly recommend Fawlty Towers Motel to all my friends and family and will certainly come back again.

Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were in the area, staying at a different hotel, and we visited Fawlty Towers for a day-visit. The charge was $30 for the two of us. The pool is small ~ about the size of an average back-yard pool. They do have lots of chairs around the pool, but in the afternoon, there was just one small area that received sun. The water was a pleasant temperature for November.

There is a Tiki Bar there that looks like a fun place to gather, but there were not many guests staying at the hotel, and the bar was not operating.

I asked to see two rooms, and was graciously shown a ground floor room with a kitchenette area inside of it. It was not attractive to me because of the musty smell and the location in the hotel. Apparently, none of the rooms with kitchenettes have access to the parking lot; you must go out past the pool and through the lobby. I heard from a former guest that the rooms on the second floor have a moldy, musty smell because of the old carpeting. The ground floor rooms have tile floors.

On the other side of the pool are the rooms with king-sized beds. I was shown one on the ground floor, and it was more to my liking. Entrance into the room from the pool area and from the parking area outside of the room. However, it was way overpriced, in my opinion. The rate was $109. per night and $119. for Friday and Saturday nights. This hotel is not worth that rate, regardless of the fact that it is the only clothing optional hotel in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fawlty Towers Resort Motel? Share your experiences!