We are Marriott Elite members so we try to stay at Marriotts. In this case, we had a free night Marriott certificate so we stayed here for one night. We arrived early, around 11am, and were told that our room would be ready in about an hour. We took a quick shopping trip to Ron Jons which is a couple of blocks away. When we got back our room was ready around noon. When you walk into the hotel, the lobby is very clean and modern looking. Our room on the 5th floor was very large with a king bed, sofa and 2 chairs surrounding a coffee table, desk, and dresser, One end of the room had a kitchenette with sink, small fridge (no freezer), coffee maker, and microwave. Alot of storage space underneath for clothes. Nice balcony and we could actually see 2 cruise ships in the distance. Other than that there was no great view to speak of. The room had a strange moldy smell. We checked the air conditioner and you could see the mold. We did not want to waste any beach time so we told the front desk about it on our way out to the beach. It is a 5 minute walk to the beach but it's not that bad. The front desk called us while we were at the beach to say they saw the mold and they were switching us to another room and giving us a free breakfast to compensate. When we got back from the beach we moved to our new room, exact same room just one floor below. There was no mold in this new room. Unfortunately, once we lived in it for a little while we realized it was poorly designed. The bed is next to the window which is where the air conditioner is. It's about 12 inches from the bed with no way to adjust the vents. Forget about reading if you're sitting on the sofa as there are no reading lights. There were two recessed lights over the kitchenette area, one was out. The bathroom vanity space was the worst we've seen in a long long time. There was about 6 inches of space on each side of the sink. No shelves, no drawer space. There is a tissue box there and once you put your cup and toothbrush and toothpaste there was literally no room for anything else. I have bruises on my elbow trying to dry my hair because the space is so tight. Had we not been in the 1st room, we would not have noticed that the mirrored closet door was missing in the 2nd room. There was no door on the closet. There was also a big bad chip out of the bathtub.
There were a few plusses. That part of the beach, which is a short walk away, is not crowded. The hotel's location is good, short drive to everything. The bed was comfortable and the shower pressure was good. The blackout drapes actually closed all the way. The breakfast the next morning was good. I had made to order eggs, toast, potatoes. My husband had french toast with strawberries. Not sure what the cost would have been. Had we not been comped for breakfast we most likely would not have eaten there.
Our last couple of stays at Marriotts have been disappointing and this one was just not up to the old Marriott standards. This has us rethinking our Marriott loyalty.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach
- Courtyard Cocoa Beach Hotel
- Cocoa Beach Courtyard
- Cocoa Beach Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new state-of-the-art lobby at Courtyard by Marriott Cocoa Beach-Cape Canaveral provides greater flexibility and choices for our guests. This hotel features our new lobby with inviting, flexible spaces to work or relax in, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard™. The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro - Eat. Drink. Connect.™ which provides guests with healthy food and Starbucks in the morning as well as lunch and evening dinner service with cocktails. Located on famous Cocoa Beach, 200 yards from the Atlantic Ocean and just minutes from Port Canaveral Cruises, Kennedy Space Center, Historic Cocoa Village, and Orlando's Attractions. We offer a well equipped fitness center, mineral pool and whirlpool. A 24-hour business center and boarding pass printing service is also available. Your stay at Courtyard Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral is sure to be more comfortable, more productive and more enjoyable than ever before! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard Cocoa Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.