“Nice...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Suites Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cocoa Beach
Ocean Suites Hotel
5500 Ocean Beach Blvd, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #30 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
“Nice...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2006

I frequently visit Cocoa Beach. I have never stayed at this specific hotel but I found it to be very nice. The new pool is great. The restaurant was closed. The rooms were very large and quite comfortable. For the price and the hotel's location to the beach I was very pleased with my stay. I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2006

We stayed at the Ocean Suit for a two night stay. At $99.00 per nite plus tax we thought it was a good deal.
The web site is very misleading, for one thing, although the name of the hotel contains the word "ocean" there is NO view at all of the ocean from this hotel. You are surrounded by other hotels. Not a good thing for someone who likes to sit on the balcony in the evening to look at the water. Also the refrigerator was not turned on prior to our arrival and stayed warm throughout our stay leaving our newly purchased food to spoil. NOT GOOD.
The shower was very old and the water fawcett would just spin and spin when turned on and took about 20 minutes to get to the temp that was comfortable. NOT GOOD.
The only Ice machine for the hotel is located on the 2nd floor and did not work at all. Walking in the evening on the lobby level to get out to the pool we were greeted by another surprise....RATS! Running right past us...I have traveled to many many hotels and have never EVER seen rats up close and personal. It scared me nearly to death!
Finally, the restaraunt/bar area seemed to be closed. One night the door was open and the lights were on and there was a "greeter" at the entrance. Peeking in I made the mistake of putting one foot in the door and was asked VERY rudely if I was a member of some club. When I responded "no" the woman actually told me to "get out then!" I have never EVER been so humilated by another person in public in my life. There were no signs stating "private party" or "closed for corporate function" nothing. Just a mean old lady. Maybe she did not work there, I don't know, but a sales/catering manager should have informed them that they were not to be rude to other hotel guests! As for staying at this place again...don't think so.

• Stayed June 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2005

This may not be a "brand-name hotel" but it is up to standards of one. Conviniently located near the Pier, friendly staff, specious two room suite gives one enough privacy and comfort. Very nice weekend getaway for those who like a quiet place to relax.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2004

Well kept hotel, has a feel of a condo, affordable, next to the PIER. Close to the beach, personable staff +++.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2003

Stayed at Ocean Suites in July for pleasure.... and it was great! Very friendly staff, clean rooms and swimming pool and great (free :-) )high speed internet access in the suites. We would definitely stay there again!

St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2003

A clean, quiet hotel just a block from the beach but with great views of the ocean. Rooms are big--all suites--and the property is well kept.
The pool isn't spectacular but it's nice and clean. You probably won't get a room here easily during launches at Cape Canaveral, but they have an excellent view of launches.

• Stayed February 2004
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2003

My son and I checked into this hotel so we could have a good view of a Kennedy Space Center rocket launch. While the room was clean and there was definitely a great view of the space center, nothing was updated. There was actually a 1960's style white vinyl futon for the "hideaway bed" in the living room--definitely not what you'd want to sleep on, especially if you're over 5' tall!! Staff was pleasant, but disinterested--didn't mind at all that we checked out after one night and went to a only slightly more expensive Comfort In and Suites hotel right down the street (with a much better view of the launch site from our ocean front balcony!!).

Been to Ocean Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!