“Safe, remote location, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Cocoa
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Safe, remote location, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from the end of December, 2012 thru January, 2013. He works construction, so we travel often and I'm usually "vacationing" at the hotels. We found the weekly rate was very reasonable. The location, although remote, is convenient to I-95, and just a 10 - 20 minute drive to shopping, beaches, etc.. I especially liked the fact they do not rent to anyone local. I say that because it has been my experience, that anyone local, needing a room, is usually up to no good. I felt really safe there, even on the nights my husband had to work night shift. The staff is really friendly and helpful. No the rooms/decor is not spectacular but they are clean. I had no trouble with the wi-fi connection. I would recommend this room to family/friends traveling the area. Recommended restaurants while you're staying in the area: El Charro Mexican. Kay's Real Pit BBQ. Chaparral Mexican. Florida Seafood. Coconuts on The Beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
daysinncocoa, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Kim A,
Thank You for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay with us during your rather long business trip. We hope next time you are in the area on business or pleasure you choose to stay with us again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here recently because we wanted a budget hotel. The price is great and the hot breakfast is a plus. I understand that it is an older hotel and I'm fine with that. The thing I'm not fine with, is that the room wasn't properly cleaned.
The area around the sink should have been wiped down and when I went to get in the shower, there was a lot of hair, both stuck to the shower wall and in the tub itself. Gross.
I'd stay again if the rooms were cleaned.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
daysinncocoa, General Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Islander, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I do sincerely apologize that the bath room was not cleaned properly and do hope you give us another try.
Cocoa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

i travel up and down the east coast of florida for business and have been visiting this property every few months for 2 years now. the location is ideal as it is just feet from i-95, 10 mins to downtown cocoa and 20 mins to the beach. ive noticed many major improvements over the two years and commend Mike the general manager for his hard work, most notably the wi-fi service improvements... the staff is always welcoming and have my particular room ready (poolside king) even for an occasional early check-in. the room is clean, neat and comfortable and housekeeping does a great job as well. the pool area is sunny and always ready for me and the outdoor music definitely gives it a tropical feel after hours of working in my room. the free breakfast at the recently opened on-property restaurant is a great deal and saves me time and money driving for breakfast. i did enjoy the pork chop dinner last nght as well and hope to see the menu expanded in the future. this property is an excellent value for the casual biz traveler or pleasure traveler looking for a convenient, clean, relaxing visit to the cocoa area and i highly recommend it.

Room Tip: i prefer rooms on the poolside
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bradford L,
Thank you for leaving a review on TripAdvisor for everyone to see. Repeat customers is very important in the hotel business so we defiinitely value your continuous business with us. It is always nice to hear the recent changes we have made have not gone unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Guest Relations Manager
7700034 Lo Barnechea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was attending a sports event I. The Cocoa area and got this hotel recomme des by the organizers be aide it's close to the place.
The reservation process was pretty fast and easy through the web page. I could easily fi d the hotel comming from the I-95. Excellent parking facilities. The check in process was also very straight forward. Nice and kind service. They notify that the Wi-Fi was not worki g I. The rooms he to a technichal problem they were working at. My room was comfortae, nice and clean. Good TV. The lighting was a problem since all rooms have only corridor (public) facing windows and the only curtain is the black-out system. So, if you keep the curtains open allowing daylight to come in, everybody could spot into your room. A second thin and light transparent curtain would certainly benefit. The electrical system is a little bit old too and some outlets were broken. Could be a problem if you come with children. The amenities were very good. The other comment I have is the shower. Excellent water pressure and good temperature until you connect the shower. Pressure and temperature fails giving you sometimes a chilli experience. The water went too slow away so it could be somehow clotted. I didn't report this to the hotel staff. (Room 152 anyway).
The breakfast was far away from my expectations and I just had it once.
The price of it is very convinient and also the placement. There are two gas station close by, shopping or dinning are also easily reached from the hotel. I didn't try the swimming pool because the weather wasn't right, but looked perfect clean and has a big size surrounded by lawn.
The Internet acces in the room started after two days and the connection worked perfect.
I must say that I'm still very happy with my stay and would come back if I return to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinncocoa, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear ACB, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We have come a long way over the years and acknowledge we still have some things to do to improve our property.

Regards,
Shatalka

Been to Days Inn Cocoa Cruiseport West At I-95/524? Share your experiences!