“ok for families, best for adults” 5 of 5 stars

Inn at Cocoa Beach
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4300 Ocean Beach Blvd., Cocoa Beach, FL 32931   |
Ranked #1 of 33 hotels in Cocoa Beach
abower83
“ok for families, best for adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

wow, I was prepared to get a nice stay at this property based on the reviews I read here, but it exceeded expectations. we are a family of four adults and an infant and we had a chance to stay around the space coast for one night on our whirlwind journey around florida this past month. what impressed me the most was that upon check-in we got a wonderful orientation to the hotel from the nicest lady. she even gave us glasses of wine since wed just missed the daily free wine/cheese happy hour. our room was a deluxe two queen oceanfront, 4th floor, room 43. the room was terrific. (the elevator was def old/dated, but it's not a new hotel so this didn't bug me). what was terrific about the room began with the décor--simple palm tree/tan décor pattern. giant chair and a half in the corner. decent sized balcony with two rocking chairs. nice pergo floor with a couple of rugs. tiled bathroom with walk in shower. of course, the shower was a toughie since our son is a tub baby and hates showers, but I gather their general clientele is mostly adult so i'm not surprised. my father in law pointed out that the tile floor in the shower was really poorly laid--which I thought was rather a ridiculous observation considering how nice the room....that was, until I showered in the morning and had to look at it. It really was sad. the rest of the tilework looks fine, so why the shower floor is unleveled and shabbily laid is I congruent with the rest of the care taken in the appearance of the rest of the room. the only other complaint I can make about the room is that the beds are Firm. That's right, with a capital F. The in-laws liked it, to which I may say: great, that again must be their target audience--the older generation that were reared on hard as rocks mattresses. To their credit, I think someone threw on a layer of foam between the mattress and sheet--thank you for that. For us younger folks (we're 30s), we appreciate it. We're used to our Beautyrest Extra Plush pillowtop.

Now, on to the other stuff: Hot breakfast served to you cafeteria style by lovely ladies, with a view of the yard and fountain. Very nice, loved the tiny quiches and the egg boiling station! Beach is just a hop skip and jump over a private little road in front of property and has the very enjoyable Alan Shepard Boardwalk crossing it--perfect for walking. The beach itself has a shower to get the sand off but it's crappy like most cities provide. The Inn provides one just inside their locked gate which is fantastic. We loved it, Nicest one we've ever seen. Now, about the pool. It's a standard rectangular pool, starts at 3'6'' goes to 6'', so it's not great for little kids. water was a bit colder than the ocean, and its February. Again, I didn't expect a pool for kids, but just know this if you've got toddler age kids.

The pool yard has a hammock, which my son enjoyed. In the shade of a lovely tree, too.

Towels are quite nice for the beach, not the usual unfluffy white scouring pads one comes to expect at resorts.

anywho, we didn't have a chance to explore more, but I want to underline and highlight that despite it's few little tweaks to be more family friendly I would stay here again without hesitation, We browsed the other properties and nothing comes close to the charm herel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Talbott, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My son, who is off from college, travelled with me while I was working FL and we took an extra day to rest. We were fortunate enough to find the Inn and it was awesome. Even though it's not a new property, the upkeep, for being on the beach is great! An absolute paradise and the service and amenities were absolutely unique and perfect. We LOVED IT. Breakfast was incredible and the folks were so accomodating. I WILL be back with my wife. Great property, great beach, great value! If you want the Marriott, don't go, I don't want the Marriott, and I loved it! More the feel of staying in a super-large, well-built home.

Room Tip: Have to use the stairs for some rooms, which I loved, but might create an issue for some folks. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Breckenridge, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had the misfortune of arriving late - the "night auditor" was in charge of check in and took 45 MINUTES to complete the check in. They had not saved the king bed room we had reserved, so she promised to move us into an appropriate room the next day and offered a room upgrade for all the trouble and the long wait. She printed out a new reservation confirmation at price quoted for the original room. Next morning the desk clerk informed me we would have to pay $60.00 a night for the upgrade and she had been told by the night auditor that we had agreed. When I said that had not been the offer and we had not agreed to an increased room rate, she made me wait for the manager, who still would not honor the offer, but found us a king bed room, which is all I had requested. A little while later, I walked back into the office for restaurant advise, to find the desk clerk rudely talking about our encounter. Then, the next morning, an employee in the kitchen was telling a guest about the situation, naming my room number! Upon check out, there was an error on the bill (in my favor). When I pointed it out, the same clerk corrected the bill, collected the additional payment and never bothered to say thank you.
This hotel is in an excellent location on a beautiful beach with a nice view. They cook a very nice breakfast, have wine and cheese in the afternoon and have an honor bar. They rent beach chairs and umbrellas for a nominal fee. There is a nice swimming pool and the rooms are clean.
The building is dated, the air conditioner fans are noisy enough to wake you up, and the walls are thin enough that activities next door wake you up also. Beds are middle aged. The hot and cold water in the sink were backwards. They never provided clean glassware in the room. There is not enough parking - the lask people in at night are left with no parking space.
It is unfortunate that a few people at this hotel have such bad attitudes. The rest of the staff was a delight, but the lack of a simple thank you or apology from the manager or the week day desk clerk made this gossipy hotel's attributes pale.

Tampa, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel has a very dated feel. No elevators so if you get a second floor room plan on schlepping all your luggage up and down flights of stairs. Check-in was pretty quick. Front desk staff was okay until we had to ask for an extra blanket and the night staff person had no idea where the blankets were. She gave us a shower curtain to use.

We stayed in a pool view room. The room smelled strongly of bug spray and the smell didn't get any better during our one night stay. The mattress was like sleeping on a trampoline. The carpet was coming up around the edges and looked very worn especially near the sliding glass door.

The only nice thing I can stay about the room was the balcony was nice with the rocking chairs. It was nice to go out there and escape the smell of bug spray from the room. It's a quick walk to the beach from the hotel.

We opted for the park and cruise option. The shuttle was prompt in picking us up and getting us to the port. There was however a major issue getting picked up from the port once we disembarked. It took nearly an hour waiting before a shuttle showed up to get us and the original shuttle service that we were booked with ended up giving us to another shuttle service. Meanwhile, other passengers that stayed at other resorts were quickly picked up while we waited.

Maybe the other rooms are nicer but it wasn't worth the money. I'd equal this to a Motel 6. We were very disappointed after hearing great things from other travelers.

Room Tip: Don't get a pool view room. If you have heavy luggage request a first floor room.
Manchester, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We honeymooned at the Inn 11 years ago and have made it back once or twice a year for a stay and everytime it has been a joy, feels like we are visiting old friends. Have never found a place that has stayed so consisant over a period of time. We have stayed in the several different rooms and have found them all to be clean and comfortable the staff is always helpful with dinner and directions.

Room Tip: One of our favorites is the tower room with king bed and ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Interesting one night stay. Staff were very nice. Room was unusual - jacuzzi room. The bathroom lacked a wall where the jacuzzi was and the set up of mirrors allowed one pretty much anywhere in the room to see the entire bathroom. Very strange set-up. Breakfast was quite pleasant. Appears to appeal to an older crowd.

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have nothing but praise for this hotel. From check-in to check-out, it was spot on. Beautiful property, amenities, service, and hospitality - first rate! Book a room on the 2nd. floor facing the pool/ocean. Beach access is excellent, not to mention all the shopping and dining options within walking distance. You simply cannot find another hotel property better than this place, period! And, the breakfast, will blow you away... I will definately return...can't wait! Thank you for a most wonderful stay...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Inn at Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!