“Surf Day” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 46 Activities in Cocoa Beach
Type: Educational Sites, Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Surf School is now running surf camps and teaching surfing lessons in Cocoa Beach, Florida. From beginner to advanced, we have professional, CPR certified instructors which are there to ensure your fun and safety during the class. Cocoa Beach Florida is well known for surfing, and offers us an ideal location to run our surf camps and teach private surfing lessons. There is a variety of other surf camps being run in the county, some of which are at breaks that are not the best for giving surfing lessons. Cocoa Beach Florida has long been considered one of the best areas in the world to go in and catch your first waves.Whether you have never touched a surfboard before or ready to move to the Nex level, Nex Generation Surf School will take you there. Longboard or shortboard, we have the instructor for you! We will have you in the water and surfing on your very first day at camp or lesson. All of our surf camps have safe soft surfboards which make our camp as safe as it can get. For the more advanced surfers, you can supply your own boards if you wish to. No matter what, just make sure you get out there and have a good time.NexGen's summer surf camps are going to be run directly from our shop in Cocoa Beach, FL. We can help arrange stay at the hotel and include the surf camp as the perfect learning vacation. At surf camp, you learn to ride the waves and experience the healthy, exciting sport of surfing first hand. After each morning camp, private lessons are also available. All surf camps have a low student to instructor ratio and are staffed with accomplished surfers who are knowledgeable of the ocean and the environment. In Cocoa Beach you can lean to surf while taking advantage of Florida's warm water and pleasant weather
Merrick, New York
“Surf Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was a good afternoon to get back on a surfboard. The waves were not so great but it was afternoon on the Atlantic and that was the time the cruise ship was in Port Canaveral. The staff at Nex Generation Surf School was very friendly and accommodating. We were in the water and on the boards for over two hours, the only reason it was not longer was mother nature decided it was time for some thunder and lightening. But a very relaxing and enjoyable day. Looking forward to our next visit.

Pennsylvania, United States
“The Real Deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Once in a great while, you come across something that is truly unique and authentic. It's the real deal. No plastic parts or substitutes. Such is the case with Nex Generation Surfing School. The instructors talk, live, eat and breath surfing. These guys are about as real as it gets. If you want real surfing without all the hype, polish and price tag, Nex Generation is the way to go.

My teenage son and I booked an afternoon lesson there on Cocoa Beach. My knowledge of surfing is limited to watching Patrick Swayze and Keanu Reeves in the movie Point Break. In other words, I know nothing about surfing. The equipment we used was top notch. Safety was practised and everyone felt comfortable in the water. After a couple hour lesson with Nex Gen, I was not only riding waves, but actually standing up and surfing!

Kudos to the team at Nex Generation Surfing School for staying true to the sport and teaching an old dog like me, a new trick!

Visited May 2013
Melbourne, Florida, United States
“Top Notch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Recently visited NexGen and found the staff to be both courteous and knowledgeable.My child attended one of the week long canps and totally enjoyed it and has asked to go back next year.I will not consider going to anyone other than Nex Generation

Melbourne, Florida
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Brian first taught me to surf almost 7 years ago at NexGen in Cocoa Beach. I was surprised at how easy he made it and how quickly I was standing up on the board! I still go back every year to rent surfboards, and get a few pointers from the staff as well! I definitely recommend you go visit the instructors at NexGen for a guaranteed good time learning to surf!

Visited June 2013
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to learn to surf. So I went to NexGen. Best time Ive ever had. Everybody was very professional and friendly. I would recommend them to anybody.