“Decent stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

You added Motel 6 Cocoa Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Cocoa Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3701 N Atlantic Avenue, SR 528 at Atlantic Avenue/SR 401, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Brussels, Belgium
“Decent stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed one night in the Motel 6 in the Cocoa Beach during our Florida trip.

We did not expect any luxury so we were not disappointed. Rather on the contrary - our room was very big and clean and I would say it was much better than the room we stayed in la Quinta in Orlando and in Miami.

I would recommend the Motel 6 as an Ideal place for a short stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Had a reservation here for 1 night on Dec 30 before a cruise.

Pulled into the property and didn't even get out of the car! Place looked sketchy: 6 police cars were right in front of the lobby searching some car!

Went to another hotel and when driving by the next day saw another 3 police cars were on the property again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Motel 6 at Cocoa Beach for 1 night during our honeymoon. We booked the night before and travelled from Orlando, not too far. We got a really good price.
The motel was clean, had everything we needed and was just 200 yards from the beach.
Great shops nearby and the surf shop is worth a visit.
Found a really nice bar behind pizza hut where everyone was really friendly and had a great atmosphere.
Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Had a bad experience at another hotel down the street and came here. Service is top notch. Had to check out at 11am at other hotel, 5 hours before Motel 6 check in time.... but they let me check right on in, no problem
They provided complimentary internet (Motel 6 usually charges 3 bucks) because of the bad weather.
Room is clean, the property is clean.
Best part- location. Right smack dab in heart of all the shops and restaurants (and drug stores).
If I ever come back to Cocoa Beach, won't consider any place but here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Las Vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Great motel 6 by the beach it's about a 200 yard walk to the beach there are numerous restaurants in walking distance and its only about 5 miles from the port my wife and its usually stay here about twice a mo if you are looking for the Hilton or Marriott its probably not for you but if you can appreciate a clean economy lodging at the best price in the area it is great they also have a large pool that actually has a deep end 8 ft and a bbq area no big flat screen tv no hot tub ( i wish ) but clean simple rooms at a great price for around 60 or less including tax most times and no extra charge for pets so check it out and have a great weekend

• Stayed August 2012
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I spent five nights in room 127 July 14, 2012 to July 19 and was getting flea bites for at least four of those nights. Because I did not have experience with fleas, I was slow to recognize that the problem was in fact in my hotel room, rather than getting bitten somewhere else. In addition to feeling bites and the sensation of having insects on the skin, I saw insects on me on two occasions in the room, and these insects had an appearance consistent with that of images of fleas that I saw online after looking them up.

Not only did I have dozens of bites on my lower legs and feet (as well as a few on higher parts of the body such as the abdomen and between the buttocks), I had to be concerned about the possibility of taking fleas home with me. I took precautions to prevent this and I engaged in a lot of extra cleaning at home once I returned home.

I was given a different room for my last night at the hotel, but other than that, for these 4 to 5 nights getting bitten by fleas in that room, I was given a guest certificate for only one night at a Motel 6, which doesn't seem to me to be very good compensation for staying in a room that turned out to be infested.

Also, it was very noisy at night in room 127 due to a family in a nearby room who tended to get back to their room at 11 PM or later. I was told they had teenaged children who liked to bounce around the room, including "bouncing off the back wall" of the room. I complained to the front desk late at night during the first three nights that I was in the room, then to a supervisor during the day on 7/17/12. There was one good quality night that night (7/17) but by the night of 7/18 the family was already being noisy again, so I complained to the front desk again late that night, for a total of four complaints to the front desk and one to a supervisor during the day over the course of five nights in that room.

Room Tip: Don't use room 127.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was so bad when you went to use the bathroom water would drip on your head, and we were on the 2nd/top floor. We couldn't take baths or showers because the tub was full of rust. Luckily we were only there a couple hours! Never go back!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Motel 6 Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!