“Good food but dated decor” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a small family owned and operated restaurant! We pride ourselves on using the finest ingredients - our fish is fresh - never frozen! We offer a variety of dishes to satisfy any palate - Our specialty is our preparation of fresh locally caught fish, we also offer a variety of chicken & veal dishes, as well as pasta and vegetarian dishes. We cook from the heart and serve all of our guests as if they are family! Reservations are suggested.
Rockledge, Florida
“Good food but dated decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We wanted to try somewhere different and used Tripadvisor to find a new place. For appetizers we had the fish dip and the coconut shrimp. The fish dip was a bit salty but the coconut shrimp were good. Excellent tasting shrimp with a light breading. The dipping sauce was a banana base that went well with the coconut shrimp. The fish we had for entrees was fresh and well prepared. The Pompano Grill is a small restaurant but was busy with locals. It is a block off the main road so you will not find it accidentally so the crowd says something for it. The decor could use some major updating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cape Canaveral, Florida
“Avg. Seafood - Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

After reading the reviews I was excited to try something new. MISTAKE!!! The Ceaser Salad all the reviews bragged about was horrible. It was way too fishy. I had the grilled Swordfish even though I ordered it Blackened. I could have sent it back but didn't really want to wait another 20 minutes while my GF ate. It was just OK. She had the Pampano Almondine and it was OK, not great. We had the Coconut Shrimp appetizer and it was OK too. Overall the food was average. I don't mind dropping $100 on a good dinner, but this was average at best. I wonder if any of the previous reviewers actually know what great food tastes like. When I drop $100 on dinner I want to be impressed. I was not impressed with Pompano Grill at all. I would say that a chain restaurant like Red Lobster or Applebees serves better food. Definitely skip this place if you want a romantic date. Small & loud atmosphere with a limited wine list. Go to Merritts Table if you want great food!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“Best meal I've ever had in Cocoa Beach -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We chose this restaurant based on Trip Advisor and had an excellent meal. The Caesar Salad was delicious, with clearly a homemade dressing. My meal was the grilled shrimp and scallops with pineapple - wonderful. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. I will definitely return on my next trip.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
LaSalle, Canada
“Great Little Seafood Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a seafood restaurant while in Cocoa Beach preparing to board our cruise the following day. The Pompano Grill was very highly recommended on TripAdvisor by many people, so we decided to give it a try.

Situated in a strip mall, it doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it is cozy (probably maximum 50 seats) and has very nice wood panelling decor.

I tried the specialty dish of the house, Pompano Almondine, which was a very nice mild flaky fish with a light almondine sauce on top. Very tasty! We both also had Caesar salads which were very good, not swimming in dressing.

Our server was very attentive and personable. Great dining experience overall.

We would definitely eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Care taken in meal preparation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I had the triple tail (grouper family) blackened. We had seafood in 6 different restaurants over the last few days and the best was hands down at Pompano Grill. The fish was cooked absolutely perfect. Not much else to say. Beautifully prepared and seasoned to perfection. The sides, rice pilaf and squash/zuchinni, were very good and also well prepared but plain.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere