“I would stay again...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Cocoa Beach B&B and Inns
Coconut Creek, Florida
“I would stay again...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a Bayfront room and we enjoyed the room. The only reason I give it a 4 instead of a 5 is that there are a few cosmetic things in the room that need to be fixed but nothing too major. Clean but a bit small but hey such is life, we didn't spend much time in the room as we spent it on the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Altamonte Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Dolphin over Fourth of July weekend, as our local timeshare facility had no vacancies. To the previous reviewer who likened staying in the Dolphin as "an old beach apartment", you are spot on! Debbie, Duane and Housekeeper Debbie are friendly and welcoming hosts. The guest rooms are clean, comfortable and spartan; do NOT expect fancy! The grounds are very relaxing, and lend themselves to socializing between the guests. Complimentary kayaks and fishing gear are available. My favorite part of the weekend was sitting in one of the comfy lawn chairs, with a cool beverage, and watching the sun set over the Banana River; "just what the doctor ordered"!

Although we have been going to Cocoa Beach for many years, this was our first experience staying on the "south end" of town, and it was relaxingly enjoyable. Traffic is lighter, restaurants aren't quite as crowded, and this stretch of Cocoa Beach, between downtown and Patrick AFB, isn't as "touristy" as a couple miles further north.

Check out the Dolphin Inn, the great Taco City Tex-Mex Restaurant across the street, and the "quieter end" of Cocoa Beach are definitely worth experiencing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Haines City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on a mini vacation to Cocoa Beach. We are both from FL and have been many times but this is the first time we stayed here and can I say that we absolutely LOVED this motel! The lush tropical plants growing everywhere, the many statues and figurines that the owner (Debbie) had placed around the courtyard, you can walk out on the dock and can kayak or fish (FOR FREE!!) in the Banana River and the section of beach that they told us to use was nearly EMPTY makes this place one of the best that I have found hands down! If you are looking for or expecting chain hotel atmosphere, then don't go. The owner and her husband were very nice and I loved talking with each of them. They don't come daily to clean, just to take out the trash and give new towels but I'm the type that doesn't like maid service daily. If you aren't from FL and want to see how it used to be here, book a room at the Dolphin Inn. Each room was different from the rest which also gave it that homey feel that you NEVER get from chain hotels. We will definitely be return guests. THANK YOU DEBBIE!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The employee/owner was friendly enough but the room was SMELLY and dirty complete with stained sheets which was a little scary even for the discount price of $80/night. I tried it because other reviews called it kitschy those were true but left off the dirty factor - ugh!

• Stayed February 2013
kent england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

i just loved this motel,it is so pretty,as you walk in threw the grounds.i found the owners to be helpful,accommodating,and friendly.this motel,is really peaceful.just what the doctor ordered lol.while i was there they were putting in new beds,and flat screen tvs.
i walked across to the beach in the morning,to watch the sunrise. and in the evening i watched the sunset,from there dock. and saw fabulous sunset.and to round it of the dolphins swam by.
this might not be for everybody,but it was my cuppa tea
and im coming back,next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Riverdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Looked for an inexpensive place to stay 1 night before going on our 1st Cruise!!! Dolphins have a special place in my heart, lost my darling Mama in 2011 Dolphins were here fave creatures on this earth!!! Fate I found The Dolphin Inn YEAH! I Believe so :-) Got 2/4 the price of 1 here, Dolphins for Mama, & vintage shabby chic' for ME :-) I adore Mom & Pop motels, love their unique character & charm !!!! Would stay at the Dolphin Inn Motel again even if we weren't cruisin!!!! A GREAT price for a waterfront view with Cocoa Beach right across the st. & the Banana River on the property PERFECTION !!! And the owner a lovely, fun gal Miss Debbie from jolly ole' England just loved her :) The Dolphin Inn A MUST STAY if you love charm & vintage!!!! Rather stay here than a 5 star hotel !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

As a local I recently stopped in at the Dolphin Inn to inquire about a room. I had my three young children with me. The office reeked of cigarette smoke so I waited outside, already having a feeling this was not the place a family. My kids were touching some shells near some plants. The woman came out and snapped at them not to touch the shells. Then she asked if there would be children staying. I said no, and she said, "okay, because we DON'T DO CHILDREN." I was ASTOUNDED. I left telling her that if she was not supportive and inclusive of families we would not be patronizing her business. Unbelievable. If that is your attitude, put it in big bold letters on your website, you are discriminatory and want nothing to do with families with children.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Dolphin Inn? Share your experiences!