“Great Room w/Actual Oceanfront View” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Hendry Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Room w/Actual Oceanfront View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We checked in late on January 23rd, staying until January 26th and didn't want to leave. Part of it was the weather - which was great - but mostly it was our room and the location of the hotel. Yes, one wing of the hotel actually borders the beach right next to the Cocoa Beach Pier. It's a terrific location within walking distance to several restaurants and directly down the street from a Publix market.

Our Room
The pros:
The rooms are large, with Pergo-style flooring, a small cabinet with fridge, microwave and coffee-maker just outside a decent sized bathroom. Our balcony was a good-size with two small plastic chairs and a table provided. Our room had two queen beds, marble-top desk with two chairs on either side, as well as a good size closet and dresser and full-length mirror. Besides the balcony, the huge window looking out on the ocean was the best perk.

On a sidenote: during our stay it appeared that every room was receiving new mattresses.

The cons:
We walked on the floor in our stocking feet for about half an hour before we noticed that the bottom of our white socks had become dark gray in that time from the dingy the floor. While I do believe they sweep - since I didn't notice any dust-bunnies or sand - I doubt they wash the floors on a regular basis so we wound up wearing our flip flops whenever we were inside for extended periods.

The small fridge made a terrible whirring/clacking noise that I mentioned to the hotel staff after we had checked in. It was late in the evening so the only thing they could offer at the time was to move us, which I declined because we'd already started to unpack and my son was very tired. Since we left our DND sign on the door our entire stay the maintenance worker never had a chance to fix it so we just unplugged it when not in use.

The Hotel:
Overall the hotel is clean/nice and appears to be kept up. The pool is a decent size and there is a lovely waterfall/deck area next to it, just outside of the lobby. The breakfast offers a lot of food choices as well a delicious coffee but - like most hotels of the LQs size - at times there were no tables free at which to sit and, because it was early morning in January, the outside tables on the deck were only for those who had bundled up.

Value:
I checked the prices for this hotel daily well before our trip and watched the Oceanfront room price for the dates of our stay go from $229/night (too expensive for this hotel) down to $104 - $119/night which - to me - is more in line for a hotel of this quality and is the price I booked.

Room Tip: I would suggest that you request an OCEANFRONT room on the third floor or above as there is a dune t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a $25.00 hotel with a million$ view. The building is old but in decent shape. Our room #610 had wood laminate flooring which I am not fond off but big problem was the floor was dirty beyond belief. It was actually sticky! Wife tried to clean bathroom floor with a bath towel but that was obviously a losing exercise. I discussed the condition with the management and to their credit, they did clean the floor...not perfect but acceptable. Point is: There is no justification for the condition and unnecessary that I had to complain as it should have been kept clean as normal operation. Additionally, the HVAC unit is one of those old motel wall units that make more noise than a piston aircraft engine

Room Tip: Don't stay on 2nd floor as palm tress can obstruct ocean views.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I just returned from my second visit to La Quinta Oceanfront on Cocoa Beach, and this hotel continues to amaze me. While they set an unusually high bar for other La Quinta's to meet they also hold their own against other "better" hotels. I run a convention at a 4 or 5 Star hotel (depends on which plaque you read) and La Quinta Ocenfront's meets or exceeds their level of customer service (and at a much cheaper price)! The rooms are clean, have a great view (I had an "ocean view room" both times), the staff is friendly, the breakfast is great, a great outdoor eating area, and easy access to the beach and Cocoa Beach Pier.
I am already planning to return to the area later this year and La Quinta Oceanside is at the top of my list!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were catching a cruise out of Port Canaveral and decided to stay at La Quinta in Cocoa Beach and we were so happy we did. The rooms were so spacious, loved the hard wood floors and the balcony. We were on the second floor overlooking the beach and pier. It was so nice at sunset with the lights from the ships and shops on the Pier. The beach was very clean as well. Loved the out door dining area with the waterfall. Ate breakfast before our cruise and it was really good. Waffles, sausages, eggs, pastries, coffee.. they really put on a nice meal. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Cocoa Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not everything about this hotel is bad. It is in a good location and the rooms are very clean. Also, the breakfast in the morning is a good start to your day. The biggest issue I had with this hotel is there wording on the website when I booked. I booked an ocean view room and it should have been stated as a partial ocean view room with an obstructive view. There was a loud waterfall fountain, which was annoying when sitting on your balcony, several palm trees in my way, and the pier. I was expecting a little getaway to the ocean for the weekend and sit on my balcony and listen to the ocean. The hotel was full and I couldn't be moved. After leaving I left a complaint with the hotel and the management is very accommendating with issues with the hotel. I wasn't satisfied with what the suggested and I believe they lost me as a customer because for the same price I can stay somewhere else on Cocoa Beach with a view. However, if you don't care for the view then this hotel would be a pretty good place to stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a ocean front room if you want a good view.
Block Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stay at La Quintas whenever we travel with our pooch. They are always clean, they all take dogs and do not charge a pet fee. I notice other reviews that say this place needs a facelift and it appears that is happening, at least in the room we got. We did not ask to pay for an ocean front as it was already getting dark and we'd be leaving early. Still, we could see and hear the ocean from our room. Our room was really nice, with dark wood floors and a bamboo beachy decor.

The breakfast was pretty good too, a full breakfast instead of the usual continental. The Pier is right next door and that place is pretty dated looking from the looks of the restaurants and its tired bartenders. We ate at one of the restaurants on the pier and wished we had made the short drive to one of the less 'touristy' spots.

Staff at the hotel very pleasant, we were just passing through but would stay again if passing by.

The "Pier"

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!