“Beware ! Sharon L. Fish, Owner of Chateau Rentals or Carl Zartman” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Chateau By The Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cocoa Beach
Chateau By The Sea
Save Saved
You added Chateau By The Sea to your Saves list
5300 Ocean Beach Blvd., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“Beware ! Sharon L. Fish, Owner of Chateau Rentals or Carl Zartman”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family and I had a big holiday last year in Florida ,5 adults , it was a special holiday for my 50 th birthday and the fact I was discharged from my cancer consultant after 10 years of care. I feel a family alot to celebrate and nothing was going to spoil this holiday. However I have to say Laura care taker of the chateau , and the above mentioned tried their very best.
I have to say the Condo came close to living up to expectations , just a few minor problems , didnt have enough toilet paper, few towels , no washing powder etc that had been listed in description , but no problem we just went to store and bought more. All and all the condo was clean and comfortable.
The wifi internet connection , now that is what I relied on, and when it went off, Laura the care taker made no effort to re connect and was almost rude about, certainly had attitude when I asked her if it could be fixed ,I did explain I needed it as I was waiting for emails re work and my sons college but to no avail , not one bit helpful.

BUT MY MAIN COMPLAINT AND WARNING IS MY DEPOSIT ! Chateau rentals were a little cheaper that some of the neighbouring rentals , however once they refuse to give you back your security deposite you then know why. I left the Condo in good condition and better stocked with toilet rolls , washing powder etc , however they alleged that one of our party , an adults well groomed with clean sanitary habits soiled the sheets of one of the beds with their "butt" and refused to give back our $300 deposit and kept it they say for buying new sheets . Must have been some sheets ! Anyway after several emails and a legal representive we got no further in getting out money back . It wasnt even that big a deal $300 it was just the fact it was obtained dishonestly that bothers me , guess some people just have no conscience

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Webster, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a condo complex, not a resort. So don't expect an on sight manager, or maintenance person. (which can definitely be an issue) There are 5 floors. There are 20 condos "facing" the ocean. (look for condos ending with "06 thru 09") The rest have ocean "views". You know the kind where you look at a parking lot and have to lean over the railing to see the water.

All of the units are privately owned and this is a mixed use facility. Meaning some are owner occupied who do not rent and others are rented out for vacationers. This is not a problem.
To find rentals you need to do some research on the internet. Not all units are listed on the same sites. Google Chateau by the Sea, Cocoa Beach fl. and search for different options.

The pool is very nice and never busy. No Hot tub. The beach is accessed through a locked gate by the pool. The grounds are well maintained and the building, for the most part, has a nice appearance. The condos which face the water are all accessed from inside corridors. Some of the others are not. There is ample parking, but you MUST have a permit, supplied by whoever you rented from.

The owner of our unit, #207, also owns 6 other units in this building. We met several people by the pool who were renting units owned by this owner. All of them had similar comments about the units. The pictures shown on the internet are correct, for the most part. (ie. stylish furniture and decorating) What you can't see is the condition of the furniture, the lack of and age of pots, pans, linens, etc. A review from 3 years ago mentioned the avacado green shower and tub surround. Guess what? they are still here, but now have huge cracks and the tub has been coated with some type of blue epoxy...probably to seal a leak! It's pretty disgusting. I would NEVER put a child in this tub! Guest bath lite bar is simply bare bulbs. Towel bars are loose, sinks are very old, chipped, cracked and should be replaced!

Units have washers and dryers. Ours has a Bosch front load. Front load washer doors need to be left open to air and dry. There is very little space to leave the door open, so this machine is rusty and smells moldy. There is a pay laundry on the ground floor.

I spoke with the Laura, the cleaner for this owner. She was helpful in providing extra cleaning supplies, a working TV remote, some additional towels (not many). I think she was sympathetic to my complaints, but unable to fix them.

It seems some of the things I have mentioned about this unit are common in the other units owned by this owner.

I will say that when I have contacted him he has been responsive. But there are many issues which cannot be fixed with a phone call. This unit (#207) needs major renovation!

I will say that the view cannot be beat! And the proximity to all that Cocoa Beach has to offer makes this a great location! It's too bad this unit, and the others cannot be repaired to the level where renters like me find little to nothing to complain about!

When searching for Chateau By The Sea, be sure to look at all the different owner sites for different options.

Room Tip: Be sure to check all condo options for Chateau By the Sea
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mt. Pleasant, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

This was a bargain, and reminded me that you get what you pay for. The location was great! However, the dishwasher was barely functional, and tipped out of the counter space when the top rack was pulled out. The linens in the master bedroom were very old and worn. The fitted sheet did not stay on the mattress, and the towels in the master bathroom were old and dingy. The linens in the room with 2 twin beds were fine. Some of the beach chairs were falling apart. The charcoal grill is a small webber that can only be used in the parking lot near the dumpster. For a small investment by the owners, this would be a prime rental. This is the 4th time we've rented a condo in Florida, and it was by far the least expensive. I would rather pay a little more and have a condo with nicer ammenities.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
St Charles, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We loved Chateau By the Sea. We stayed in unit 106. It was so cute and the kids loved their surfer decorated room. Being right by the pool, beach, and pier was so nice and cooking dinner instead of eating out was great after 5 days at Disney. What a great place to crash and relax. All of the beach towels, chairs, sand toys and boogie boards were provided and put to good use. We would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Grould floor is convient but no view.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

The unit we rented was small and outdated. It was advertised as recently renovated, which is clearly not true. It is very overpriced. It is close to the pier (not a plus for us) and to the beach. The pool was nice and clean.
I would not stay here again or recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
cdwlfamily
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We really enjoyed ourselves! This condo had EVERYTHING that we needed, especially for a family with younger children.

It was so nice to be able to go across the street to the Publix to get groceries and make our own meals, instead of eating out for every meal! I didn't realize the amount of beach supplies on hand! I am glad we didn't have to buy things to use for a short time and then throw away!

The washer and dryer were a HUGE ammenity for us, considering I have two girls that feel the need to change clothes 5 times a day! To be able to come home with all clean clothes was priceless!

We were able to call back home and not use our cell phone minutes thanks to the free long distance and the wireless internet access was very useful for our family, since we are always changing our minds on what we should do!

Cocoa Beach was a great location with a lot to offer- (Grille's was an awesome place to eat!!). We went out for a drive and happened to stumble across Merritt Island. If you can't find what you are looking for in Cocoa Beach, cross the bridge to Merritt Island. There a ton of restaurants and stores there! ( I love Ross- Dress for Less stores)

I have so many good things that I can say about this location. Thanks again!

Becky Cadwell

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Hello Steve and Julia,
Our family very much enjoyed our first visit to Cocoa Beach.
Your condo was perfect for us and it's location was excellent.
The beach was where most of our time was spent which was
so close to home. We had a great time. Thank you.
Bill and Karen Tompkins

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Chateau By The Sea? Share your experiences!