“Surfing with Ron Jon is a Blast!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Surfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn how to surf at this surfing school.
Orlando, Florida
“Surfing with Ron Jon is a Blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My daughter has been wanting to surf for the longest time and started surfing with Nicole at Ron Jon. She is having a Blast! She is doing the three hour sections and Nicole is just a sweetheart. We are big fans of RON JON and Nicole now!
It is making me and my other daughter want to surf too.

jpsteyning
“Absolutely brilliant - surfing our way through a fab holiday...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wanted to share our brilliant experience of Ron Jon's Surf School. We have now had two series of sessions with RJSS and our fabulous instructor Mike Rowley. Have managed to now get surfing into shore most times and look forward to our next visit...to hone our skills more-so... Highly recommend, great patience, advice & coaching... a definite element to your net visit to Cocoa... great for single or into families... would recommend doing private lessons...

Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
“Best Place to Learn How to Surf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I did a quick search before going on my trip and this was the first site that came up. When I saw that it was Ron Jon I thought I had the best spot. When I arrived I noticed that there were several places for surf lessons and then thought I just paid for the name rather than the best place to lear how to surf. I stuck with it and was ecstatic. I got put with an instructor who had been surfing since he was 9 months old! The rest of the staff there, including the instructor, were all extremely nice. I did the whole learning process which was much shorter than expected. I even know what to do in case of a stingray. Then after practicing popping up for a few minutes, we went into the ocean. I got up on my first TRY!!! Then I had a learning process but was still able to get up several more times. The instructor (Larry) was excellent and was very patient as any good teacher should be. I am now excited to go surfing again and if I am back in the area I would happily go there for more lessons.

French Lick, Indiana
“good times-ish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

spongy surf boards, pasty tourists and sandy water, probably full of sharks. Im an old man and surfing was one of those bucket list things ive always wanted to do. With the help of ron jon, i can safely cross this off! The crew there was so helpful, so kind , and so patient with an old fart midwesterner like myself that ive have a renewed faith in the youth of this country. Did I mention i stood up and rode a wave???!!!! COWABUNGA!!

Visited March 2013
NYC
3 attraction reviews
“Highly recommended for first timers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm in my late 30's, reasonably in shape, from TX and NYC, never surfed in my life, heck I don't even know how swim that well. I did a 2h private lesson with Mike. It was excellent. Mike was super cool, patient, and a great teacher. By the end of the lesson I was competent enough to go back on my own on future days to practice more, and this was an outcome far better than I was expecting. Mike was really great, he's totally ripped and gave me some great tips about how to look like him too!