“Cheap room by the beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

You added Motel 6 Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cocoa Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3701 N Atlantic Avenue, SR 528 at Atlantic Avenue/SR 401, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Cheap room by the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel backs up the the beach so it's a great beach spot. Rooms are basic and pretty clean, not gross but not spotless. Staff is nice. There's a Waffle House next door and it's within walking distance to the world famous Ron Jon Surf Shop.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

This place is by far the worst motel I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very dirty, I saw countless cockroaches of all sizes. There was even a flattened one folded up in my bed sheets. The bathrooms are gross, we had to turn the water to the toilet off to stop it from over flowing. The entire room had a over powering wet carpet smell that was untouchable. Steven at the front desk was the only pleasant part of our stay. The manager, Eric was far from helpful and needs a serious class in customer service. He was extremely rude and pompous. He seemed to be on a power trip allowing his inflated ego to interfere with providing any type of guest satisfaction. You would have a better experience sleeping in your car than staying the night at this motel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I would not let my dog stay at this hotel. The security officer called the police and had me thrown out after i declined giving him my phone number. The manager Richard is pimp and should be fired. There was bird crap everywhere and the room was not clean. I was glad to leave. The security officer with the beard is a crack head pervert.

• Stayed May 2014
Atlanta, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a reservation and asked to see the room before checking in. Thank goodness we did! On the way to the room we dodged enough bird crap to fertilize a football field! It appeared to be a massive accumulation! On our way to the room we were treated to quite a few room s with open doors and shirtless guys inside! A little creepy to say the least! When we got to the room the door key failed to work....the one I had to leave my drivers license to obtain. The curtains were open and the The Lord they were! This was the crappiest room I've seen probably EVER! The carpet was kinky looking and both beds had LARGE craters in the center...large enough to be seen through the dirty window! We promptly went and gave them the key back....drove into Rockledge and got the greatest room at Holiday inn Express on Hwy 520! DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL! GROSS GROSS GROSS! On the flip side....the man and woman at the front desk were very nice!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manahawkin, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

True, it is one of the least expensive "hotels" in Cocoa Beach. And when we checked in, the woman at the desk was very nice, friendly and helpful. Now for the bad: The bed was old and the mattress pad even older! I do have to say that it appeared that the cleaning staff did a good job. Our room faced the pool & it looked like a nice pool. The beach is nearby (not oceanfront - but not far. I also heard from a friend living nearby that prostitues use the hotel for their private business. I did see signs stating that police have the right to barge into the room if they feel there is unlawful activity being engaged in the room. Boy, that really made me feel at ease!!! Also, when taking the stairs to our room, there was an odor of urine in the outdoor stairwell. I couldn't wait to leave!

Room Tip: I would prefer the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Sevierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I got there at 4p which is c/i time to be told none of the rooms were ready. Came back at 5p, got put in a room where the bathroom had hairs in tubs and bathroom floor not cleaned. Housekeeping was very quick about coming to clean it. I also found rags in the fridge where it had been thawed. After unpacking and going to town I arrive back to roaches crawling on the floor. I notified front desk who stated idk how they got there, we will move you, make sure you shake your items out. The next room I received the toilet ran off and on, the lamp was broke above my head where i could rotate it in a complete circle, and some TV channels were fuzzy and some clear. ( not to mention you only get about 15 channels), also the AC is set to where it doesn't go below 68. When it's 90, you would like a cool room which 68 didn't accomplish. When telling my issues to the desk I was asked " which one is more important?". Which of course was my toilet. I seen maintenance take a TV to my room which didn't fix the problem, which none of my issues was fixed. They do re-model 7a-7p daily. Which 7a is a little early to wake people if you ask me. The only positive about this hotel, is the friendly staff and the beach is 2 blocks away. Maybe after re-model this hotel would be suitable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and i drove 964 miles just to experience Cocoa Beach,Florida at the Motel 6
3701 N Atlantic Avenue, SR 528 at Atlantic Avenue/SR 401, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931.I was asked about my cb antenna and joked around with whom ever the man who was supposed to check us,i had 500.00$ cash in my hand ready to pay,then he snapped told me i was not welcome,almost shoved my drivers license on the floor,told me to leave or be escorted to jail by the Cocoa Beach police.He totally ruined our vacation,cost my wife and myself twice as much to have to drive back north to New Smyrna Beach,Florida for a place to stay.We lost 4 days of our vacation due to non professional motel clerk.I think in my opinion that the man was bipolar the way he snapped and very unprofessional by arguing with me over a wifi fee that i had already said no problem i dont need it,i just need a room because i was exhausted from driving so many miles.
This motel clerk needs to be fired!You dont ask people about there personnel property,you dont argue about wifi rates with a paying customer,you treat people politely,get them checked in and make their stay one to remember,not one to have to call the main office on and report them.We most likely will not ever rent from Motel 6 any where because of this horrible experience.I have never ever been ask to leave any hotel/motel until this happened,my wife and i have always been asked to please come back and book again any where in Florida we have stayed before.
The Sturgeon's from Kentucky
Ps i hope you get fired over this one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple