“Good hotel if you're only looking for the basics” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cocoa Beach Suites

Save Saved
You added Cocoa Beach Suites to your Saves list
Cocoa Beach Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3655 N. Atlantic Ave., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 (Formerly Quality Suites - Cocoa Beach)   |
Ranked #18 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Taylor, Michigan, United States
“Good hotel if you're only looking for the basics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel isn't bad, but it could be better. It's about a 3 block walk to the beach(bring a cooler with wheels), there isn't a pool & the pools you can use(2 affiliate hotels) aren't close(more walking). The "two bedroom suite" is exactly what you get. You open the door to your hotel room & step into the king bedroom, which is also your kitchenette, a door in the king room opens to the 2nd bedroom with the 2 queen beds & your bathroom is also in that 2nd room. There is a hair dryer & an iron w/ board, there are also t.v's in both rooms but there is no safe in the room. A few good things: the hotel has a large hot tub that is very clean, there are multiple extra bathrooms on every floor & the staff is excellent. At any given time there is a knowledgeable person at the desk to help with anything you need and they can all recommend great places to eat, shop & visit or answer any question you may have(we had many). I have to say that Steve, who worked the night-shift, went out of his way for us on more than one occasion. We had a few issues that he eagerly solved, printing directions & finding locations for us, he made our stay at this hotel a much more enjoyable experience, Thanks Steve!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are secluded.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

254 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Merritt Island, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We got an amazing rate over Easter Weekend when everything else was booked. But our experience was umm, interesting....While we are checking in a front desk associate literally walked off the street with no shirt on, through the lobby door around behind the counter proceeded to put his shirt, unbutton his pants to tuck in his shirt and pull himself together while asking us if we had our parking pass. The other associate sounded more like he was organizing a party for later than confirming a new guest reservation..

We got through that, checked into our room and because it was beautiful we wanted to go to the pool that is advertised on their website....well, that is a shared pool which is at another hotel about 1 block down the street, so it is an interesting process.

The 1 elevator in the building takes forever, so you can go outside and use the stairs through an unlocked door which gives you access to every floor, not exactly safe.

When we journeyed to the other hotel to use the pool, we casually asked the front desk clerk if we were "safe" at the Cocoa Beach Suites, and BOTH front desk clerks at the same time, laughed in our faces and one said, "if we were not booked 100% we would transfer you over here" and they would not explain further.

We didnt have any issues, but still that uneasy feeling all night from the hotel about a safety concern. Especially from the sister hotel where Cocoa Beach Suites SENDS all their customers to use the pool, not very cool.

But overall everything was fine, but exactly like I said interesting stay. LOL

No beach access directly, you have to cross backside of A1A which is fine if you are familiar with the area.

If you are a local Florida resident stay here for the convenience etc...if you are a family looking for a real hotel, pool, breakfast etc pay the extra money to stay somewhere else. LOL

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean Side
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during spring break this year. Had a family suite and had a king size bed and another room with 2 double beds. There were 5 of us, 2 adults and 3 kids. The location was great!! Within walking distance to local restaurants, Ron Jon's and the beach!! Although the picture on the site shows the beach in the background we didn't mind walking the couple blocks to get there. Was saddened that there was no pool, just a spa like hot tub. However, they did offer pool gratuities at the four points Sheraton, which was within walking distance and the Radisson which was a few miles away, both were heated which was nice. The second day we were there housekeeping skipped our room and we came back to our beds a mess(which was fine we can make our own) but we had no towels and no toilet paper!!! I went down to the lobby and to the front desk and was created by Steven. He was very rude when I asked for more towels because I needed 5, when he brought them to me he said 'that's it I have no more clean towels.'' To me his behavior was very unprofessional and rude especially with your customer standing right there. The next say housekeeping had our room cleaned and did a very good job on making sure everything was neat and well stocked. I went downstairs the next evening as well to get some plastic cups and to find out when checkout was and was greeted by an enthusiastic and very well mannered young man named CJ. He helped me out tremendously with the information I needed and also had no problem giving me anything I needed. I was disappointed that this was a suite and had no desk or table and chairs. Every other hotel we had stayed at had that. Also the only bathroom had to be accessed through the second bedroom, didn't seem like a very good layout. All in all our stay at cocoa beach suites was good and we would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013
Thomas W, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind comment's on your stay at the hotel. I do apologize for Steve's behaviior, and I am glad to hear CJ was very accommodating to you. We certainly do hope to see you again the very near future.
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel last week and I could not believe the room condition. White sheets can be clean using bleach, right? So why did my sheets look like they had blood stains on them? The bathrooms definitely showed their age - rust stains, bad cleaning job in the bathroom. I could go on, but I think that you get the picture now.
This is a $40/night hotel that is charging $100. The beach is NOT right at the back of the hotel like the pictures show - the image is taken at an angle that suggests that. So proximity to the beach is not something that should boost the price of the hotel.

Room Tip: no room is good
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thomas W, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you found the cleanliness lacking in my hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies. Also, please allow me to assure you this is not the usual service you should expect from my hotel. I do hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the Cocoa Beach area you will allow us to show you our usual great service and cleanliness standards. Our hotel is located two blocks from the beach, which is an easy walk and does not require the crossing of any highways. Parking is free at the hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel was clean with nice amenities. The staff was very friendly and well managed. CJ was very nice and courteous as well as funny. The hotel had a nice jacuzzi as well. Very good place, would stay here again.

Hallstead, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

The guys at the front desk CJ & Jason were very friendly, one even walked my dog for me while I was unpacking the car. I had a hard time finding a hotel that was pet friendly in the area on last minute notice and it being spring break. I needed 2 double beds for me and my daughters and they only had 1 king bed with a roll-away bed and a suite with 4 beds 2 tv's, kitchen area. The nice man gave me the suite for only $10 more than the 1 king room. My girls loved it! And...the Waffle House right behind it made a great breakfast. Thanks Jason & CJ! I will come again : )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments on your stay. CJ and Jason really appreciate them too. We are happy to welcome small dogs at the hotel. We are looking forward to seeing you back agai soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Being from New Hampshire, it was almost ironic the amount of southern hospitality on arrival at the hotel. We were met by a very nice young Gentleman who was very funny and knowledgeable of the area named C.J. who really made us feel at home and comfortable asking for things or for information. Even the janitors and security were very friendly and would wave or say hello as we passed. The location is absolutely perfect being maybe 1 minute walk away from a nice quite beach, and having a delicious 24 hour waffle house out front. Couldn't have asked for a better vacation spot!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Cocoa Beach Suites? Share your experiences!