“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Crisfield, Maryland
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed here for a quick business trip and also have stayed here in the past. Great hotel, with a good location. Always very clean, big rooms, balconies, pool, large food / dining / bar area. Will definitely continue staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
opa3425, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Keith T:

Great review! It is so nice to hear that we are consistent in our service to you. I am happy to hear that you enjoy big, clean rooms with balconies, pool, the Bistor for dining and bar area.

I hope that you continue to enjoy your stays with us. I hope I get the opportunity to meet you on one of your visits to the Courtyard by Marriott Cocoa Beach.

Tom Williamson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked and stayed at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach at the last minute prior to a short cruise. The hotel was quite nice. Very clean and our room was comfortable with a nice balcony. The price was extremely reasonable as well. They offered a park and cruise package that was one of the best we have ever used..stay one night...park in their lot...and shuttle service to and from the port....all included. The best part was no fuss no muss....no frenzied waiting in a crowd to head to the port. The staff gave us a time to meet in the lobby and our ride was waiting. Then, the shuttle was waiting for us when we debarked the ship....waited for about fifteen minutes...and returned to the hotel parking lot...delivered directly to our car. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. Nice snack and bar service in the lobby...we were able to have a relaxing glass of wine out by the tastefully decorated fire pit before heading to our comfortable bed. Two thumbs up for a great experience! Well done Marriott!!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony over the pool.....great view! Also, try the lounge area inside...nice booths with...
Dear darlenec58:

What a wonderful review of the Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach. We have several packages available for cruisers, romance and Kennedy Space Center. We are very close to Port Canaveral and the parking and taking a shuttle is quite convient and popular. I am happy that you had an opportunity to enjoy the Terrace with the fire pit, and the Bistro. Thank you for mentioning that the staff was pleasant and accommodating.

We hope you come back often.

Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I made a reservation for one night for 5 people (me, my husband and 3 kids) under the Fly, Snooze & Cruise package. It was a great deal since it clearly stated that roundtrip transportation from airport to the port was included in the rate.

My emailed confirmation states "FLY, SNOOZE & CRUISE - Call in Advance, includes tickets, roundtrip airport transportation, see Rate Rules". However, there is no link to Rate Rules section and you have to go back to the hotel's website. After finding the fine print of the section, it indicates that the transportation is only for one person and that each additional person is 45$, including children.

Before I booked, I called the hotel to ask specific information on the transportation since I would be traveling with small children and wanted to know what type of vehicle would be provided and if child seats were available. The reservation agent answered my questions, but still did not tell me that the transportation was only for one person.

I only discovered this misleading information after much digging. If a reservation is made for five people in a room- why would a guest ever only require transportation for one person?

I feel like this is misleading and wanted to alert anyone considering booking the Fly, Snooze and Cruise package. Thankfully, I was able to cancel without penalty and with enough time for me to make other arrangements.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
opa3425, General Manager at Courtyard Cocoa Beach, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Staceye2003:

I apologize for any confusion you encountered regarding our Fly, Snooze & Cruise Package. Our package does include transportation for one passenger from the airport, to the port and back to the airport. There is an charge for each additional passenger in the sum of $45.00. There are two places on Marriott.com that refer to the Rate Rules that clearly explain this additional per passenger charge.

Again, please accept my sincere apology for the confusion you encountered regarding the details in the Rate Rules.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We recently stayed two nights at the Courtyard Cocoa Beach and it was awesome. This hotel was immaculate and the staff was so friendly. The rooms were so clean and fresh and I had the best night of sleep I have ever had at a hotel. The hotel was just a short walk to the beach which was very convenient. If I had only one complaint it would be that the hotel should offer some type of complimentary breakfast. That being said this is definitely our new go to hotel when staying in the Cocoa Beach area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear MichFe:

Thanks for a great review of the Courtyard by Marriott Cocoa Beach. It is so nice to hear that your room was immaculate and the staff was so friendly. I apologize that Courtyard hotels do not offer a complimentary breakfast.

We are happy to be your "go to" hotel when coming to Cocoa Beach area. Thanks again.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here Saturday night after leaving the Days Inn because of a smokey room we were given. The room was more than twice as much at $155 compared to $67 but much nicer and smoke free. It would have been nice to have had a free breakfast considering the price of the room. I now understand there was free coffee downstairs but didn't know it at the time. This would have been nice to know as I went out for it. We did enjoy the pool and hot tub and were the only ones using them which seemed odd for a Saturday evening. The room was very clean and nicely decorated with a nice balcony. There was a running event going on in town the next day and the hotel was full but didn't seem crowded. There was not enough parking and I had to park along the curb out front overnight. Not a big issue. We were checked in by Carla who was very friendly, courtious & professional. She made us feel special from the moment we walked in the door! Will stay again but hope to get a better rate on-line compared to the rack rate.

Room Tip: Looks like if you book on-line in advance you'll save about $20 over rack rate.
Dear StevenM32922:

Thank you for a great review. It is nice to hear that you had enjoyed the mineral pool and hot tub. I am happy that it didn't seem too crowded since you were here during a special event. We would love to have you back again, call or check online for specials.

Thanks again for a great review.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while we were in town for the Space Coast Half Marathon. The staff was friendly and check in was quick. We had a king bed with a sofa sleeper and a chair. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space to sit with a few of our friends who were visiting from the Hampton hotel next door. The hotel has a restaurant (which we didn't use) and a Starbucks coffee shop. The only reason I didn't give this hotel the highest rating was because they didn't serve a free breakfast. Other Marriott properties serve continental breakfast and some even serve hot items. It is much more convenient to just run down to the lobby for a quick bite versus having to go to a restaurant. I would return here with my husband, but I would not bring my children due to the lack of free breakfast.

Dear mmd13233:

What a nice review. Thank you for all your kind words about the friendly staff, spacious room, comfortable bed, sofa and chair. I am sorry that Courtyard hotels do not offer a complimentary breakfast.

We hope that you will come back again.

Adairsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Nice pool, access to nice long beach on the atlantic, rooms nice and clean, computers w/ internet access. Nice TV area downstairs to watch the games at. Breakfast area w/ nice expensive fancy vittles. The coffee was free. Paid around $140 on a room and you have to gouge us on some fruit and oatmeal. I guess thats why I generally fly to Mexico and deal with lesser beaches but nicer people. I walked across street past churches to a pond with flamingos after that a view of a bay and a nice walking area through a residential area. Would love to vacation there just found it a bit expensive and service at the desk and the fancy breakfast area to be a bit stuffy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jefhtro:

Thank you for the nice review of the Courtyard by Marriott Cocoa Beach. I appreciate your kind words about the pool (mineral), clean rooms, business center, wide beach on the Atlantic, Bistro area with TVs to watch the games, the walk by the Banana River with flamingos.

I apologize that Courtyard hotels do not have a complimentary breakfast. We hope you come back when traveling in Cocoa Beach area.

Tom Williamson

Been to Courtyard Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!