“Second time around” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Clewiston
Stanford
“Second time around”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We visited Clewiston Florida for our annual trip and we stayed at the Inn again. The Inn is clean and in the center of town.
The room are small when you place a king bed in them but my preference. I don't like room service but the maid was always lad to restock our towels when I saw her. The toilet would get on my nerves. when you sat on it in a certain way you would here water running. reported as we left. There as washer and dryer that I used a few times, vending machines were in there, the glass on machines needed cleaning (very dusty) We were given complementary breakfast at the restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't know which rooms are better but wifi comes and go. We stayed on side first floor, easy par...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ingersoll, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stopped at Clewiston the night before a big fishing derby. Best Western and Holiday Inn were full. We decided to try the Inn and lucked into the last room available. We greatly enjoyed the ambiance and the great breakfast. This lovely heritage hotel was great and we would recommend it highly. Yes the rooms are dated and some of the furniture also but they are comfortable and roomy. The complimentary breakfast buffet was hot and delicious and the staff friendly. My wife and I would definitely return.

Room Tip: we had a second floor suite
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Some of the rooms are very small and furniture worn. The first room the front desk put us into was in poor shape. The curtains torn and it looked like many hunters and their bagged prey stayed the night. We complained and the woman at checkin was very nice and moved us to a better room without too much fuss. Bed was very comfortable. Lobby and old bar were both charming and nice to explore.

The restaurant food was not very good. Skip the pancakes unless you want to toss them as frisbees. Stick to the eggs and toast. We didn't bother to send food back. Didn't seem like any point. Waitress nice but service slow.

If you go with the right expectations, you may not be disappointed as the price was reasonable for an overnight stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Clewiston, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Sunday lunch at the beautiful historic restaurant Clewiston Inn was a big disappointment. I am, from Europe, visiting my sister in Clewiston and wanted to treat her and her husband for elegant sunday lunch, not any country style or fast food. The waitresses ignored us for half an hour and after taking our order we waited another half an hour before we had our meal. All three meals had some things missing. We had an overall impression that nobody really cared: wrinkled tablecloths in a beautiful dining room, no tables were cleaned after guests left. Food was not worth the price (which was really low). We are willing to pay for good food and service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Working in nearby Moore Haven for Business, needing a room to rest my head. Called the "Chain Hotels". The were booked with workers, and were crazy on their prices. I noticed The Clewiston Inn, figured it was from the '20s or '30s. After calling and inquiring about rates and availability, I was pleasantly surprised with the rates. I walked up to a old plantation looking hotel, beautiful restored inside. Great wood floors, and old era pictures in the lobby. Stepping into my room, I was amazed, king size bed, four big pillows, super comfy, cold frig, microwave. Hot shower, older bathroom, who cares, only in there for two things. The next morning, I was offered a free hot breakfast buffet, all the goodies, eggs, sausage, bacon, grits, potatoes, cereal, toast, muffins, LORD !!! Overall a big perfect score !!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bonita Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Interesting place, the exterior looks more elegant than the guest rooms.

Rooms have tiny bathroom - toilet and bathtub with shower. The sink and mirror are in the room. Room also has microwave, refrig, coffee maker and a cathode ray tube TV.

The bed itself was very comfortable, with feathered duvets. Issue was the pillows, not comfortable at all.

The lobby, cocktail lounge and dining room all southern beauties from the 50's and in good condition. On display the switchboard! most people won't even know what it is. Other interesting items from the past also displayed, worth a visit.

Most important the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My four day stay was a nightmare.
The carpet floor in the room had a lot of stain and looked dirty. The room is small, you can hardly move around and not comfortable at all..
The carpet cleaner used in the hall had a strong chemical odor that made sick every day I walked through – worse as an asthmas person, I had allergy during all my staying.
The computer table was so tiny and small that my standalone monitor and laptop could hardly fit.
One morning, I went to the dining room for breakfast, I was shocked to see a hotel personnel was vacuumed that room while the breakfast food was while open. It’s inacceptable.
If you carry a luggage, you have to climb it up to several stairs or steps to go to your room because there is no ramp.
I will definitely advise anyone to stay away.
One more thing, there is not fitness room, it s a big lie on their website.

Room Tip: Call the front desk and ask questions of concern before booking online
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clewiston Inn? Share your experiences!