“this place sux” 1 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 111 Restaurants in Cocoa
Cuisines: Hamburgers, Seafood, Pub, Oyster Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Cocoa , Florida, United States
“this place sux”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Not happy!!! They hardly give you any food and charge for what should be a larger amount. Snowcrab n shrimp for $ 16 has 1 half of a snowcrab n 6 small shrimp!! N the " loaded baskets wasnt enough for a kid! Thats 13$

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Cocoa, Florida
“One more try....for Florida Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Ok.........first off I first visited this Resurant under the current owners a couple of months ago. The food and service where equally as disappointed. Upon a recommendation of a respected neighbor who told me things had changed I gave it another try. First off the service was very attentive, something that was clearly missing the first time I had gone. The food was quickly brought to the table along with our drink orders and everything was good. I was truly pleased as I try to support local establishments and if you know anything about this area they are few and far between. Me and my son had Mahi sandwiches and buffalo shrimp...everything was good. I applaued the owners as they must have realized the improvements that where needed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winter Springs, Florida
“Great Old Florida place right on the river.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I heard about this place from a friend. I had the fish of the day, a Wahoo sandwich. I had to bring home more than half. I'll have to find a bigger bun. The fish alone was close to 1/2" thick. Boy thdownat fish is good. Fresh good tomato and large piece of lettuce plus a side vegs, I chose cauflower and tasty home made coleslaw. It wasn't one that was mostly sour cream. $13. But where else are you going to get grilled Wahoo. Other fish prices were low. I'm a native Floridian. I'll be back. There is new good competition 20 miles to the south,, but OFG is in an old florida shanty that you would probably drive by if you did't know. You can even sit out in one of the private decks. Hay sometimes the river smells, but you probably want fresh seafood and then you won't notice it, or you can chicken out and eat inside.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good dining at a relaxing, friendly river front bar and grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Come as you are - collared shirt or t-shirt - sit inside or out on the patio, or enjoy the river side tiki hut bar down along the river. The cheese stuffed fried shrimp appetizer was a unique little starter. The lobster bisque was better than the clam chowder which was tasty too. We both had salads - bacon wrapped scallops on one, fried oysters on the other (I would have preferred steamed) but the menu was full of great looking baskets, platters and sandwiches featuring the local seafood.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Merritt Island, Florida
“Very Strange Mixture Of Good And Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Four of us went to the OFG for an anniversary dinner. The brown haired lady that met us had a very lame sense of humor that we managed to ignore. We were seated at a round table indoors and served by an attractive young blond lady that did a very good job waiting on us. I had a shrimp and scallop basket with cole slaw, hush puppies and fries. The cole slaw, hush puppies and fried were very good. The shrimp and scallops were soggy and all tasted the same. My wife had fish and chips basket, with hush puppies and house salad. This meal was pretty good.

Entertaining us throughout the meal was an endless succession of flies - on our food and in our faces. This might not ruin everyone's meal, but it came close to ruining ours. If it were not for the flies, I would have graded this restaurant as average

• Visited May 2013