“Disappointed at the staff” 2 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brick, New Jersey
“Disappointed at the staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise. The hotel staff was not overly friendly. I commented it was our anniversary night if there was anything we could be offered on account of this. She said she would check with the manager, never received anything. We thought my son may have left his favorite stuffed animal in the room, as that was the last time we saw it. We called repeatedly over this to see if it was left in the hotel pull out sofa and was promised a call back, which we never received- we had to call 6 times!!!! We were told they are short staffed. We plan to cruise out of port canaveral again next year,but will probably choose a different hotel to stay at based on the lack of customer service....

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
opa3425, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Sandra P,

I am so sorry to hear that we were not able to find your son's favorite stuffed animal. Having had young children who were attached to similar items, I know how traumatic that can be. As I understand from my night auditor, the call was received during their shift when we do have a reduced staff. She was, however, able to send our security to lost and found, but to know avail. Our Executive Housekeeper, having searched thoroughly, was also unable to locate it. Again, my sincerest apologies.

Tom Williamson, General Manager

569 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have been holding our International Symposium on Self-Directed Learning at this hotel for the past nine years (That should speak volumes!). We keep coming back because it gets better every year. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful (especially Ana Leonard, Stefanie Mattia, and the rest of the conference staff), Dee Galli (front desk), and Richard Evans (food and beverage manager). Chef Craig makes sure the food is topnotch and beautifully presented, whether for breakfast purchased in the lobby kiosk, conference breaks, or large-group dinners. Lobby, conference areas, and individual rooms have been updated and are as welcoming as the stately moss-draped oak trees that frame the hotel and pool area. Our participants appreciate the closeness of the beach (about three minutes on foot), and some make annual pilgrimages to Cape Canaveral, the famous Ron-Jon's Surf Shop right down the street, or to many of the excellent restaurants in the area.

It's a very nice facility for an individual stay, a special occasion, or a small conference--but what moves it from desirable to excellent is the delightful and responsive staff! We scheduled our Symposium again for next year before we even left the hotel.

Room Tip: I like to look out through the oak trees to the river, but some prefer the ocean view....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was by far the BEST hotel we have had our annual FSMA meeting at. It was like a mini "tropical paradise". The hotel staff was so friendly and accomodating and all our meeting needs were met. The sleeping rooms were large and comfortable, and the meeting rooms were set up nicely. I wish I had more time to explore the "beach town" but I plan to return for a week-end away with my husband.
The Bistro was very convenient, but a little expensive. However I enjoyed the Starbucks specialty coffees and the bartenders in the evening were lots of fun.
I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel is clean and attractively decorated in the common areas, such as the lobby. The staff were very nice, personable and helpful. My room was on the seventh floor, and was a little larger than I expected. The AC worked well and was not too noisy. This hotel does not have a free breakfast. On the property, meals are available from the Bistro, which has a fairly limited menu. It is sort of a casual kiosk arrangement, with tables spread around. It serves as the hotel bar as well. I ate breakfast there three times, and all were tasty. It takes about three to five minutes to walk from the hotel to the beach, and no roads to cross or traffic to deal with getting there. Though I didn't walk anywhere I went, I believe this hotel is in easy walking distance of various shops and places to eat. Since my employer paid for it, I can't really say if it is an excellent value for the money, because I don't really know what they normally charge for a room, but it's a nice hotel, and I would not hesitate to pick it again when I travel to Cocoa Beach.

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor, so I didn't have any noise coming from above, like I have in other...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Last year I came down to Cocoa Beach to pre-plan for my up-coming wedding.I had already booked a block of rooms at another hotel in the area. I wanted to check out other hotels & rehersal dinner places in the area so I came into the Courtyard. I was greeted by Justine who was extremely friendly and very willing to help and answer all the questions I had. She was very knowledgeable of the area and things for us to do. Needless to say my first impression of Justine and the way I was greeted and made to feel welcome caused me to completely change my mind as to where to have my wedding guests/partyy stay and have our rehersal dinner. We ended up booking with the Courtyard and could NOT have been happier with the way that things turned out. My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary at the Courtyard and AGAIN Justine was simply amazing. Her warm greetings are always just wonderful !!! Wonderful place for families/couples/friends !!!!

Room Tip: King room with spa OMG : )
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

You can walk to the beach, shops and restaurants. I agree that the Bistro is pricey and that it is annoying that there is no complimentary coffee, at least in the morning, as other reviewers mentioned. Having said that, the Bistro food is tasty and you can enjoy it in the lounge or poolside, which we did for two lunches.
We traveled with out two year old twins. They had a blast in the pool, which had several toys provided for children to use. There is a Jacuzzi, firepit and an outdoor courtyard for guests as well. A staff member stopped us on the way to the beach and offered sand toys for the kids to borrow.
There was ample parking and we did not have issues getting a spot close to the hotel, even though there was an event going on while we were there.
We will stay here the next time we visit Cocoa Beach. The only thing I would change, if anyone cares, is the coffee situation. I love it and absolutely couldn't care less if it was Starbucks brand. I could take it or leave it. It is, in my opinion, just another way to get away with making an extra buck and not giving away something that you would generally receive for free at another Marriott property.

Room Tip: Ask for an oceanview, it is only a glimpse but they were happy to accommodate the request and it was...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I sent two of my bridesmaids to check into the hotel and leave our car for us on the day of our wedding, as my fiance and I were getting ready. The hotel had no problem doing this and were very friendly. Upon our arrival to the hotel around midnight, we were greeted with friendly smiles and congratulations. The staff even left a congratulatory card in our room, which was clean and comfortable.

Definitely will be back when in Cocoa Beach again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!