“Missing the boat not looking at Seagull” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seagull Beach Club Resort

Seagull Beach Club Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cocoa Beach
Prices are for rooms, adults
Seagull Beach Club Resort
Save Saved
You added Seagull Beach Club Resort to your Saves list
4440 Ocean Beach Blvd., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Missing the boat not looking at Seagull”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I have been an owner at Seagull for over 10 years. The resort is certainly not full of pomp and circumstance, but, it is clean, the staff is wonderfull, and it is located steps to the ocean. As many older buildings on the coast have problems, they are always being addressed in a timely manner. If you are looking for a five star resort, this is not what it is, and never was intended to be. The "true" value at Seagull it the price of ownership, and its trade value through an exchange. I have spoken with owners who have traded their weeks to Hawaii, Mexico, the Keys, Caymans, and everywhere under the sun, for a much less price of ownership. You can spend many thousands of dollars to own at a five star, or you can spend 1500.00 to own a week, and trade where ever the exchange has an availabilty. I am a day tripper from Orlando, and have use of the facility when it is not real busy to have access to the beach, and have my week as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

If you are going on a vacation to stay in your room, no, this is not your place. The Seagull is dated but has sustained time, it is well kept and the employee's are wonderful. For those who have left bad reviews, I would disagree. You get what you pay for and the Seagull for me is well worth the price you pay. The kitchen though small is equipped to make any meal and the gas grills out by the pool are always well maintained. Yes, the units are small, the one bedrooms are just that, a one bedroom with an additional murphy bed in the living room if you need to sleep four. Walk out of your room and you are on the beach, stroll down 20 minutes on the beach and you are on the Pier, cross the street and you're at Ron Jon's. I come from the north where if you want to rent a small outdated cabin a block or two from the beach and no yard, you are going to pay a small fortune, so for those that were or are looking for 5 star, please dont stay at The Seagull, it would be much easier for those who love this place that you went down the road to the other resort that has its five pools and a cazillion people. As for me, I will cherish my week this year and look forward to grilling out by the pool, laying on the beach that is outside my door and giving a friendly smile to the employees as they give me my extra towels and ask me if I need WiFi for my room.

Room Tip: Wouldnt do a first floor unless you are looking for a two bedroom.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

When we entered our room, we were met with the smell of decay and mold. The refrigerator was so rusty, the paint was peeling off. The bottom of the stove had flakes of rusted out metal falling off every time I used it. There was mold on the ceiling, in the bathroom, everywhere. We complained to a board member who was staying at the resort, judging by his reaction the owners do not want to spend the money on maintenance and water damage is everywhere.
We exchanged our points in Diamond resorts to this slum. And that is after paying a couple of thousands in extra maintenance for the property in Hawaii this year, which is mandatory for Diamond members. Isn't that ironic? This property should be removed from the exchange list. It is a disgrace.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this place.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My family and I knew going here based on other reviews that it is not "upscale," and we did not expect luxury. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, in the first bedroom there were two twin beds, and in the second bedroom there was a murphy bed (you know the one that folds up against the wall). The size of the room was quite nice. The appliances, fixtures, and furniture were all old, for example there was rust on the refrigerator. I don't believe that the hotel has been upgraded in over 20 years (no exaggeration). We had an issue with water temperature when taking showers, it was set to a certain temperature and it would become cold or boiling hot which made for an unpleasant experience. The hotel rents out DVD's but only has a DVD player in the bedroom, not the living room. The hotel is located next to a restaurant and bar, and there were a few drunks and homeless that are wandering around in the evenings and there was no feeling of security other than your locked door. And with no safe in the room it as a little uncomfortable when we went out for the evening. There is also laundry facilities and a pool, the pool was small but adequate (who wants a pool when they can go to the beach). The laundry was nothing fancy but it did the trick, the classic quarters for soap, washer, and dryer.
Overall, I would not stay here again, although the staff was very nice, the actual room was well below average. The only reason it is not rated lower is because of the staff and proximity to the beach. Even with low expectations the room, we wish we would've stayed somewhere else for our trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My parents fly south for 2 weeks every January and I've joined them on several trips. They've been coming here for over ten years. The Seagull is clean and ideally located on the Beach. It's not upscale, but the location is great, with a nice pool and friendly staff. I can be out on the beach with coffee at sunrise in 30 seconds. The 2 BR unit has 2 baths and is by no means large, but suits 4 people just fine. Walk to Ron Jons or the grocery or drug store. Limited eateries within walking distance, or hop in your car and drive any direction for a variety of dining options.

Room Tip: 2 BR/2 BA units are on 1st floor. 1 BR/1 BA on 2nd & 3rd Floor and have small balcony. Access a...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Nakusp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

The Seagull is defiitely an older property but it is being well maintained and kept up. It is definitely getting a fair share of TLC. The rooms are small but the space is well used and offer every amenity. If your looking for 5 Star accomodation this is not it but it is a comfortable place with self contained units and everything is nearby that you need. The staff are nice and helpful and the property has a nice pool with private beach access. All in all the Seagull is a comfortable and clean place to stay and at a great price. You can't go wrong with this place if your not fussy about things that really don't matter. Great kitchen units and comfortable sleeping space. Needs some minor upgrades but overall a nice place to stay and I would return any time!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hickory, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Our family of 4 stayed here for a week in July. The 2-bedroom apartment is tiny - I cannot imagine trying to fit more than 4 in here, even though it is equipped to sleep 6. One bedroom has twin beds, and the other has a murphy bed in the wall. The murphy bed was fairly comfortable. The bathrooms (2) are fine - tub/shower cominations in both. Our biggest problem was the lack of space to gather when we were awake. The "common room" includes the kitchen, dining area, and a small sofa (double-size sleeper). The 4 of us had trouble fitting at the table for meals. The table is too small to put out food on serving plates, but the walking space is too small for buffet-style. There was a tv in each room, but no place for the 4 of us to sit comfortably to watch a movie together. We were lucky that the weather was nice all week, because the beach is fabulous. It would have been difficult to be confined in such a small space if it had rained. The ground-floor rooms do not have outdoor seating areas, unless you put chairs on the sidewalk that provides access to all the rooms.
We did like the fact that we were on the ground floor, just a few steps from the boardwalk to the beach. The pool area is clean and has plenty of seating, but the pool itself is very small. We did not use the pool because it was always full of people. The grounds and the apartment were clean, and the staff was cordial and helpful.

Room Tip: I would not suggest putting more than 4 people in a 2-bedroom unit.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Seagull Beach Club Resort? Share your experiences!