Luxury Townhome on World-Renowned Cocoa Beach

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

vaw926
Mechancisburg, PA
“Our trip was a huge success!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I traveled to Cocoa Beach for 6 days to visit our son. We typically book a hotel, but decided we wanted to rent a place so we could spend more time with him. I envisioned early morning coffee and the beach with my husband, and late night chats with our son. This property was the perfect setting and provided all of those things and more.

A vacation rental was a new experience for us and I wasn't sure what to expect. I received an immediate response to my inquiry; and Jeanne, the property owner, could not have been more helpful. (Please note...I had also inquired about two other properties and never received a response from the owners).

The property is a clean, well-maintained townhome in a gated community in Cape Canaveral. There are recent upgrades in the kitchen, the lanai (screened in porch and deck off of the bedrooms), and flooring. It is close to the port for the cruise ships, and a short drive to the NASA Space Center and about a 2.5 mile trip to the heart of Cocoa Beach, but it is within a mile of the city line. It was a 45 minute drive from the airport in Orlando. There are MANY restaurants along North Atlantic Drive in and around Cocoa Beach.

The Publix is right down the street and we stocked up on items for breakfast and lunch, and opted to dine out in the evenings. I am very particular and was pleased to discover an immaculate kitchen. It was well stocked with cookware and utensils, as well as the baggies and wraps which you may need for storage. The electric range with the glass-top and other appliances are relatively new and show little wear.

There are two bathrooms with one upstairs (tub/shower) and one on the main floor (tiled shower). A laundry with washer and dryer were handy for doing towels. The two bedrooms are spacious with queen-sized beds and ceiling fans. Both beds are firm and we slept well. Our son reported that he had to sleep with the blinds open so some light would shine in and help him wake in the morning. Still, the property is well shaded and there is no glaring sun! The bedrooms open up on to a deck which was nice for hanging out in the evening before bed. We enjoyed having the second floor so we didn't have to worry about disturbing whom ever was sleeping. (It sleeps five, but I didn't explore whether the sofa pulled out or an air mattress was tucked away).

The community is a quiet, diverse, older neighborhood. There are many retirees reside there, but we also saw the kids coming home from school at the end of the day. We enjoyed the short walk to the adult pool, and checked out the family pool as well. It may have been the time of year, but we felt as though this was our private pool. It is clean and well-maintained but we were often the only ones there. The residents we did encounter were very congenial. Jeanne has all of the beach towels, toys, chairs, bikes and umbrellas that you need. She also has coolers to use for drinks and lunch on the beach.

The walk to the private beach was an easy walk along a sandy path. There are a number of trees along the way which provide shade for the walk. Peacocks abound and share the walkways willingly. The beach is nice and quiet, easy for walking, surf fishing, and fun to have a drink and watch the cruise ships leave around 4:00 PM for the Caribbean destinations. A late night walk on the beach gave us an opportunity to see crabs scooting along the sand which was quite fun. (Of course, Jeanne's got flashlights)!

Jeanne showed tremendous follow through with emails and phone calls. She provided explicit directions for gaining entry and getting the necessary key, etc. Jeanne also responded to any questions or concerns we had. I had reported a problem with the ice maker, and she was quick to call a repair person to correct the issue. She really seemed to go out of her way to make us feel welcome.

A hotel never would have afforded us the luxury of space, the quality time as a family, and all of the amenities which we found at Jeanne's townhome. We certainly would have paid more for lodging at a hotel for three adults. The pricing is very fair and was well worth it. This was a stress-free vacation and wonderful experience for the three of us. Our trip was a HUGE success! We will definitely use this property again if we return to Cocoa Beach. Thank you, Jeanne!

4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The spaciousness of this property allowed us plenty of space to share family time, and plenty of space to spread out for alone time.
Liked least: We all slept well, but my husband and I have become accustomed to a King-size mattress. In no way did this ruin our stay!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 5, 2013
Dear Val, Ron, and Todd,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about my beach home. It makes me very happy to know that my vacation home met all your expectations. My goal is to do my best to make your vacation a memorable one and it gratifies me to know that I met that goal. I thank you for taking care of my "home away from home" and leaving it in fantastic condition. I look forward to having you again in the future.
Best wishes to you and your family in the coming year!
Jeanne
Connie
Wy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Luxury-minded travelers
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Martinsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Mar 29, 2013
Dear Rosemarie and Mike,
Thank you for the wonderful review and also for the good care you took of my townhome. It was my pleasure to have you, your son and daughter-in-law. I look forward to having you back next year. You are perfect renters. Thank you again and have a wonderful year.
Best wishes,
from
$150
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Jeanne T
Speaks English
Listed since : Dec 2012
Response Rate: 75 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 119 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing