“About as irish as the Queen Mother” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“About as irish as the Queen Mother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Maybe owned by irish but thats it..... Been from Dublin my wife and daughter and I thought we would love this place.... Apart from the pictures and stuff on the walls we were the only irish thing in the place.....

Visited February 2014

Montgomery, Alabama
“A little bit of Ireland at the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Looks can be deceiving..As they say.. don’t judge a book by its cover. The location is in a tiny Strip mall so we were surprised when we walked in .it was like we just walked into a true Irish Pub. The decor was well thought out planned and it showed from all the little touches. After picking one of the corner booth areas, the Bar tender came over to see if we would like drinks and told us Dinner would start at 5pm so he gave us some menus to read over while we waited on our Drinks. The bartender was friendly and very Irish ( what a Cutie Pie)..We put our order in for Corned Beef and cabbage flatbread ..(Wow that stuff was really good) we also enjoyed a plate of Bangers and mash it was the Special for that night and the Shepherd’s pie. I think we may have over did it with the food but it was just so darn good. My only disappointment was I forgot to get a shirt, but I figure it will give me another chance to stop by when we go on vacation again.

Visited December 2013
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Where was the Irish hospitality?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My family and I visited Nolan's on a whim for some authentic Irish food. As I entered with my family and 1 year old we were asked to sit in the corner room with no table so the 'child could run around.' As we had come to eat I suggested a table, we were then informed they did not have a high chair. After threatening to leave a high chair appeared. However, our waitress was overly concerned with our child the entire time. When she returned with my husbands flight of beers she didn't know which was which...defeating the purpose in my opinion. She gave us our check early incase 'the baby wanted to get out quick' ie before the band started. I know it's a pub but my child is very well behaved and actually she quite enjoyed the music. So over all, great atmosphere, good food, sad service.

hannah44563, Owner at Nolan's Irish Pub, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry that you didn't feel completely welcome at our pub. We sincerely apologize. In defense of our server, we believe it was a new employee who was probably just trying to look out for your child rather than put you in a corner. We don't get that many young children in the pub although we are very family friendly. Also in her defense since she probably never waited on anyone yet with a small child so she was not aware that we do have one child's seat in the back room. We are glad that you liked the pub overall but again we are sorry for the feelings you have about the way your were treated because of your child. We hope you will come back again. Kind Regards, Mary Nolan
Delaware
“Friendly and fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Everyone was friendly and nice. We had dinner and stayed for the Irish folksinger. The food was good, mostly sandwiches. The staff was very friendly. The Guinness was very good. This is a very nice Irish Pub to enjoy an evening of fun. We will definitely go back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta Area
“Unexpected pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Easy walk from our room at the Courtyard. Authentic (Been to Ireland a couple times) Reuben sandwich super due to sweet red cabbage instead of kraut, nice! Also had Tennent's Lager, my favorite popular priced Scottish beer.

Visited December 2013