“**** GREAT PLACE TO STAY, FIRENDLY & HELPFUL!!***” 5 of 5 stars

Fawlty Towers Resort Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 E. Cocoa Beach Causeway, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Westward Ho, null, United Kingdom
“**** GREAT PLACE TO STAY, FIRENDLY & HELPFUL!!***”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at Fawlty Towers recently whilst visiting relatives in florida, As a gay couple my partner and I were very skeptical, but the staff and owners , terri & paul, were very welcoming and very friendly.. they gave us some great advise on the best way to get where we were going and the best places to eat and visit, terri even provided us with plenty of discount vouchers for our stay!! We found our room to be fine, with 2 large double beds, a tv , fridge and air con, and the maids came in every day and kept it nice and fresh and tidy!! and it was a fairly qiuet resort with very little noise at night.. the whole place has a very homely feel to it, not corporate like some hotels, and i found nothing was too much trouble for the staff you only had to ask! We were even given a plentiful supply of clean towels for our stay!! this motel was nothing like its namesake,, its a true jewel in cocoa beach,s crown!!! cant wait for our return next year!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have visited Fawlty Towers Motel several times in the past and been welcomed every time by courteous & polite staff, each time the staff have rememeberd me when booking, this was my first time there as a naturist resort and it was fantastic.
The pool is heated wiith a Tiki bar next to it, serving beers & wine, with free Tea & Coffee in the mornings, and the premises are secluded & secure, outside perimiter has security Cameras covering the car parks, There is someone is on duty 24hrs.
The rooms are spacious and well maintained, the rooms are cleaned daily, bed linen & towles also changed daily. There is a consiege book in the room with information about the motel & local ameinaties. If you have any questions the staff are allways happy to help.
The local resturants will deliver to your room. There is a bus stop just over the road from the hotel, with a regular service which will take you in all directions and is good value for money.
I cannot complain about my stay there and will certainly book again for that 'Old Florida Charm' holiday as it is great value for money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Orange City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed there several times since they have opened as a clothing optional resort,
everyone was friendly and helpful, the Tiki Hut Bar was cozy, nice atmosphere!, music
playing, as well as food goes, there are several great restaurants nearby, 1 great
local restaurant that delivers to the hotel is called the Sandbar, I ordered from them
and the food was delivered with 45 minutes, food was excellant. the room was clean
and bed is comfortable. having a firdge and a microwave was convenient,

I will certainly go back, as a matter of fact I will be staying there this weekend (12/15)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am currently having the time of my life, arrived at the beginning of November, the rooms are very clean and the biggest bed I have ever slept in, the staff couldn't be more friendly, I have met people from all walks of life, you don't need to drive anywhere as the beach is 2-3 min walk away, restaurants are everywhere, everything is on your doorstep. The transport system is great, central bus hub is right outside the door for North, East, South & West, what more can you ask for.

I was skeptical at first as this is the only time I have been to a naturist resort, but once here, I have let all my Inhibitions go out the window. overall I would thoroughly recommend Fawlty Towers Motel to all my friends and family and will certainly come back again.

Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were in the area, staying at a different hotel, and we visited Fawlty Towers for a day-visit. The charge was $30 for the two of us. The pool is small ~ about the size of an average back-yard pool. They do have lots of chairs around the pool, but in the afternoon, there was just one small area that received sun. The water was a pleasant temperature for November.

There is a Tiki Bar there that looks like a fun place to gather, but there were not many guests staying at the hotel, and the bar was not operating.

I asked to see two rooms, and was graciously shown a ground floor room with a kitchenette area inside of it. It was not attractive to me because of the musty smell and the location in the hotel. Apparently, none of the rooms with kitchenettes have access to the parking lot; you must go out past the pool and through the lobby. I heard from a former guest that the rooms on the second floor have a moldy, musty smell because of the old carpeting. The ground floor rooms have tile floors.

On the other side of the pool are the rooms with king-sized beds. I was shown one on the ground floor, and it was more to my liking. Entrance into the room from the pool area and from the parking area outside of the room. However, it was way overpriced, in my opinion. The rate was $109. per night and $119. for Friday and Saturday nights. This hotel is not worth that rate, regardless of the fact that it is the only clothing optional hotel in the area.

charleston,sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

After seeing the Fawlty Towers ads in the "Bulletin" and speaking with others, we thought we would try the hotel for ourselves. We were taking a cruise out of Port Canaveral and since the hotel offers to let you keep your car at the hotel while you cruise, we decided to stay for a night. The hotel did ask us to leave them our car key in case they had to move the vehicle.

The hotel rooms need much work! Plastic covered mattress- crinkly/noisy to sleep on. Bed spreads don't look like they've been laundered in a while. No shampoo in bathroom. VCR is a nice touch - but who has VCR tapes anymore?? The staff and owner (Paul) all have the same training - NONE. Service lacks in all areas. But the biggest complaint, is upon returning from the cruise, I went to the front desk to retrieve our car key. Paul- the OWNER- had no idea of where the keys are kept and couldn't get in touch with any of his staff. After an hour, Paul did get in touch with a night security man, who then called a staff person and found out the keys "are in a brown envelope by the phone" WHAT! Security??? They did finally find the keys in a plain white envelope more than an hour later. Unbelievable. If they promote this service, you would think there is a plan in place to secure keys.

On a positive note, I think the pool area would be OK for day visits. But we will not be back nor recommend Fawlty Towers.

Room Tip: go somewhere else...
Saint Paul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I love the idea of clothing optional but the rooms are in need of updating, the windows in the bathroom don't lock and the parking lot is not easy to use. On the plus side, the pool is nice [get there early for the best sun access], the day front desk people are great and it is clothing optional! Not sure if I would have stayed there if I had know all of the above. The noise from the DJ was just about enough to make me leave in the middle of the night! The pool bar has piped in music you can't get away from until they turn it off. With so many other places I doubt I would book here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fawlty Towers Resort Motel? Share your experiences!