“A Great Place To Get away and Still be Close!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Island Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cocoa Beach
Beach Island Resort
Save Saved
You added Beach Island Resort to your Saves list
1125 South Atlantic Avenue, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Riverview, Michigan, United States
“A Great Place To Get away and Still be Close!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed here a few Times over the years. Really have had a great time every time!! For easter Fran and Wayne do the court yard up in easter decor and the pool and hot tub are always clean and ready!! But The Beach here is 5 star!! No one is ever out there and its clean and the water is clear and perfect!! Plus the Tiki Bar is a Close walk away!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I referred my friends to this motel because its just a few streets from our house. Looked this place up on Tripadvisor and it looked pretty decent. My friends checked in and called me to tell me how dirty it was and they were thinking of leaving. I went over to check the room out. The room was on the outside facing the street. The room had a little sitting area w/ a kitchenette..Sink..Stove..Refridgerator. The couch looked very well used as it was dirty looking. The bed had hair all over the sheets and the mattress pad. We took off the sheets and we where gonna change the sheets but there wasnt another mattress pad. The mattress had a gigantic disgusting stain on it....Looked like blood....We turned the mattress over and the other side did not have a stain on it. My friend said its okay. I said absolutely not I referred you here and its very embarassing for me. I called the phone number nobody answers. Went to the room where the owners live and there was a sign saying Dentist Appt if you need anything call Lou. I called Lou, standing right in front of the door of the owners and Lou answered then the owners door opens and Fran scowls at me and says come in. I explained to her who I was and that I lived a few streets away and referred my friends here but when they checked in the bed is filthy with all kinds of different hair. I asked do you have a cleaner room. I would not sleep in that bed. She said no she doesnt have any other rooms and that I am just going to have to give her a minute she just walked in. She looked at some list made a phone call saying the Lady in 103 is complaining about hair in the bed and she needed to come and take care of it. Fran the owner proceeds to tell me that she can not guarantee that there will not be hair on any of the beds. She said Lou will be with us in a minute. Lou came and said she will take the sheets and the mattress pad and wash them. We said ok. When my friends returned to the room the bed was made and finally clean. Lou left a note apologizing for the condition of the bed. The next day my friends where leaving and went to Fran the owner and asked about a parking pass. (This motel only has about 10 parking spaces. and my friends were told that if those parking places are full you need a parking pass to park in the public access on each side of the motel.) She stated you dont need one. My friend said ok but we are gonna be gone most of the day and would really like a pass in case the lot is full. Fran said you dont need one we are not full. My friend said I would really appreciate one. Fran said ok but if you lose it it is a $50.00 fee. When my friends returned later that night the lot was full. Thank goodness they had to beg for a parking pass. When my friends checked out Fran took the key from them as they were bothering her. I would not recommend this hotel. The owner was rude and nasty. The room was dingy and dirty. The bed was horrible. You should not have to beg for a clean bed or anything else when you stay at a motel. Think twice before you stay here!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Middlesboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I'm always nervous staying at a new hotel. We usually stay at South Beach Inn (awesome place, too) but ended up here. Immediately, after meeting Lou the owner, I knew I had no reason to be nervous. Staff was welcoming and far past accommodating. They have a towel service so you can get fresh towels every day. They have a swimming pool and hot tub. The beach is their backyard. You can see the shuttle launches from the pool area, too. Of the night, it lights up the beach like the sun rising. If you can't watch a shuttle, get up and watch the real sun rise; it's pretty amazing. Don't touch the lizards; they are protected but were not intrusive in anyway. I had an awesome time and will definitely revisit. The mattresses are clean but not the greatest comfort wise. It's a great place for families, friends, and couples. Also, my boyfriend asked me to marry him right out back of the resort, in the sand. :) And it's only an hour or so away from Orlando so you've plenty of time to visit for the day and return that night, if you go to Universal or Disney. Also, visit the Lobster Shanty (Lou has coupons), Taco City, and Barrier Jack's for local dining. But the rooms are set up with kitchenettes and there's a Publix nearby for groceries.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

We stayed here after spending 2 nights at the Portofino Hotel at Universal. It's quite a culture shock going from a 4 star to this -- not bad, just different.

The place is a nice throwback to the mom & pop family beach resorts of times gone by. You don't have to walk down miles of hallways to get to the pool/beach. Access to the beach from the rooms is close and easy. The hotel has a number of beach chairs, toys, and umbrellas for guests to use. The rooms are older and have spartan furnishings, but are quite serviceable and clean. Housekeeping was very friendly and efficient. The wifi worked reasonably well, the kitchen was well equiped, and the laundry (not in the room) is serviceable (but not free). If you want a 4 star hotel experience, this isn't it, but if you want a nice easy beach hotel without other frills, you will likely be happy here.

The best deal on the island is renting a surf board from the RonJon surf shop -- $10 for a day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

My husband and I were impressed with this cozy weekend getaway. It reminded us of when life was much simpler when the only places to stay on the beach were the mom and pop motels. Our room was immaculate, complete with a living area, kitchenette and seperate bedroom all at a very reasonable rate. The pool was clean as was the hot tub. The beach was just a few steps away. We will be taking our next trip to Cocoa Beach in a couple of weeks and plan to stay in one of their two bedroom beachfront rooms along with an other couple. The Staff was very friendly and treated us like family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I loved it here. It's not a brand new hotel, but from what I could see it was very clean, comfortable and well managed. The rooms were appropriately decorated, the kitchen was well equipped and clean, parking was plentiful. I stayed 6 days with absolutely no issues and have nothing but praise for this property and it's staff. The floks at the desk were very friendly and tolerant as I was a typical tourist, never having been to Florida before. They gave loads of directions, maps, and advice. I even gambled...well, slot machines on the casino ship at Cape Caneveral. I won $1.75

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Ontario
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

We decided to stay here based on location and website. The motel is older and needs updating. It could have been cleaner. The internet kept cutting out. There was supposed to be a hot tub(spa) but its wasn't running. Management decided it wasn't worth the expense as it wasn't used enough. The pool was heated but not real warm.. This resort was family friendly and very quiet.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Beach Island Resort? Share your experiences!