“Beautiful! Great Stay, Highly Recommend :)” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Hendry Ave, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Beautiful! Great Stay, Highly Recommend :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We loved staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites on the Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. It was a beautiful stay. Great for a family going on a beach vacation. The hotel had nice wooden floors and white bedding. My only issue was that the bath towels were a little small, but that isn't that big of a deal. Highly recommed, Can't wait to go back again!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Downers Grove, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I arrived at the LaQuinta, Cocoa Beach Oceanfront to a very "cold" greeting by the front desk clerk ("Wait a minute - I'm on the phone"). When she got off the phone, several minutes later, I gave my name and reservation number - she looked in the computer and announced, "you don't have a reservation - you must be in the wrong hotel." I produced my reservation confirmation, and, after checking again, she told me, "your reservation was cancelled, and we have no rooms available." There was absolutely no explanation of why the reservation was cancelled or any offer of resolution. I asked her to find us a comparable room in a nearby hotel (we had reserved an oceanfront room). She asked me where I wanted to stay, but I had not been in the area in 15 years, so I really didn't know what brands were available.
I ended up speaking to the front desk staff at the Hilton. The desk clerk at the Hilton was extremely helpful and was able to accomodate me in an oceanfront room at the same price with breakfast and free drink vouchers to "make up for my disappointment with the LaQuinta." Everything worked out well, but to no credit of the LaQuinta staff.
I could excuse the mistake, but there is no reason why the LaQuinta staff could not have made an effort to correct their error.

Baraboo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

The location of this hotel is great as it is right next to the pier, the ocean, and close to many local attractions. However, the exterior of the hotel is in need of updating and the standard room is just that...very standard and somewhat small. Our family would have purchased a suite but the cost was $100 more per night, which was much higher than another hotel we stayed at for the second half of our vacation, which turned out to be much nicer. The La Quinta provides a huge free buffet breakfast every morning beginning at 6am and if people cannot find something they like on this buffet, then they are far too picky. There was fruit, yogurt, breads, bagels, eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, coffee, milk, cereals, juices, etc. The air conditioner in our room was also somewhat annoying. It kicked on and off every 2-3 minutes constantly and it was very loud. I can't comment on the suites because I didn't see them...but if considering staying at this hotel, I would recommend that a party of 3 or more consider getting a suite rather than a standard room as we definitely were tight on space. The staff was all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you want to have a nice view of the ocean, ask for an oceanfront room. We got one of these and w...
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel is a great weekend getaway - a great location at a reasonable rate. It's within easy walking distance to the beach and Cocoa Beach Pier. It also has a nice pool and good hot breakfast. The only downside is the rooms can be a bit noisy. We were kept up at night by a dog barking in a neighboring room, and were woken early the next morning by the woman in the room above us pacing in her high heels. Bottom line - wear earplugs to bed, and you'll enjoy this hotel.

Room Tip: I'd try to get on the top floor. These rooms don't have carpeting, thus you'll hear all...
Evans, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have stayed in La Quintas in more than 6 states over the years and this location is absolutely the best ever. The location is 50 yards from a great beach and about 150 yards away from the Cocoa Beach pier that has restaurants, bars, and shops. It is a couple of blocks from the largest Ron-Jon store in the world.
The hotel is clean and well laid out. The check-in and check-out process is fast and very friendly. The breakfast buffet in most La Quintas is fair at best and similar to M.R.E.'s but this location offers a real breakfast selection. Scrambled eggs, little link sausages, biscuits and sausage gravy, waffles and all the other usual cereal and fruit. Everything was hot and tasty. They also keep it open until 10 a.m. instead of the usual 9 a.m. There is a beautiful outdoor dining area complete with a water wall, palm trees, and sea grape trees. The pool is fairly large and very pretty. Overall for the money you can't ask for a better hotel for location, cleanliness, and amenities. We are planning to take our grandaughters there this summer.

Room Tip: If you want a good view of the ocean book the 3rd thru 6th floor. The first floor view is blocked by...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!