“Carnival Excursion: Surfing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 41 activities in Cocoa Beach
Type: Educational Sites, Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Our Surf School is now running surf camps and teaching surfing lessons in Cocoa Beach, Florida. From beginner to advanced, we have professional, CPR certified instructors which are there to ensure your fun and safety during the class. Cocoa Beach Florida is well known for surfing, and offers us an ideal location to run our surf camps and teach private surfing lessons. There is a variety of other surf camps being run in the county, some of which are at breaks that are not the best for giving surfing lessons. Cocoa Beach Florida has long been considered one of the best areas in the world to go in and catch your first waves.Whether you have never touched a surfboard before or ready to move to the Nex level, Nex Generation Surf School will take you there. Longboard or shortboard, we have the instructor for you! We will have you in the water and surfing on your very first day at camp or lesson. All of our surf camps have safe soft surfboards which make our camp as safe as it can get. For the more advanced surfers, you can supply your own boards if you wish to. No matter what, just make sure you get out there and have a good time.NexGen's summer surf camps are going to be run directly from our shop in Cocoa Beach, FL. We can help arrange stay at the hotel and include the surf camp as the perfect learning vacation. At surf camp, you learn to ride the waves and experience the healthy, exciting sport of surfing first hand. After each morning camp, private lessons are also available. All surf camps have a low student to instructor ratio and are staffed with accomplished surfers who are knowledgeable of the ocean and the environment. In Cocoa Beach you can lean to surf while taking advantage of Florida's warm water and pleasant weather
College Park, Maryland
“Carnival Excursion: Surfing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I took group lessons through Nex Gen with three of my friends and a slew of other people from the cruise ship. We had a wonderful experience! All of the surf instructors were so nice and patient. I thought I would never get a hang of surfing (I lack balance skills), but by the end we were all able to stand up! I am so happy we took lessons through this amazing company. If I am ever in Coco Beach again, I would definitely take more lessons! The instructors were well educated, clearly passionate about surfing, patient and kind.

Ocala
5 attraction reviews
“Great Surf Camp for Kids and Adults Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My two teen age children and I signed up for the week long surf camp. I am in my mid 50's and when I discovered the camp allowed parents to participate I thought that was fantastic. Our instructor was excellent! We decided this surf camp was one of our best vacations ever. Easy parking, a short walk to the beach from the surf school. They had shade, water and sunscreen available at all times. Jon Parrot our instructor was patient and stayed in the water helping us for over 3 hours at a time. The atmosphere was relaxed and friendly. We were all standing and catching waves on our own the first day. Jon took extra time with the younger kids and everyone was really surfing. Total family fun! They provided everything you need to surf except your swim suit.

Montreal, Canada
“wow that was fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My two kids (9 and 11) tried it and loved it. We paid semiprivate lesson and it they got the owner Brian Gale for a teacher. They would become surfers for sure if we lived near the beach. We're from Montreal Canada. Anyway if you get the chance try it.

Karine

Merrick, New York
“Surf Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was a good afternoon to get back on a surfboard. The waves were not so great but it was afternoon on the Atlantic and that was the time the cruise ship was in Port Canaveral. The staff at Nex Generation Surf School was very friendly and accommodating. We were in the water and on the boards for over two hours, the only reason it was not longer was mother nature decided it was time for some thunder and lightening. But a very relaxing and enjoyable day. Looking forward to our next visit.

Visited July 2013
Pennsylvania, United States
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Once in a great while, you come across something that is truly unique and authentic. It's the real deal. No plastic parts or substitutes. Such is the case with Nex Generation Surfing School. The instructors talk, live, eat and breath surfing. These guys are about as real as it gets. If you want real surfing without all the hype, polish and price tag, Nex Generation is the way to go.

My teenage son and I booked an afternoon lesson there on Cocoa Beach. My knowledge of surfing is limited to watching Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves in the movie Point Break. In other words, I know nothing about surfing. The equipment we used was top notch. Safety was practised and everyone felt comfortable in the water. After a couple hour lesson with Nex Gen, I was not only riding waves, but actually standing up and surfing!

Kudos to the team at Nex Generation Surfing School for staying true to the sport and teaching an old dog like me, a new trick!

Visited May 2013