“Comfy beds & good shuttle service to & from the cruise port” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cocoa Beach Suites

Save Saved
You added Cocoa Beach Suites to your Saves list
Cocoa Beach Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3655 N. Atlantic Ave., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931 (Formerly Quality Suites - Cocoa Beach)   |
Ranked #16 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
Judique, Canada
“Comfy beds & good shuttle service to & from the cruise port”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I booked this hotel as the price for the "family suite" was reasonable. The write up was correct, it was perfect for sleeping for a family of 6. You step right into the room with the king bed. In that same room, there was a kitchenette (?) microwave, fridge & sink but no dishes or cutlery. No kettle. No table. No chairs. If you're supplying a kitchenette, at least you could supply a small table with a couple of chairs. We had no where to sit, except on the beds. It would have been nice even to have a comfy chair in each room, instead of only 1 hard back chair. The 2 beds in the other room had a night table between, but no lamp as all of the power outlets were on the opposite wall. The second night table was at the bottom of one of the beds, with a lamp on it. We couldn't even read before turning out the lights! One bathroom between 6 people, but we were aware of that when we booked, so not a problem. The staff was friendly. The lobby was just a lobby...no where to sit when waiting for the shuttle to take us to the port. Lots of eating places within walking distance and also the beach within walking distance. I won't stay here again. Not impressed at all. It needs a major overhaul!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Rarely do I ever leave a review about front desk employees. But the customer service I received from CJ and Kyle was outstanding. The hotel has no room service nor breakfast. But for the $ you can't beat it. My wife and I will be staying here again thanks to the customer service we received.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

CJ was very helpful he made our stay very comfortable. We had a stressful day and he relieved it. We happened to miss our cruise and had to accommodate an extreme amount of guest. He gave us a great reasonable rate and made us feel very welcomed.

• Stayed February 2013
Morehead City, N.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our second year staying at Cocoa Beach Suites, the first year for 5 days and this year
or 9 days. We are pleased with our choice and plan to stay again next year. Tom at the front
desk goes out of his way to help make our stay enjoyable, always speaking to all upon entering and exiting. His attitude makes us feel welcome, The rooms are very clean and the maid service is excellant. Looking forward for our trip to Cocoa Beach next year and staying at
Cocoa Beach Suites.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thomas W, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
We were very glad you see you back again. We appreciate your kind remarks and we look forward to your stay again next year.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Our visit started off with wonderful friendly service at the front desk by CJ. He was so polite and eager to help. Also makes great suggestions for local fare. One block to the beach with ocean views rooms available. Loved our stay.

• Stayed February 2013
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It's not often that the quality of the build of the hotel is the dominant theme in my review of the hotel, but that was the case here. The concept of the hotel--giving you a two-room suite at a low price--is a good one. But the quality of the build of the hotel was quite poor. From the thin walls to the cheap carpeting to the inexpensive furnishings to basic things like fit and finish. It just felt cheap. I would compare it in quality of build to a Motel 6 type motel/hotel.

There is no pool, although they apparently have a share agreement with a hotel about three blocks away (although who wants to walk three blocks in their swimsuit to use a pool?). It is a block and a half off the beach, access is easy enough.

Fairly close to Port Canaveral, so I could see this being a cheap way to spend a night or two before the cruise in a room that would accommodate two adults and possibly some kids (keeping in mind that Disney cruises out of Port Canaveral).

The nearby restaurants were chains such as Waffle House, Denny's and McDonald's, so you get an idea what type of neighborhood you are in. And yes, there is a Motel 6 across the street.

So probably less than ideal for us as a couple for a two day stay in Cocoa Beach. But it may work for you as a place to stay before/after a cruise.

Room Tip: Only one elevator and it's a slow one. Ask for a room with a view of the ocean, which will put...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sedona, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A bad start with night manager who didn't get message from daytime manager who I discussed allowing my 90 yr old aunt to go to room prior to my arrival from out of state. My aunt is deaf and he was rude and made her wait outside until I arrived. I explained when I arrived that I had discussed the early arrival that morning with the other manager but he kept repeating the policy is picture ID and a credit card and only apologized for us getting off to a rough start a few days later when I checked out. The day manager apologized immediately and told us there was a communication breakdown. The room smelled strange and the linen old and thin. It was good meeting place for family from Orlando and the coast but for a suite no place to sit besides the beds. AC racket all night long. For a hotel there was limited parking. As a matter of fact one night we had to park at the waffle restaurant next door.Would never go back there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thomas W, General Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you did not have a good stay with us at my hotel. Please accept my apologies. In reference to your Aunt, I am sorry it was not clearly explained to you that for our guest’s safety and security as well as to abide by local ordinances we require a positive ID from all guests checking into the hotel. We also request that all guests establish credit by presenting a credit card on arrival. I understand your Aunt did not have these items or was not willing to present them to the hotel. I do also apologize for the other items you found lacking during your stay. Please be assured they are being addressed as quickly as possible. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our usual great service on your next trip to Cocoa Beach.

Been to Cocoa Beach Suites? Share your experiences!