“Fun place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Sanford, Florida
“Fun place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We have been to Captain J's a few times and we really love the place. We like to sit upstairs on the rooftop at the bar, and look out at the ocean. The bartenders are so nice and friendly, and the food is really great! They have great food and drink prices! We were there the day after Christmas and Anna was our bartender! She is so funny and a hard worker! We had a great time! We will be back the next time we are in Cocoa Beach!

Visited December 2013

Denver
“Great view, not great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

The waitress was very nice unlike many other people have commented on but the food wasn't great. I has two of their specialties and if those were the best sellers I would have hated trying something that wasn't. The crab cake has too much breeding and the stuffed shrimp were far from stuffed. The also only had beer in a bottle which seemed odd. Good for a relaxing drink but not the food.

Visited October 2013
Glasgow, Kentucky
“Poor Customer Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our experience here was pretty bad. I would say if you had a great waitress the restaurant itself was ok. The food was a little overpriced for the quality. Our waitress was busy "tending" the bar so needless to say she was less than attentive. We waited just over an hour for our food to be delivered. Upon arrival my husband and my mother-in-laws platter did not have their choice side item with it. (French Fries) When we asked her where they were she said that she wanted them to have fresh hot fries so she would be back out with them (My father in law had fries on his plate, guess she didn't want his to be fresh and hot.) She never returned with them. Nor did she ever ask us if we wanted refills on or drinks. or clear our Salad Plates off the table. We waved her down to get our check we told her she never brought us our fries and wanted them removed from the bill and she said no she wouldn't. That she would box them up to go for them. Then she walked away. I went inside the restuarant (we were sitting out on the deck) to look for a manager. When she saw me she asked what I wanted I said That I was looking for a manager she then told me she was upstairs working the bar. I asked if she could go get her for me. She said no that she was a manager also and it wouldn't change anything, that if I wanted to complain I would just have to talk with her. However when I said I was going to ask another server if she was truly a manager she went and got someone else. (She said he was a manager.) I introduced myself and started off by explaining our situation and our experience. He never once even looked at me. In the end, we got a 15% discount on the meal, but not an apology or anyone saying that this wasn't their typical level of service. which is all I wanted to hear. (Also never got the to-go box she was fixing).
I am not hard to please. But I work in customer service job myself and I know what is okay and what isn't okay. Maybe we just went to this restaurant on the wrong night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Smyrna Beach
“Dirty, high-priced, mediocre food & service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Restrooms were disgusting, food was high-priced and mediocre at best, service was terrible. Don't bother . . .

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa Beach
“High Priced Drinks, lousy service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Thought we would try a new place for happy hour (great happy hour prices for drinks along the beach are very abundant). Not so here. We are from Chicago and don't pay close to $5 a beer there. Explains why only 2 other people at the bar at 5:30 pm. Bartender was not around much and had an attitude when we asked about any drink specials = NONE!. You can see same great view of the Ocean at the Pier (1/2 priced drinks = $2 Corona & $3 Mai Tai) or Coconuts ($1.75 beers & cheap eats for Happy Hour). The management is out of touch or unaware of its nearby, competitive establishments that include live bands!

• Visited September 2013