“Hope Remodel Helps!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cocoa Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3701 N Atlantic Avenue, SR 528 at Atlantic Avenue/SR 401, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Hope Remodel Helps!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I got there at 4p which is c/i time to be told none of the rooms were ready. Came back at 5p, got put in a room where the bathroom had hairs in tubs and bathroom floor not cleaned. Housekeeping was very quick about coming to clean it. I also found rags in the fridge where it had been thawed. After unpacking and going to town I arrive back to roaches crawling on the floor. I notified front desk who stated idk how they got there, we will move you, make sure you shake your items out. The next room I received the toilet ran off and on, the lamp was broke above my head where i could rotate it in a complete circle, and some TV channels were fuzzy and some clear. ( not to mention you only get about 15 channels), also the AC is set to where it doesn't go below 68. When it's 90, you would like a cool room which 68 didn't accomplish. When telling my issues to the desk I was asked " which one is more important?". Which of course was my toilet. I seen maintenance take a TV to my room which didn't fix the problem, which none of my issues was fixed. They do re-model 7a-7p daily. Which 7a is a little early to wake people if you ask me. The only positive about this hotel, is the friendly staff and the beach is 2 blocks away. Maybe after re-model this hotel would be suitable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and i drove 964 miles just to experience Cocoa Beach,Florida at the Motel 6
3701 N Atlantic Avenue, SR 528 at Atlantic Avenue/SR 401, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931.I was asked about my cb antenna and joked around with whom ever the man who was supposed to check us,i had 500.00$ cash in my hand ready to pay,then he snapped told me i was not welcome,almost shoved my drivers license on the floor,told me to leave or be escorted to jail by the Cocoa Beach police.He totally ruined our vacation,cost my wife and myself twice as much to have to drive back north to New Smyrna Beach,Florida for a place to stay.We lost 4 days of our vacation due to non professional motel clerk.I think in my opinion that the man was bipolar the way he snapped and very unprofessional by arguing with me over a wifi fee that i had already said no problem i dont need it,i just need a room because i was exhausted from driving so many miles.
This motel clerk needs to be fired!You dont ask people about there personnel property,you dont argue about wifi rates with a paying customer,you treat people politely,get them checked in and make their stay one to remember,not one to have to call the main office on and report them.We most likely will not ever rent from Motel 6 any where because of this horrible experience.I have never ever been ask to leave any hotel/motel until this happened,my wife and i have always been asked to please come back and book again any where in Florida we have stayed before.
The Sturgeon's from Kentucky
Ps i hope you get fired over this one!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Urbandale, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the beach and they have a nice outdoor pool. Now for the bad. The beds are hard and the rooms and computer system are in serious need of updating. Once they are done, I might consider coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wakeman, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

You get what you pay for but room is great location, and not very clean. Front desk was very friendly but the housekeeping was poor. We had 3 in our room and they would only leave us 1 set of towels. Room is nothing like the photo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Grand Falls, Newfoundland, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Reasonable price for location. However, absolutely "no frills". No coffee maker, no toiletries, change towels and garbage ONCE a week... If you require room service daily it's an extra $6 day. Internet is $3.00day. Room smelled awful, obviously from carpet. I must say pool area was nice but other than that apart from location well below average. Would not stay there again. My wife and I are very easy going people but we do like a clean place...This is not it.

R&B

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The room was alright. Pretty average. The bed was OK. The backside of the place looked like a slum. There was a serious amount of what looked like illegal activity. housekeeping staff was cool and the pool was nice but cold. The only good was the price.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

the most smelly stinky place I ever seen-the people that work there are very rude-they must get it from the manager Richard he was horrible!
no customer service skills--I would stay away!!
didn't even say hello or thank you!

Room Tip: don't stay at motel 6
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear charles w,

Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the customer service and odorissues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Been to Motel 6 Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!