“Love the sharks” 4 of 5 stars

Concord, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
“Love the sharks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My son 6 years old likes to go here to look at the sharks in the aquarium. We have bought shirts, shades and flops here in the past. It is a neat place to visit

Visited August 2012

Windsor, Canada
“Initially excited , ultimately disappointed with private 2hour pre booked surf lesson for 13yr old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We pre booked a two hour private surf lesson for our 13 year old son. We confirmed the reservation in person on our arrival at the main beach store location . At 9am the next day we arrived to find the surf dude instructor was missing and no others were available for the lesson. The very helpful store manager did her best to scramble and put together an alternative. A very gracious two family group from Chicago allowed my son to join their larger family group lesson ( 10 other surfers ) one hour later . In the end... The instructors were great (my son interacted mostly with Scott -an awesome surfer dude ). But we were ultimately disappointed that a single unreliable employee kept my son from the one on one lesson we had hoped for. The company did offer an additional 1 hour private lesson following the group lesson but my son was too tired after the two hour group lesson . We purchased a small body board which he played with in the waves continuously for the next three days.

My advice is to double confirm that this company has an available/reliable instructor for your lesson date-time. On our next trip we are likely to try a different surf lesson company.

Visited April 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Will definitely come back for summer camp!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you can, request Scott as your instructor! He did wonders with our three kids during a 2-hour class! Now only did he give them proper technique, he was patient and calm throughout the lesson. My son was even able to get up on the board after just his second try!
Thanks very much, Scott! It was a real pleasure meeting you!

Visited March 2013
Titusville, Florida, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome Instructors!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Thanks to Scott for teaching us how to surf!!! As inexperienced as we were, he always showed patience and tolerance to our lack of coordination.

Visited September 2012
Saint Cloud, Florida
“A great place filled with an amazing staff and board rentals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We live in central Florida and my son has been wanting to buy a surf board for a year or so; we live busy lives with sports and school, etc and with being in Central Florida I have not bought him a board yet. We were staying on the coast for a sporting event and my son wanted to rent a surf board. We went to rent it and I saw that Cocoa Beach Surf Company had private lessons.

We signed up for lessons; he had a class on water safety, etc and practiced getting up on the board before heading to the beach.

We got to the beach and Scott was more than helpful with Parker. We will definately be visiting the company again for more lessons and board rentals until we buy a board--all of the staff we encountered had great knowldege and were very helpful

Visited September 2012