“Great location and value” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Hendry Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #3 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
maryland
“Great location and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for four nights. During the day we went to the Kennedy Space center and Merritt Island.
The location of the hotel right on the beach and next to the pier is great . It was also a good value. I had checked it out on Trip Advisor so I was aware of the comments regarding the wood floors,((bring slippers) not enough seating at breakfast, and the band noise.
I made a reservation for an ocean VIEW room instead of what I wanted, an ocean FRONT room. I think that the website could give a better description of the differences between the two rooms. Our ocean view room 612 was half parking lot, half ocean view.
The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, especially Christopher and Lorre who printed our boarding passes because the printer was out of order.
The rooms were large with good drawer space, comfortable beds, refrigerator, microwave oven and coffee maker,
We loved the funky pier next to the hotel and enjoyed dinners there, at the Marlin and the Atlantic Grill. At the end of the pier you can get a drink at the Tiki bar and watch the surfers, people fishing off the pier, and the pelicans walking around.
There's a delightful free park about 5 minutes away (no playground equipment) where you can sometimes see manatee's and dolphins. Manatee Sanctuary Park. We did not see any manatees but did see some dolphins in the distance. Take Atlantic to W. Central Ave. between Zachary's Restaurant and the Traxx mini golf right by the Radisson Hotel. When you get to the park walk toward the left to the end of the beach to a little cove where, if you're lucky you'll see some manatees.
The pool area is very pleasant with a bar, comfortable chairs, and a shaded area. We were pleased with our stay and would return.

Room Tip: I made a reservation for an ocean VIEW room instead of what I wanted, an ocean FRONT room. I think t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

990 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We checked in late on January 23rd, staying until January 26th and didn't want to leave. Part of it was the weather - which was great - but mostly it was our room and the location of the hotel. Yes, one wing of the hotel actually borders the beach right next to the Cocoa Beach Pier. It's a terrific location within walking distance to several restaurants and directly down the street from a Publix market.

Our Room
The pros:
The rooms are large, with Pergo-style flooring, a small cabinet with fridge, microwave and coffee-maker just outside a decent sized bathroom. Our balcony was a good-size with two small plastic chairs and a table provided. Our room had two queen beds, marble-top desk with two chairs on either side, as well as a good size closet and dresser and full-length mirror. Besides the balcony, the huge window looking out on the ocean was the best perk.

On a sidenote: during our stay it appeared that every room was receiving new mattresses.

The cons:
We walked on the floor in our stocking feet for about half an hour before we noticed that the bottom of our white socks had become dark gray in that time from the dingy the floor. While I do believe they sweep - since I didn't notice any dust-bunnies or sand - I doubt they wash the floors on a regular basis so we wound up wearing our flip flops whenever we were inside for extended periods.

The small fridge made a terrible whirring/clacking noise that I mentioned to the hotel staff after we had checked in. It was late in the evening so the only thing they could offer at the time was to move us, which I declined because we'd already started to unpack and my son was very tired. Since we left our DND sign on the door our entire stay the maintenance worker never had a chance to fix it so we just unplugged it when not in use.

The Hotel:
Overall the hotel is clean/nice and appears to be kept up. The pool is a decent size and there is a lovely waterfall/deck area next to it, just outside of the lobby. The breakfast offers a lot of food choices as well a delicious coffee but - like most hotels of the LQs size - at times there were no tables free at which to sit and, because it was early morning in January, the outside tables on the deck were only for those who had bundled up.

Value:
I checked the prices for this hotel daily well before our trip and watched the Oceanfront room price for the dates of our stay go from $229/night (too expensive for this hotel) down to $104 - $119/night which - to me - is more in line for a hotel of this quality and is the price I booked.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you request an OCEANFRONT room on the third floor or above as there is a dune t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a $25.00 hotel with a million$ view. The building is old but in decent shape. Our room #610 had wood laminate flooring which I am not fond off but big problem was the floor was dirty beyond belief. It was actually sticky! Wife tried to clean bathroom floor with a bath towel but that was obviously a losing exercise. I discussed the condition with the management and to their credit, they did clean the floor...not perfect but acceptable. Point is: There is no justification for the condition and unnecessary that I had to complain as it should have been kept clean as normal operation. Additionally, the HVAC unit is one of those old motel wall units that make more noise than a piston aircraft engine

Room Tip: Don't stay on 2nd floor as palm tress can obstruct ocean views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Address: 1 Hendry Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931
Location: United States > Florida > Cocoa Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Romantic Hotel in Cocoa Beach
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Cocoa Beach
#4 Family Hotel in Cocoa Beach
#7 Business Hotel in Cocoa Beach
Hotel Class:2.5 star — La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inns And Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Hotel Cocoa Beach
La Quinta Cocoa Beach
La Quinta Oceanfront

If you own or manage La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.