“Personal, excellent instruction from the Pros!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 46 Activities in Cocoa Beach
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn to surf today with the best. Located in downtown Cocoa Beach.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Personal, excellent instruction from the Pros!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

After reading other Tripadvisor reviews of School of Surf in Cocoa Beach, I decided to drive over from the west coast and take a lesson. I was so impressed! I was I up and surfing the first day. Lauren is great in teaching you how to really manipulate the board and read the waves. What a blast!

What really makes Todd and Lauren at School of Surf stand out is that you immediately feel you are one of their "surf family" and not just another no name customer they are running through their shop.

A couple of years ago, I took a lesson from another, so called, surf pro. I enjoyed the lesson, stood up a couple times and went home happy, but after my first lesson with School of Surf, the difference was obvious. With School of Surf, the instruction was so thorough and I was up and surfing throughout the lesson.

If you are planning a trip to Cocoa Beach and want to learn how to surf, Todd and Lauren at School of Surf are fabulous at getting the whole family up and surfing.

Humble, Texas
23 attraction reviews
“awesome experience for the family -we will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and itook our two kids (9& 12)
We all had a blast the instructors were very patient and helpful
They got us all up on the boards and being as much of a surferas we could
Great experience we will be back on our next visit
Visit on a weekday when the beach isnt as crowded

Williamstown, WV
5 attraction reviews
“Outstanding experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My 2 daughters (16 and 19) and I took surf lessons and it was an outstanding experience! Having never surfed before I was apprehensive. Todd was a fantastic instructor and a real down-to-earth guy. We spent some time in the classroom going over instructions then it was off to the beach for actual board-time. We all managed to stand up at various times during the hour session with my 16 year old riding the very first wave she caught!. We will be back!

Visited July 2013
“Great day on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a great shop! Speedy and visiting instructor Kobi, from Australia, made our experience great. They were both knowledgable and supportive. The shop is away from all the tourist parts of cocoa so any local Floridians, like myself, will enjoy it. Overall, great experience! I highly reccomend School of Surf to anyone looking to get out on the water and up on a board.

Apalachicola, Florida
“Great time and instruction at surf camp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and her friend attended surf camp for a full week. They attended Ron Jon last year, an had a great time, but we wanted them to get more detailed one on one instruction this rear. School of Surf did not disappoint. Run by former professional surfers, with a low student teacher ratio, SOS will give you a level of surf instruction and education no other school will. They also take safety VERY seriously. Thank Todd, Lauren, and Speedy.