“Ron Jon Surf Shop Surfing Lessons GREAT !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Mahopac, New York
“Ron Jon Surf Shop Surfing Lessons GREAT !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Drove up from Orlando Kissimmee area (about 1 1/2 hrs) to go on beach the kids 15 14 13 & 12 wanted to try surfing. We looked to Ron Jon surf shop on Cocoa beach the staff was Professional and extremely personable, we had paid for an hour $50 and they worked with the kids for over an hour and a half when one of those mid day Florida thunderstorms came through. The kids loved it so much that the staff said that we could come back again the next day for and additional $15 for another hour which turned out to be almost two full hours. They had a BLAST ! But each and every one of them got some pretty bad sunburn :( although you know that teenagers favorite words are "I Know" when we tried to get them to apply Sun Block.. they are very fair skinned being American with Irish & French Canadian heritage. I guess they didnt believe us that the sun in Florida is stronger than in the northeast where we live. Best advice for everyone Use SUNBLOCK

lancashire
“great for all the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Disliked nothing, loved the whole area. Nobody pushed you to purchase anything what a refreshing change from places like India. Cocoa Beach was clean friendly and staying at the Best Western meant we were right there on the beach as we stayed in the Tower block.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“A great strip of beach. Hope it doesn't get too well known!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visit Cocoa beach everytime we visit Disney and thats been a few times!
We love it. Easy (but not cheap parking, ensure you have loads of quarters!) close to the beach. Clean, not too busy, great waves but the sea is probably not suitable for the very young or non swimmers.
Plenty of shops and bars in the area. Loads of places to hire boards, bikes etc. Get a tattoo or a beer.
Nice laid back feel to the area.
Don't be fooled by the sun. Take loads of sunscreen. The sea breeze keeps everything cooler and you won't realise you have burnt!

Pennsylvania, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Our Parking Was Good Though?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

First, I see a lot of the reviews talking about the poor parking. I have to say that the best part of our trip to Cocoa Beach was our parking! We were lucky enough to find a spot in the free lot provided by Ron Jon Surf Shop (which is a cute place to visit). I saw we were lucky because I am sure that parking goes quickly on the weekend!

Now, my disappointment comes in the actual beach. When I was 11 I first came to Cocoa Beach and visited again when I was 12. I remember the beach being so beautiful. The sand was white and litter free. It was somewhere that you could lay around and relax. I had put over the fact that it was so much cleaner than the beaches that we frequent. I was so disheartened to see cigarette butts, bottles, soda cup lids, and an influx of pigeons (mind you they were oddly friendly unlike the typical PA and New York Pigeons I am used to). While I enjoyed the pigeons and being that close to nature, the gross amount of litter was quite upsetting. This was a place that I remember as a kid being beautiful, now 15 years later it's a dump!

“Love you Cocoa Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean, Beautiful, Love Cocoa Beach. RonJon surf shop had VERY reasonable rates on rentals.Rented a surfboard and got hooked.

Visited May 2013