“Great fun & good exercise!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cocoa Beach Kayak Eco Tours
11 attraction reviews
“Great fun & good exercise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Can't say enough about Ric's great attitude to make sure you enjoy yourself thoroughly while sharing the beauty of the mangrove islands. He is happy to go as fast or as slow as his guests want. Since I had very little experience kayaking he made sure I was comfortable and felt secure. The place was awesome with large areas of open water and small passages through some of the islands red, black and white mangroves. There were lots of birds, butterflies and we even got to see a few manatees. You just have to give Ric a call and set a date for yourself! I only went yesterday and have already recommended it to two of my friends. I'm planning on going back myself!

Visited June 2013

Orlando, Florida
“AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

During Spring Break, My Sister and I and her Two Kids (11 and 13) decieded that night before that we wanted to try a kayak tour. We found Rick on the web and called to see if he had any spots. It just happened that he had a cancelation and we were able to get in the next morning. The 1hr and 15 min drive from Orlando was easy and scenic. Rick met us at the boat launch and was great at explaining everything. Once on the water it's was very peaceful, Rick took up to a few manatee hiding places before we finally found one guy in the water playing with a palm leaf. He was swimming all around us and under the kayaks. Next we saw a Mother and Baby Dolphin swing just feet from the tip of the kayak. We also saw some other doliphins a bit farther away. We saw birds, and fish a plenty and Rick quickly explained what each one was. He took up through norrow trails through the islands that were so cool! I have lived in Central FL for 9 years, I have done most every attraction with my family when they come to visit and this was BY FAR the best $$ we have ever spent. Resonably priced and good clean fun! We can wait to go back! Thanks Rick! See you soon!!!

Visited March 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome Morning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great guide, great information and great natural wildlife & scenery! Rick has a very cool personality and makes the experience both fun and informative. hanks Rick!

Buffalo
7 attraction reviews
“Nice relaxing tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice area to Kayak. If you've never kayaked, it's a great trip
to try out. If you have kayaked, you'll still enjoy a relaxing ride through
the mangroves. Ric knows the area well and doesn't take big crowds out.
Very personal and interesting.

Visited December 2012
VA
8 attraction reviews
“quality time on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had taken a kayak trip before but it was crowded with too many people , this trip was a smaller group and you were able to hear what was said and not feel lost. I was out in late Dec so there was not as much wild life to see, but we did get to see dolphins pass us by. we were looking to spend some time between our cruise trip and the next stop. this was a fun way to enjoy the afternoon and convenient. the launch place has tables you can sit and and eat while you wait, there are bathrooms there to use and parking was convenient and free. you get a life jacket to wear and there is a bag to stow stuff behind the seats. wear shoes that go in the water and you will probably get your clothes a bit wet, so plan for it, and just change when your done.
Ric is very funny and took us around places wildlife hangs out. he also talks to other people on the water to ask if they have seen any activity and where. he points out what he sees and tells you about them. even tho there were not tons of animals to see, it was still fun just getting out and rowing around. we felt like we were lost in a jungle at times, it was very cool.
the kayaks are in good shape and easy to use. we kayak often enough and in different kinds, but I feel the beginner would do just fine in these. you get a lesson on what to do and he will wait and help you if you get stuck. half the fun is getting stuck and then un-stuck in the mangroves. we were with my college age kids, who went all over the place while us "older folk" kept to a more reasonable pace. oh, and you get to pick a kayak for two or just one. so if you have a kid who is afraid to be on their own, you can be with them.

Visited December 2012